Don't have energy to workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Please up your cals, you're not eating enough.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You arent fueling your workouts or hydrating well enough. If you know its your intake then errm why not eat the type of pre workout food you need to help you get through? You may also need a rest.

Not everyone adapts well to fasted cardio or early morning workouts. I need to eat so I can manage a good workout. Overall I burn more than I eat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I was eating around 1500-1600 calories, and sometimes (before my period) I go like a crazy-monster and eat too much like 2000 cal. So I think lowering them to 1000 like you said was really agressive and not good for me. I have just 5kg. to lose (where I gained in really short amont of time, due emotional over-eating) and I thought "if I restrict like that for I month I will get rid of it", but I'm not feeling well :(

You said on the first page that you're only eating 1000-1200 cals?

I eat 1000 - 1200 calories when I'm restricting...

Which is what you're doing now, no? To try and lose weight?
  • nikkerbob
    nikkerbob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Woman's Pre-workout and energy booster !!!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Wait are you only having a soup and salad for the day or for dinner?? Try to make sure you're getting adequate amounts of protein and carbs for energy, also experiment with what time of day you work out. Nothing is going to make me energetic at 6 am but I can do anything at 6 pm.....

Ooops, no! For dinner, through the day I eat other stuff. Like for breakfast I eat yogurt with walnuts and honey, for lunch grilled chicken with some vegetables and for dinner salad and soup in the between I would grab some fruit, like apple or banana... granola bar and a coffee at leat two cups! And calories do add up pretty quickly. :D

Calories are a unit of energy. Your body is a frickin' machine that is powered by energy and actually requires a lot of it...you are providing your machine with very little energy...thus your machine is sluggish and slowing down to compensate.

You have to find balance between properly fueling your body for all of it's activities and weight control. You don't have to eat like a birdie to lose weight. Also, in looking at your picture I wonder if you really have weight to lose
  • tonygymfit
    tonygymfit Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Up your carbs
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I was eating around 1500-1600 calories, and sometimes (before my period) I go like a crazy-monster and eat too much like 2000 cal. So I think lowering them to 1000 like you said was really agressive and not good for me. I have just 5kg. to lose (where I gained in really short amont of time, due emotional over-eating) and I thought "if I restrict like that for I month I will get rid of it", but I'm not feeling well :(

No, I'm trying to lose few pounds.

Thank you for all of your replies. Since yesterday I upped my cals and I feel great! Thank you all.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options

No, I'm trying to lose few pounds.

Thank you for all of your replies. Since yesterday I upped my cals and I feel great! Thank you all.

That's good to hear! :) I had the same problems, I used to be constantly tired and had a hard time working out when I was on 1250-1350 calories. Currently I'm eating at least 1500 calories and it feels way better!

Good luck to you :smiley: