I lost my baby...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. I know your pain. I had a miscarriage at an early age and I wasn't sure if I would be able to get pregnant again. I was so depressed. Then, I had two children and a tubal pregnancy. After my tubal pregnancy, I was more depressed than ever because they told me I had less than a 17% chance I would ever get pregnant again (they had to remove the tube). I brought myself out of my depression with help from friends, family, and anti-depressants. 4 years later, God blessed me with another child.

So what I am saying, is please do not give up. We are here for you. If the depression gets worse, please reach out to your doctor. If you do not want to do that, there are plenty of support groups. Groups that have women who have dealt with this too.

You will be in my prayers. If you need to talk, message me.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((Hugs))))) I had my beautiful daughter, followed by three miscarriages. They were all between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 months, including a set of twins.

They couldn't find the reason for my losing the babies. It is so hard and I am so happy that your partner is supportive!

When the doctor says it's ok, and you feel ready to try again, I am sending up lots of prayers that you will have a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby!!

Just know that exercising does not cause a miscarriage!! Nothing you did, caused this!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :-( You are in my prayers. I am sorry for your loss.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    My heart is breaking for you. My sister very recently had a still birth at 5 months, so all of that is still very fresh for us all. I know this is difficult for you, but please stay strong. Don't focus on MFP. Focus on you and your health. Hang in there. :heart:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine the emotional pain you are going through. I am so sorry for your loss! Keeping you and your partner in my prayers!!! Let yourself have time to go through the process of grieving. Talk about it if you can, cry if you need, and just take this time to be with yourself and your partner! I am so very sorry; no one should have to go through that.

(hugs and prayers)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I could give you all the technical reasons for why what happened, happened. But you're a nurse. You already know them all. So I won't insult your intelligence or waste your time.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your loss. And know that one good thing has come from all of this. You know you can get pregnant! Which means you'll be pregnant again. My best friend lost two babies before her first live birth (both early on like yours) and I'm pretty sure it was two more before her second live birth. Our generation finds out about pregnancies so much sooner than the one before us. I truly believe that's why our mothers don't report more miscarriages. Back in the day they didn't know they were pregnant until they were REALLY pregnant. And a sudden heavy period was just written off to hormones, unless someone suffered an incomplete miscarriage like you did.

I was there when my dear friend found out that there was no longer a heart beat in the sac at 8 weeks, just five months after having had a previous miscarriage at 10 weeks. And I was there when she had been spotting and went for an ultrasound to confirm what she thought was yet another loss. Instead, they found a little heart beat racing at 140 beats per minute (normal of course for a fetus). That little heartbeat held strong and is now a beautiful little girl who will be two in September.

Give yourself time, and permission, to mourn your loss. But just know, this is very likely only the beginning of your journey to parenthood. You will have a healthy baby, when the time is right. <hugs>