C25K week 2 comments and questions

Options

Replies

• WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow this is so inspirational. I'm 236 and wanted to start the c25k but was afraid of being to heavy. I will try it thx!

I started doing it only slightly lighter than you (225). Not gonna lie, first couple of weeks I felt like I was gonna die and took what seems like FOREVER to recover....now, it feels AMAZING how far Ive come! You (and EVERYONE) has got this! I completed it and was up to running 5ks every other morning before work, but I got out of the habit and started over at W6D1. Feels great to have that high back again!

Edited to add: I was NOT a runner...thought had never even crossed my mind that I would LOVE running for fitness vs running for food/beer/for my life.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I ran 90 seconds!! it was hard but I did it!
    Thanks everyone!
    :heart:

Good for you!!!

I had the same thoughts when I first started Week 2. Tomorrow will be W2D3 for me. I am still surprised I can go for a whole 90 seconds! I look down at the timer and just think... 40 more seconds, 30 more seconds, I can do this.... And next thing I know, it says to start walking! Yay!

I'm nervous for week 3 though... I will have to jog for 90 seconds, walk for 90 seconds, and then jog for 3 whole minutes!!! I'm a little terrified of that.......
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started around 235lbs so do not let you weight hinder you. At the beginning I thought for sure I would not be able to complete the next session and I was always able to. Yes, I thought I might die :) but I did it and each time I was successful built my confidence for the next time. Give yourself the benefit of the doubt. You just may surprise yourself as I did. Being a non-runner becoming a runner is an amazing feeling. Oh and run as slow as you can!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I had to see if you did it and you did! Remember that running any distance is as much a head game as it is your body. Don't let your brain talk you out of what your body can do. You will be amazed! Keep it up and keep posting.
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I knew you could do it! Never underestimate your own strength and determination! I am right there with you. I start Week 3 next week. Yikes!!
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    some very good info!
    Thanks everyone, your support means the world.
  • betsij
    Options
    Still hanging in here, tomorrow will be week day 3!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Nice job...keep going...you will be sooooo glad you did :bigsmile:
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in here, tomorrow will be week day 3!

Good for you! That's great.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You won't regret it when you are at the end of the program and shocked that you made it so far!!!
  • betsij
    Options
    I made it through week2!!!!!
    Dont laugh but....I looked ahead, run for 3 minutes!!!???!!
    We shall see.
    :frown: :huh: :grumble: :sick:

:wink:
  • betsij
    Options
    one more

:noway:
  • alglenn2013
    Options
    Don't worry about next week! I am on Week 3 now. I was so nervous on Day 1, but I did it and you will too! When the little voice announced the end of my 3 minutes I cheered and jumped up and down! Good thing I am in the country and there wasn't anyone to see me besides the corn and soy fields!
  • betsij
    Options
    week 3 day 1
    I did it!!
    I can jog 3 minutes!!! shut up!
    Go me!
    :laugh:
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done you. I finished C25K last October and run 5K three times a week. I love running and good running shoes and a sports bra have been a great support literally. I'm running Race for Life next Sunday and am looking forward to challenging myself in all those people.
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!! I am currently on week 8 and I think the hardest was moving between week 2 and week 3, and then W5D3. I first started back in January and did week 1 and then week 2 twice and then I gave up. I restarted in May and haven't looked back. You can totally do this. I find focusing on my breathing and slowing my pace helped me get through those longer ones. Good luck, you have this ;)
  • alglenn2013
    Options
    Great job!!! You got this! What is it about the 3 minute mark that feels so good?!?!

Week 4 is kicking my a** right now, but I WILL DO THIS!!!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You got this! What is it about the 3 minute mark that feels so good?!?!

Heck yeah! Great attitude! I have week 5 day 3 I am getting nervous about on Friday. I'm doing a distance one instead of a timed one so i go from doing 3 half mile runs to a 2 mile run, but everyone's positive energy on here is really boosting up my own.
  • betsij
    Options

Heck yeah! Great attitude! I have week 5 day 3 I am getting nervous about on Friday. I'm doing a distance one instead of a timed one so i go from doing 3 half mile runs to a 2 mile run, but everyone's positive energy on here is really boosting up my own.

wow!! Thats great! Let us know how it goes, I wish it was morning so I can try it again! so pumped right now!
    the 3 minute mark feels amazing!!
  • betsij
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!! I am currently on week 8 and I think the hardest was moving between week 2 and week 3, and then W5D3. I first started back in January and did week 1 and then week 2 twice and then I gave up. I restarted in May and haven't looked back. You can totally do this. I find focusing on my breathing and slowing my pace helped me get through those longer ones. Good luck, you have this ;)

Week 8! nice!