why aren't I loosing?!?

Options
I have not lost a pound in 2 weeks, but I have gained one!!
5'8" ~ office job ~ bootcamp 2 times per week for 1 hour ~ walk 1-2 miles 2 times per day, hills included ~ want to loose 20 - 30 ~ Yes, I use a food scale ~ HELP! I am far from any sort of expert and just don't understand what is going on :neutral:

Replies

• ACyclingAdmin
    ACyclingAdmin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Knock off another 100-200 calories from whatever you're using to estimate your totals / macros. As you lose weight, your calorie needs are reduced from what they were. Are you adjusting as you lose?
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just use this site to calculate my calories ~ the calories adjusted themselves when I did have a loss ~ and I don't eat all my exercise calories..... Right now I am set at 1400, you think I should drop to 1200 - 1300?
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing your food, from the looks of your diary. As you lose, accuracy becomes more important because your deficit is smaller. I know you say you are weighing but...

0.25 cup banana?
    0.5 scoop protein powder
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 flatbread pocket
    0.5 cup strawberries
    0.25 cup blueberries
    6 tomatoes
    2 olives
    1 tbsp dressing
    1/2 cup frozen yoghurt
    1/8 loaf bread

All items from today alone that were not logged by weight.
  • tnewflash
    tnewflash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would introduce more exercise, and look at your macros, some people can not lose weight with high carbohydrates. Additionally, I would increase your deficit as well and see if that works!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    5'8" ~ office job ~ bootcamp 2 times per week for 1 hour ~ walk 1-2 miles 2 times per day, hills included ~ want to loose 20 - 30 ~ Yes, I use a food scale ~ HELP! I am far from any sort of expert and just don't understand what is going on :neutral:

I don't know where to start. Two weeks? Really?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't reflecting that you weigh much. Nearly all of your fruits and vegetables are listed as cups, and all the meats are coming out to 4-6 ounces even. Start weighing everything, as you're likely eating more than you think. But also remember that 2 weeks without a loss isn't enough to worry about. Weight loss isn't linear, especially as a female of age.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You're not weighing your food, from the looks of your diary. As you lose, accuracy becomes more important because your deficit is smaller. I know you say you are weighing but...

0.25 cup banana?
    0.5 scoop protein powder
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 flatbread pocket
    0.5 cup strawberries
    0.25 cup blueberries
    6 tomatoes
    2 olives
    1 tbsp dressing
    1/2 cup frozen yoghurt
    1/8 loaf bread

That^^^^

Also, 2 weeks is not enough time to go and start changing something.

Are you the dog or the person?
  • malibu927
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

0.25 cup banana?
    0.5 scoop protein powder
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 flatbread pocket
    0.5 cup strawberries
    0.25 cup blueberries
    6 tomatoes
    2 olives
    1 tbsp dressing
    1/2 cup frozen yoghurt
    1/8 loaf bread

That^^^^

If Leo's typing for him, I'm amazed
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

0.25 cup banana?
    0.5 scoop protein powder
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin
    1/2 flatbread pocket
    0.5 cup strawberries
    0.25 cup blueberries
    6 tomatoes
    2 olives
    1 tbsp dressing
    1/2 cup frozen yoghurt
    1/8 loaf bread

That^^^^

Is Leo the dog or the person?
  • ACyclingAdmin
    ACyclingAdmin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    As other folks have said, weigh stuff more :) Keep a small scale in the kitchen and put it somewhere you'll use it. If you check my diary for today you'll see I weighed just about everything, I measure my cup of milk with cereal and even the 2 tbsp of almond butter I spread on my toast for a snack.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/thecyclingadmin
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Logging inaccuracy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    edited May 2015
    Options

I wouldn't be, Leo's da man!
  • dargytaylor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So maybe "WEIGH" was the wrong word ~ weigh and measure is more accurate, or as in the olives, I had 2 ~ the calories are right on the back on the bottle and they were spot on with the MFP calculator ~ I realize that 2 weeks isn't that long, but I have been at it since April 15 (joined bootcamp) and have only lost 3 pounds~ can't remember exactly when I started logging, but anyways
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    So maybe "WEIGH" was the wrong word ~ weigh and measure is more accurate, or as in the olives, I had 2 ~ the calories are right on the back on the bottle and they were spot on with the MFP calculator ~ I realize that 2 weeks isn't that long, but I have been at it since April 15 (joined bootcamp) and have only lost 3 pounds~ can't remember exactly when I started logging, but anyways

Get a food scale. You have so many things in cups and only liquids should be in cups. It makes a HUGE difference.
  • dargytaylor
    Options

Your diary isn't reflecting that you weigh much. Nearly all of your fruits and vegetables are listed as cups, and all the meats are coming out to 4-6 ounces even. Start weighing everything, as you're likely eating more than you think. But also remember that 2 weeks without a loss isn't enough to worry about. Weight loss isn't linear, especially as a female of age.

I do weigh my meats, including the chicken salad that I have for lunch (which I made, so I logged all of the ingredients into the recipe builder)...... and I really try to be as accurate as possible, as in right to the oz

• dargytaylor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Get a food scale. You have so many things in cups and only liquids should be in cups. It makes a HUGE difference.

I will start weighing everything that I measure ~ but for the eggs, olives, etc~ 2 eggs is 2 eggs ~ plus I make sure that the calories that are listed on the package, etc are the same as MFP ~ or should I be weighing items like this also??

• malibu927
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I will start weighing everything that I measure ~ but for the eggs, olives, etc~ 2 eggs is 2 eggs ~ plus I make sure that the calories that are listed on the package, etc are the same as MFP ~ or should I be weighing items like this also??

Two eggs for me can weigh 10-12 grams more than they should (a large egg averages around 50 grams). Even the pita bread you use can weigh more than the label says.
  • dargytaylor
    Options

I don't know where to start. Two weeks? Really?

not worded right ~ I started exercising on 4/15, logging shortly after (at least 4 weeks I believe) and I have lost 3 pounds, but stalled for the last 2 weeks