fast metabolism diet

Options

Replies

• cbowman1114
    cbowman1114 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like I've said i know what I need to do. I have been eating 1600 calories a day for almost 4 weeks now(eating clean), drinking a gallon of water a day, and working out 5 days a week, and BOOM! I haven't even lost a pound. It's very discouraging. I'm doing all the same things I did before I had my son and was very successful in my weight loss, and now it's just not coming off.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    The sales pitch:
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!

Sigh.

I was not aware that metabolisms had their own though process and that you can "keep them guessing"....

Mine gets confused when I feed it cauliflower. Then it gets sad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I am a believer in anything can work. I've counted calories, done carb cycling, IIFYM, weight watchers, and have lost weight by all of that. I wasn't aware the FMD, was that low in calories, so in that case I won't try it, was just curious if anyone had done it, and wanted to know more about it, don't need rude comments. Thanks

Any "diet" that puts you into an energy deficit works...that's how weight loss works...energy deficiency. All diets "work" on that very premise...but in order for you to open up your wallet, they have to sell it and market it as the latest and greatest...but all diets work because they put you into a deficiency of energy whether you are counting and realize it or not.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Like I've said i know what I need to do. I have been eating 1600 calories a day for almost 4 weeks now(eating clean), drinking a gallon of water a day, and working out 5 days a week, and BOOM! I haven't even lost a pound. It's very discouraging. I'm doing all the same things I did before I had my son and was very successful in my weight loss, and now it's just not coming off.

You don't need to "eat clean" to lose weight. If you aren't losing, you aren't in a deficit. Either your food logging isn't accurate (not weighing, or inaccurate database entries), or exercise calories are being overestimated. Additionally, eating closer to maintenance when you should be eating less is another culprit.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Eating clean has nothing to do with it, being at a true deficit does. If you are doing everything correctly then you need to be patient and carry on. It sounds like you are eating more and burning less than you think.

If youve lost weight by all the diets youve tried before, then why arent you using those diets again?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I don't see a log here of it...how do you know how much you've been eating? Logging elsewhere? are you weighing your solids? measuring your liquids? where are you getting your calorie counts for what you are eating?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

If you are not losing then you are not in a deficit, you are eating more then you think.

Do you weigh your solid foods??....measure liquids?? If not get a scale!!
  • tootle4
    tootle4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

How do you know you are eating 1600 calories per day? Your diary is empty for the last couple weeks at least.

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I don't see a log here of it...how do you know how much you've been eating? Logging elsewhere? are you weighing your solids? measuring your liquids? where are you getting your calorie counts for what you are eating?

This. since your diary is empty it is going to be difficult for you to evaluate how much you are eating. Good luck.

As for the book review - metabolism confusion is nonesense.
  • 3bambi3
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

This. How are you accounting for your food? Are you eating back all of your exercise calories?
  • Serah87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    tootle4 wrote: »

How do you know you are eating 1600 calories per day? Your diary is empty for the last couple weeks at least.

BINGO!!! OP there is your problem!!
  • cbowman1114
    Options
    I log on here sometimes but I also have a journal I use. I'm just trying to eat healthier I guess I should've said. When I lost the 60 pounds before my son, I ate alot of tv dinners and 100 calorie packs. I still lost the weight, but I want to take a more healthy approach, that's all. And I'm not estimating how much I burn at the gym, so I'm not unestimating anything. I eat 1600 calories and that's it. I don't ever eat back what I thought I burned at the gym
  • Silverstar721
    Silverstar721 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have noticed, as with any diet out there that weightloss doesn't happen right away. I believe the exercise that is done is at first "building muscle" and then the new muscle will begin to burn more calories. I read a book about a woman body-builder who won several trophies, built her body up and wears a size 10 but she did not lose but 5 pounds of weight from the onset. Her waist is very small but her chest and thigh muscles are extremely large. We have to have a lot of patience and I really like this diet the best. My digestion and everything has improved. I sleep better, etc.
  • gtichman
    gtichman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cbowman1114, I have read (3) of Haylie Pomroy's books, and bought one, the "Fast Metabolism Cookbook". Amazon has generally favorable reviews of the receipes, and many readers found the diet helpful, although I would tend to think they were far more sedentary than you, because she really advocates very light exercise. The books are heavy on promoting Haylie Pomroy, and her products. I did try one product, her vegan pea protein powder, and I have to say, it was really good, although way overpriced. I now have switched to mostly plant-based protein powders, because of this product (it's very digestible--I have lactose intolerance, although whey doesn't bother me that much). I didn't end up following her diet because there is so much cooking!! (same problem with Paleo). Even though I'm retired and I have time, I don't like spending hours and hours cooking and chopping. Her "burn" book is probably the worst of the three, I wouldn't recommend it. I would suggest looking at it in the library or in a bookstore before you buy it. Not only are there many, many food exclusions, but if you're addicted to caffeine, you have to give that up too, and for many readers that was the worst part. I just couldn't wrap my brain around so little exercise. I have lost 34 pounds using MFP and an UP wristband together, and am almost at target weight, but struggling with the last few pounds. The Haylie Pomroy book especially targets women with hormone problems: adrenal fatigue, insulin resistance, high cortisol, etc. I think the low exercise thing is supposed to help with Leptin Resistance (google it).
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Your diary has been empty for over a week, and spotty at best before that. You're almost certainly eating more than you think you are. You need to weigh and log everything accurately. And did you use MFP to get your calorie goal? Are you adjusting your intake for the exercise you've started? (Also, any new exercise program can result in water retention for up to a few weeks and that can mask actual weight loss.)

(And "clean eating" is irrelevant for weight loss - nutritional values are another discussion. It's calories in v. calories out for losing weight.)

• cbowman1114
    Options
    I DO NOT EAT BACK ANY EXERCISE CALORIES BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY I BURNED. I strictly eat 1600 calories and that's it. I like to write stuff down more than putting it on here. That's it. I know exactly what I eat, and how much. There's no over eating or eating back any other calories.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    The sales pitch:
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!

Sigh.

They all use the exact same words, just slightly rearranged.
  • Serah87
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I DO NOT EAT BACK ANY EXERCISE CALORIES BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY I BURNED. I strictly eat 1600 calories and that's it. I like to write stuff down more than putting it on here. That's it. I know exactly what I eat, and how much. There's no over eating or eating back any other calories.

Well good luck with that!!! ;)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

capslock.jpg

• 3bambi3
    Options

Do you weigh and measure or just go by the serving size on the food label?