not feeling pretty

Options
My husband says he like all natural me just need to lose some weight. But what attracts guys are not natural. My family my mom and sister wheres the eye shadows lips stuff and im looking like the dull one sitting next to them and I have locs and u come with the these hairstyles that processed hair cant really do with. Just really put your self in a position like forget trying to lose weight i wanna eat whatever and run away

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    cortney876 wrote: »
    My husband says he like all natural me just need to lose some weight. But what attracts guys are not natural. My family my mom and sister wheres the eye shadows lips stuff and im looking like the dull one sitting next to them and I have locs and u come with the these hairstyles that processed hair cant really do with. Just really put your self in a position like forget trying to lose weight i wanna eat whatever and run away

You may need professional help
  • cortney876
    cortney876 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Uh ok
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're saying, and I'm feeling the same way these days. I look at these very average looking guys, and I think "I could date a guy like that. I'm not looking for a model! I'm a reasonably okay looking girl, I should be able to date guys like that." And then I meet their magazine cover wives, and I'm like, oh. Even if I lose all the weight, I'm just never going to look like that. I can't get my make-up to do that. It's discouraging.
  • Purple1105
    Purple1105 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi Cortney.... It's tough when you compare yourself to others all the time. Your self worth can't just be about what you look like. You are special just because you are YOU. You are better at you than anyone else! Start with a gratitude journal. Task yourself with coming up with 2 things that you are grateful. Weight loss is tough enough when you are doing it for yourself. Just work on being the best you that you can be!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

I'm not sure I understand. Why do you care what attracts men other than your husband? It sounds like he likes your natural look. If you want to learn how to wear makeup, go for it, but it's not a necessity. My sister is big into the full face and I just wear lip gloss. Not a big deal. Different women do things differently.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel insecure when I think about how I compare to other women. I don't wear a lot of makeup either, nor do I dye or even really style my hair (I like it very long, and generally wear it down). Some days it's very hard to feel pretty when all I "see" (or rather notice) are beautiful modelesque women, or women in magazines. Sometimes I think "how on earth is my boyfriend even attracted to me, look at all these other women!" But then after I've put our precious children to bed, and he comes to lay his head on my lap because no one else makes him feel as good as I do... I stop comparing. My worth is not just whether I'm pretty compared to other women.

You are not just your body, not just your looks. Keep on your weight loss journey. Not necessarily to entice your husband, but for your own health and satisfaction. If your husband loves you, it's not only about your looks. :) Take heart.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the guy, but I'm with jemhh on the whole "why are you looking to attract guys other than your husband?"

Personally, I'm in the "natural look" pool, and view any sort of modifications (other than tattoos/piercings) including makeup severely detract from how attractive a woman is to me. Any sort of plastic surgery is an absolute, deal-breaking turn-off.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Your post is hard to understand. Your husband finds you attractive without makeup but you think he is lying? Your husband has ordered you not to wear makeup and lose weight? You want to attract men other than your husband? You would like to wear makeup or have a neat hairstyle because other women you know look that way and you feel uncomfortable being the only one who doesn't? Your husband is flirting with your mom or sister? You feel bad about your appearance so you want to eat all the things?

Overeating isn't going to fix your emotional problems or self esteem.
    You can wear makeup or try a different hairstyle or different clothes on occasion if you really want to. You will still be you.
    Losing weight and exercising could make you feel healthier, stronger and more energetic. Your clothes might fit better. You might feel more confident. If you are only doing it to make someone like you better then it probably won't be positive.

Most days I do not wear any make-up. Sometimes I do wear make-up though. It doesn't really have to do with my weight.
    I feel good wearing brighter colored clothes that fit.
  • cortney876
    Options
    Im not trying to impress other guys. For those that open up there minds to try to see what im talking thank u hit the nail on the head and for those who had smart remarks you need to go else where we weightloss challenge people didn't download this app to be put down like most of the world.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Im not trying to impress other guys. For those that open up there minds to try to see what im talking thank u hit the nail on the head and for those who had smart remarks you need to go else where we weightloss challenge people didn't download this app to be put down like most of the world.

This is the "General Diet and Weight loss Help" section. :|

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    None of your posts make sense.

Is English your first language? This is not a "smart remark", I'm honestly curious, because you don't seem to have a firm grasp on spelling, grammar or punctuation. It it is making your posts very difficult to understand.
  • cortney876
    Options
    I think its more so me not feeling confident and my mom and sister do feel confident or at least they can hide it better than i can. And since this is my situation they have no reason to look or feel down about whats going on with them. So i was saying he likes the whole natural thing but it seems he more attracted to there confidence and thats what i had 3 years ago and got to comfortable had 2 c sections and im obese according to the scale but im portion all over like if my stomach was gone we will be fine. Its just hard being all natural. When around people that dont get it and when people dont get something they tend to do or say something just because. Like u dont look like me so u gota be in the wrong here. Thats all i was saying . Yes i do probably need to talk to someone. Thats why i got this app and that's why i started venting to this world on here with people that understood what i was struggling everyday at least i thought people could relate mayb i was wrong instead of paying someone to have me talk and have me do what i suggested and say it was there idea.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Errm..
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    PgPmj.gif
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    There may be some people who can relate but this particular forum isn't the right place for your post. Try the Motivation and Support forum. This is general diet & weight loss help.
  • cortney876
    Options
    When you have your moments which is pretty often when u are trying to lose weight i will like to hear feedback or job well done from my husband but im still figuring out guys are just not program that way to notice things all the time and im trying to fix myself not to care and to keep up the work im doing to improve my self. dont get me he very supportive but i need another outlet to talk about this to
  • emoonting
    emoonting Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cortney875, looks are just one small part of who you are, and even people we think are 'beautiful' will have someone they think looks better than them. Maybe try and think about positive things to who you are, ones you can control more than looks, for instance maybe you are kind, or funny, or smart. I hope you feel better soon and maybe find someone to speak to.
  • Sotanax
    Sotanax Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What honestly attracts a guy is how he perceives the woman he is looking at cares for herself and those around her.