do you count vegetables

Options
2»

Replies

• bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you. Picking some things to log and not others wouldn't work for me at all.

I like logging everything because I get a good idea of how many calories are going into my body each day. If you don't log, you don't really know :)

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course! I'm counting calories - veggies have calories - therefore I log veggies! Also if you're tracking your macros at all you'll want to account for everything you eat.

If I'm going to pretend something doesn't have calories it is going to be chocolate and not veggies!! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course I count veggies ... they don't necessarily have a lot of calories, but for example, the steamed veggies I have for lunch can add up to about 80 cal.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    yes i log everything
    Veggies spices herbs etc.

Not only for the calories but the macro's are also important to me. Veggies and herbs/spices can have a lot potassium :)
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Of course! I'm counting calories - veggies have calories - therefore I log veggies! Also if you're tracking your macros at all you'll want to account for everything you eat.

If I'm going to pretend something doesn't have calories it is going to be chocolate and not veggies!! :)

I'm going to declare pizza my non-loggable food.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You have to count ev.er.y.thing. Even herbs and spices. ( you would be amazed at the calories in a teaspoon of allspice...) Some veggies are higher in calories than others.

Simple concept. If it has calories, weigh it log it ,and as long as it is within your calorie budget, enjoy it.

You are of course going to get to eat a bigger volume of veggies to get the same calories as a small volume of something like cheese or meat.