AVOCADOS~~!!!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Never really liked avocados til about a year ago (as someone above said, it was all about the texture for me). They are tasty and there are some great ideas here!!!
  • vivian1616
    vivian1616 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump for all the yummy recipes
  • andreamontes30
    andreamontes30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....I have a little on my breakfast sandwich daily. I use egg, tomato, avocado, spinach and lemon pepper. Soooo unbelievably simple but delish!
  • wlaura88
    wlaura88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love eating a half of an avocado topped with salsa as a snack.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    avocados are horrible for you and contain a ton of GMO's and harmful chemicals.

[just kidding I love avocados :)]
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I adore avocados, have an unhealthy love of them. I eat at least one a day, I have them every morning in my egg white omelettes and have them in my salads, tuna so I can have it to dip veggies in, have it in salad, sauté it with veggies and leftover meat from dinner over spinach for lunch..... avocados.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know if somebody else posted this, I did not want to wade through all of the responses, but this recipe is AWESOME!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/grilled-salmon-with-sweet-corn-tomato-and-avocado-relish-and-grilled-asparagus-recipe/index.html

oh sweet lord that looks amazing.... guess what we are having next week for dinner around here. My DH is going to LOVE this!
  • josee1965
    josee1965 Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree, I was on a plateau, started adding good fat to my diet, avocado and olive oil and the weight started falling off me again!
    I put it on my wrap instead of mayo or creamy salad dressing.
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I had to come out of lurkdom to show some avocado love. I loooove avocados! They're great on their own, in savory recipes, sweet ones, salty ones...they're just altogether yum. One of my favorite breakfasts is my ABC egg white omelet. I cook egg whites and before they're set I break cooked bacon into it, then top with pepper jack, fold in half and stuff with sliced avocado, a pinch of pink salt, homemade salsa...and a dollop of sour cream on top.

Of course I make guac a lot. I'm in SoCal and grew up eating them all the time. My next door neighbor had a tree. My mom would make my sister and I fresh corn tortillas with very lightly salted avocado rolled up in it. Very simple but very good.

When I was pregnant with my first baby my uncle introduced me to avocado drizzled with honey. I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised. Hey, don't knock it til you try it!

Avos make a good mousse like dessert when tossed into a food processor with cacao powder and a sweetener of your choice.

Last week I stumbled across a recipe for a Shamrock shake. I don't do food dyes so the avocado helped "green" it. I did a little ice, vanilla ice cream, an avocado, some milk, a teeny bit of sugar, peppermint extract and some chocolate chips. I think that was it. It was so flippin good.

I also make a quesadilla for my 2 and 4 year old that they just love . I saute onions, sliced mushrooms and baby spinach together, fill a spelt tortilla with the mixture plus some jack cheese and avocado slices, then cook the quesadilla in butter til golden and crispy on both sides. Serve with salsa. It's so yummy.

A previous poster mentioned something that sounded like ceviche. I used to eat that a lot. I also like to slice it into salads with grilled chicken, homemade spicy ranch, veggies, black beans etc. And as a PP said it makes great creamy dressings and is an excellent mayo sub. I use it in egg salad sandwiches and in chicken salad wraps.

Ahhh...I know what I am having tomorrow morning. An ABC omelet, ohhh yeah. (((avocados)))