"Weight loss help", yes I thought these boards were to help people....

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    GraceCamD wrote: »
    Where exactly are the moderators on these boards? I have been on this website and on these forums for almost a year now and you can clearly tell that half the posts are fake posts (because they are so ridiculous you can tell they are made up) done by fake profiles...Something should be done about this....they are not hard to spot, I was just on an eating disorder board and spotted two right of the bat, one girl claimed to have every disorder known in the world and said she had 1224 pictures of herself on her profile, another girls profile picture was clearly not the same person as her other pictures, and what she said was ridiculous also....what is this? I thought this board was to help people...Are these peoples lives so boring they have to come on a weight loss board and try to make sport of people to make their life less boring? what the hay......

are you sure you posted this on the right forums?

1. MFP only allows for 18 profile pics
    2. MFP has no disorder board
    3. Moderators are all over the place here

And go be fair, this is a busy forum. Between the amount of posts per day and the people flagging posts simply because they don't agree with them or don't like what they said (which requires a mod to review), I doubt the mods have time to start scrutinizing every account/post to decide if they are real or not.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    10461.gif

Well, you woke me up, whaddya need?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Half of you are fake, own up.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I am so confused, it sounds like you are talking about a different site, MFP isn't like that at all...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    10461.gif

No, no, it was the lemon water that woke you up.

Oh wait, wrong thread... B)
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that half the profiles are fake. If ignorance, stupidity and lastly profile pics that aren't actually the person (Why yes I am a ferret that has learned to use the internet) constitute a fake profile than it would be closer to 90-95% of users considering the amount of derp on here.

As mentioned if you find something to be disturbing such as promoting EDs use the report function or contact the mods directly as that is also in the flagging feature.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There are several pro-ana groups lurking around. There are also a couple of recovery groups but they're not nearly as active. Nature of the beast. This is a dream tool for an ana and very easily abused.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that half the profiles are fake. If ignorance, stupidity and lastly profile pics that aren't actually the person (Why yes I am a ferret that has learned to use the internet) constitute a fake profile than it would be closer to 90-95% of users considering the amount of derp on here.

And a horse's hiney doesn't even have fingers...

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MoXPxA5LM

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    10461.gif

If you could just prevent people from posting anything ridiculous, that would be great.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7MoXPxA5LM

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Go get em'
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I just want to smoke whatever the OP got.
    Fake profiles, ED boards, profiles with 1224 pictures, absent mods ....

IS THIS REAL LIFE?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another Non-Friday Mean People thread. I was a little disappointed until I started reading the actual OP. lol
    ihad wrote: »
    10461.gif

If you could just prevent people from posting anything ridiculous, that would be great.

Yeah, be a little more psychic, will you?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be another Non-Friday Mean People thread. I was a little disappointed until I started reading the actual OP. lol
    10461.gif

6334005_std.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    10461.gif

6334005_std.jpg

giphy.gif
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    What!! Fake people on the internet??? No!!!!
    hqdefault.jpg[img][/img]
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Maybe MFP needs to hire these guys to mod the forums.

tumblr_mr8p2p2BR11qk1t5to1_400-1.gif
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    GraceCamD wrote: »
    Where exactly are the moderators on these boards? I have been on this website and on these forums for almost a year now and you can clearly tell that half the posts are fake posts (because they are so ridiculous you can tell they are made up) done by fake profiles...Something should be done about this....they are not hard to spot, I was just on an eating disorder board and spotted two right of the bat, one girl claimed to have every disorder known in the world and said she had 1224 pictures of herself on her profile, another girls profile picture was clearly not the same person as her other pictures, and what she said was ridiculous also....what is this? I thought this board was to help people...Are these peoples lives so boring they have to come on a weight loss board and try to make sport of people to make their life less boring? what the hay......

Please report posts or users that concern you to a moderator or to MFP Staff. For details on flagging content and reporting abuse, please see here.

This discussion has been closed.