No carb b'fast options?

Options
124»

Replies

• endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Turn breakfast into just another meal in the day and you will have many options. Leftovers for breakfast (assuming you limit carbs at other meals) = easy and yum.

I was a bit eh? when you mentioned egg whites as your only no carb breakfast idea, because if you cut out fat AND carbs you are pretty much looking at pure protein, in which case slabs of any meat that meet your requirements would work. If you add in fats, you have more options for meats and cheese. If you really mean zero carbs, that also limits your options quite a bit, since even induction on Atkins includes 3+ cups of veggies per day and is not zero carb. A lot of the suggestions I have seen on this thread have been high fat and low carb but not zero carb, so if you could clarify what exactly you mean that might help people give more relevant suggestions.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs.

next question.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    forget it, i just read the quotes within quotes above and realized I don't understand the request.

I did a low carb diet in the past where whenever you ate protein and fat you could not eat carbs at the same time, so I thought I knew how to answer this but these rules I don't get, so sorry.
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Mini-quiches with vegetables baked in muffin tins!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Mini-quiches with vegetables baked in muffin tins!!

Are you aware veggies and eggs have carbs? Hardly carbless
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I do an omelette with egg whites, some mozzarella, and spinach.

I also made these over the weekend. I'll take 2 every morning to work and just microwave them.

Mushroom Spinach Egg Cups

8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms
    9-10 oz package baby spinach leaves
    4 eggs
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Salt and pepper to taste

Toss the mushrooms and olive oil into a pan. Add a bit of water if needed to cook them until tender. Remove from pan.
    Toss the spinach leaves into the same pan used for mushrooms. Add 1/4 cup water and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Squeeze out excess water and chop finely. In a mixing bowl, scramble the four eggs. Add the mushrooms, spinach, cheese and salt and pepper. ( I used 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper but use whatever is good for you. Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and portion out into 12 equal servings. Bake in oven on 375 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let sit for 3-4 minutes before removing from pan...they come out easier that way.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACON. :laugh:

mmmm bacon