The Zumba Crew w/o 6-14

Options
13»

Replies

• SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    I've found that when I first started attending the classes, I didn't burn as many calories as I do now, simply because I didn't know the steps as well. I spent more time confused than actually doing the steps. :embarassed: I'm still not all the way there, but getting bettter. Don't give up. Just get out there, shake your thang and have fun! My goal during the first 2 classes was to make sure I was facing the same direction as everybody and that my arms were in the air when theirs were.. I didn't focus on the steps, half the time I was just marching in place but trying to do everything else! Good luck!!! :heart:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Question. I took my first class last Saturday and was SO LOST. There wasn't any instruction, everyone seemed to know what they were doing except me. I know it takes time to learn the moves, but man! I felt like a tool in there. I'm trying it again with a different instructor tomorrow night hoping for better results. Is this normal??

There is a pretty small vocabulary of steps once you get going, don't worry. Also, most instructors have a small set selection of songs they do, so their regulars will not only know the core steps, but the choreography as well.

You'll be a pro in no time. In the meantime, just keep moving and shake what your mami gave you.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Time for a new thread. Come on over and join me at The Zumba Crew w/o 6-21, I want to tell yall about class tonight!