Strong Curves Program

Options
s_hossein
s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
for everyone who is on the SC program :)

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am starting it next week!!
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find this program a tad unrealistic in a gym environment- super setting squat and bench press- I would get daggers in my gym if I tried to use all that stuff in one go.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Here!! Doing that and Simply Shredded
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 12. I do it at home. I have to get creative with back extensions since I don't have that equipment.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What do you do for back extensions? I just do superman...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    HugeBum wrote: »
    Does anyone else find this program a tad unrealistic in a gym environment- super setting squat and bench press- I would get daggers in my gym if I tried to use all that stuff in one go.

I did it at home. I can see how it would be hard in the gym. You would either have to not superset or I guess you could bench in the squat rack, which would give people something to complain about.
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book....but haven't read it yet....so, ummmm, following the thread I guess? LOL
  • s_hossein
    Options
    Any progress?
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    What do you do for back extensions? I just do superman...

good mornings
  • s_hossein
    Options
    I skip some of the workouts that I can't do at home..
    Is that bad? I do squats instead
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    I skip some of the workouts that I can't do at home..
    Is that bad? I do squats instead

What ones can't you do at home?

It's not bad persay.
    You are potentially cheating yourself of amazingness tho.
    It's possible to find a substitution for them though
  • jemhh
    Options
    There are so many substitutions. Have you looked through them to figure out how to make them work? What are the workouts that you can't do at home?
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am doing it. Even though I have lifted for years, I am doing the beginner program. Its a little basic for me, but just the amount of butt and hammy exercises that are going on daily, I think basic is best at this point. Just to get used to propper technique. have done for 4 weeks now, maybe 3 and I am seeing great progress in my butt. :)
  • Momma_Raucks
    Momma_Raucks Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Waiting for the Supersets to start when the gym is less busy, I would probably get shanked for using all that stuff as busy as it is right now. I hear ya.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options

I find I can super set some stuff and others I can't. If I have hip thrusts and one arm rows, I can superset that because I'll be taking up a bench regardless. If there are multiple empty benches I don't feel bad about running over to seated row machine since I go very early in the morning. Definitely can't super set squats and benches. It really doesn't make a big difference. I did the beginner program, advanced program, and now I'm running through the advanced program again with some modifications. Most of it wasn't supersetted.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I did the Gorgeous Glutes (lower body) program at home. I had to make some substitutions but I made it work. Great results so far. Now I am running a bodybuilding split program from his website.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    Cable rows
    Bench press
    Chin up
    Straight leg sit ups
    Inverted row
    These are the workouts I cannot do at home
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing this program but am interested in trying it someday. I just add hip thrusts to my program now. Am curious what else from SC I could add while I give this other program a good run before I switch.
  • jemhh
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm not doing this program but am interested in trying it someday. I just add hip thrusts to my program now. Am curious what else from SC I could add while I give this other program a good run before I switch.

RDLs, glute bridges (barbell, elevated, and single leg varieties), and band work like seated and lying abductions. Mostly higher reps (check the templates by googling "strong curves pdf".)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    Cable rows
    Bench press
    Chin up
    Straight leg sit ups
    Inverted row
    These are the workouts I cannot do at home

Dumbbells rows
    floor press