2 yrs of MFP - 130+ lost, 9 months maintaining (with pics)

Options

Replies

• queenwildcat
    Options
    Thank you. Reading your account of your journey is eerie because it sounds almost exactly like mine. When I started logging into MFP in January, I weighed 308 pounds. I had been heavy since I was seven years old. Yes, I had tried dieting before, but it never stuck. MFP is different because I now carefully consider every bit of food that I put into my mouth. Is it worth the extra time on the treadmill?

I am still waiting on my magic. 150 days later, I weigh 249.2 pounds. I am down to two shirt sizes, and my pants literally hang off of my hips. My next goal? to reach that ever-elusive "Onederland." I don't remember when I was less than 200 pounds, but I will. It will just take time.

I have hit a bit of a lull in the weight loss lately, but reading your story made me realize that magic can indeed happen. I needed that reminder so I thank you again for posting.
  • TheycallmeHotDonna
    TheycallmeHotDonna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration for all. congratulations!!
  • FineFitFatty
    Options
    I rarely comment on these, but you look absolutely (!!!!!) amazing! such great work, and I love your story. hopefully your career involves writing, because you're not bad. ;)
  • scubar17
    scubar17 Posts: 43
    Options
    WOW!!! You ROCK!!! Congrats on your accomplishment and much continued success.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow!! And i can understand the double-take for your drivers license. YOU LOOKED YOUNGER!!

Thanks for posting. Amazing. Absolutely amazing!
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Amazing Journey and so inspiring! Thank you for posting.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This totally just renewed my hope. Seriously. You were so brutally honest that it brought me to tears. THANK you. And congratulations on all your hard work and dedication. :flowerforyou:
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Your story is a great inpiration and motivational read.
    Congratulations!!
  • rhysbrett
    rhysbrett Posts: 4
    Options
    Great story.
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    Amazing!
  • bttrthanevr
    bttrthanevr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I need to not lose this thread...I need to read it regularly.
    You are amazing and inspirational! Thanks for sharing this!!!
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Well ... color my inspired !!!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Well done!
  • 2720cynthia
    2720cynthia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wowowow!! I wonder if I could run again too?
  • 74honeybadger
    Options
    One word. WOW!
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I too have shed a large amount of weight and have also become an "athlete" as a result. Your story is an inspiration to everyone on this site. I wish you all the best for the future.
  • catholiccoug
    catholiccoug Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story. I feel like my journey is starting somewhat like yours did and I hope it will end similarly! :)
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    absolutely amazing!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    One of the best, most honest, inspiring, well-written success stories I've read to date! HUGE congrats on your amazing transformation! Thank you for sharing your story and pics with all of us!
  • ruthiejewell
    ruthiejewell Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, inspirational story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!