fast metabolism diet

Options
Has anyone ever heard of the fast metabolism diet by Haylie Pomroy? A couple people I follow on IG have done it, and got really good results, and was thinking about trying it...

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I have not.

That said...I tend to be very wary of anything called "The ____________ Diet", especially if it comes in the form of a book you have to purchase.

"Eat less calories than you burn" doesn't have a particularly catchy title, but it works.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Fad diet.

You only need a calorie deficit to lose weight. No diet will give you a "fast metabolism". It all comes down to the calorie deficit and making sustainable changes.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no such thing as a fast metabolism diet.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The sales pitch:
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!

Sigh.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's a very low calorie diet, which are not recommended on this site. In phase 1, you eat 800 calories a day, in phase 2, 700 calories a day, and phase 3 1,200 calories a day.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Any 'diet' that purposely avoids foods, I stay away from.

This one is:
    No wheat, corn, dairy, soy, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, dried fruit or fruit juices, artificial sweeteners, fat-free “diet” foods.

Sorry, I love dairy way too much to give up.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of the fast metabolism diet by Haylie Pomroy? A couple people I follow on IG have done it, and got really good results, and was thinking about trying it...

You really think a diet is oing to increase your metabolism? Based on what evileen says above then eating less daily calories than you need for minimum nutrition and not being under medical supervusion would have it down as a fad looking for the gullible to give it a go. Go and try it if you believe in it. Come back here with the results.
  • cbowman1114
    cbowman1114 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am a believer in anything can work. I've counted calories, done carb cycling, IIFYM, weight watchers, and have lost weight by all of that. I wasn't aware the FMD, was that low in calories, so in that case I won't try it, was just curious if anyone had done it, and wanted to know more about it, don't need rude comments. Thanks
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am a believer in anything can work. I've counted calories, done carb cycling, IIFYM, weight watchers, and have lost weight by all of that. I wasn't aware the FMD, was that low in calories, so in that case I won't try it, was just curious if anyone had done it, and wanted to know more about it, don't need rude comments. Thanks

Why not pick one thing that works for you and stick with it?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    The sales pitch:
    Haylie Pomroy has helped countless clients lose up to 20 pounds in just 4 weeks –all through the fat-burning power of food. Hailed as “the metabolism whisperer,” Haylie reminds us that food is not the enemy, it’s the rehab needed to rev-up your sluggish, broken-down metabolism and turn your body into a fat-burning furnace.

On this plan you’re going to eat a lot. You’re going to eat three full meals and at least two snacks a day – and you’re still going to lose weight. What you’re not going to do is count a single calorie or fat gram. You’re going not to ban entire food groups. You’re not going to go carb-free or vegan or go cold turkey on the foods you love. Instead, you’re going to rotate what you’re eating throughout each week according to a simple and proven plan carefully designed to induce precise physiological changes that will set your metabolism on fire.

Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
    Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
    Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils

By keeping your metabolism guessing in this specific and deliberate way, you’ll get it working faster. This isn’t just a theory, it’s the results-based product of Haylie Pomroy’s successful programs. It’s worked for celebrities, for athletes, and for people with chronic illnesses who need to lose weight, doctor’s orders. Now it’s going to work for you.

In 4 weeks not only will you see the weight fall off, you’ll also see your cholesterol drop, your blood sugar stabilize, your energy increase, your sleep improve, and your stress dramatically reduce. All thanks to the miraculous power of real, delicious, satisfying food!

Sigh.

I was not aware that metabolisms had their own though process and that you can "keep them guessing"....
  • ndj1979
    Options

so telling you it is a fad diet and to save your money is being "rude?" you have an odd definition of rude...

What you need to do is put yourself in a calorie deficit and stay there, and you will lose weight. That is it, end of story, period.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    It's a very low calorie diet, which are not recommended on this site. In phase 1, you eat 800 calories a day, in phase 2, 700 calories a day, and phase 3 1,200 calories a day.

That sounds healthy.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

It's Wednesday, right?
  • cbowman1114
    cbowman1114 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm well aware of what I NEED to do. That I don't need help on, I lost 60 pounds on my own before I had my son. I'm just having a harder time trying to loose the weight. All I wanted was reviews on this book. Not someone telling me how to lose weight. These community posts meant to help people and encourage people, or at least I thought
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'm well aware of what I NEED to do. That I don't need help on, I lost 60 pounds on my own before I had my son. I'm just having a harder time trying to loose the weight. All I wanted was reviews on this book. Not someone telling me how to lose weight. These community posts meant to help people and encourage people, or at least I thought

you were helped...are you buying the book now? nope...mission completed.

you were encouraged...not to buy the book and put your health in danger...mission completed.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

You asked if people have heard of it. People gave you their opinions. Just because the posts are not agreeing with this diet being a good idea does not mean we are not encouraging you. In fact, you've gotten tons of great advice on how to approach this without gimmicks or books. If you've done it on your own, you don't need to do this fad diet.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

So if youve lost weight by all of them you seem to have the problem you cnat lose it and keep it off. the fact you believe anything can work, contast sharply with the advice here of losing weight in a sustainable way by being at a consistent calorific deficit says it all. If you wnat advice on fad diets you arent going to get it here and google is more likely to cater to your needs.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    OP, I have heard of this diet and know several people who have done it and lost weight. I actually looked into it and logged what I would typically eat under her plan and was able to get a decent amount of calories by eating what a large man should eat vs a woman (so that tells you something). Plus I have certain classes I like to take that are on different days than her suggested workout/eating plan so definitely not for me.

As a jump start it's O.K. but certainly not sustainable long term. And I think her stance on peanuts is just plain weird and I'm never giving up peanut butter!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    How about the old fashion way, eating at a reasonable deficit and move more, BOOM!!! WEIGHT LOSS!!! There are no magical foods, pills, fairy dust, etc. that will make your metabolism speed up!!! Slow and steady healthy weight loss is the way to go. ;)