Am I the only person who doesn't go to the gym?

Options
i work and have a one year old so my free time is spent with him, I get my exercise from walking, carrying my son around and playing with him, bike rides, etc. I don't think I'd even know how to use most of the gym equipment lol :/ I feel out of place on Mfp at times because I don't know all the lingo!

Replies

• nataliecatalie00
    nataliecatalie00 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I go on walks or do some toning at home on a mat. Works better for me!
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't worry ,you ain't alone :) I don't go to gym,I like doing home workouts.
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    And yes I am still loosing weight :)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I would never lose weight/stay fit if I had to go to a gym. I like no cost, convenience, and speed, not a 15 minute drive to get somewhere first :) I invested in a good stationary bike, walk, do low impact aerobics, and tone at home, and often my kids will join me- win/win.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I dont, just a workout bike and hiit youtube videos or walks
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Garage gym. I cant stand the majority of gym bros.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I do however go to the dojo and the stables. I don't see many martial arts people here but it is nice to see plenty of other horse people.
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    No gym for me either :) you are not alone
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I dont go to the gym (workout at home)
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I avoid the gym like the plague - unless its raining out (rare) in the early mornings when I do my morning runs and walks, or I have absolutely no physical access outside due to necessity (dangerous area, etc).
    Gym lingo (er..dumb bells? I know ellipticals, weights and exercise bikes. That's about it), technical diet (carb thingies and macro thingamabobs) talk go right over my head.
    I do most of my exercise via walking and lots of moving around - I love walking. :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Lots of people don't go to the gym. I have a treadmill, a mini-trampoline, a nice bike, youtube, and a dog. It works for me!
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym! I did sign up for a free 3 week trial over the phone and I didn't even make it down there to sign the papers - the gym is only a 2 minute walk from my house! Personally I just find the environment intimidating. I'm going to stick to walking/jogging outside by myself, I'm enjoying the alone time and being outdoors.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    If it were not for the kid's programs and both my wife and my companies subsidizing our gym memberships we wouldn't be members and would work out at home. She purchased a nice Sole elliptical and I have a set of free weights and bench. We've installed pull-up bars on the kid's playset and putting in a small rock wall this year :smile:
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you go to the gym. What does matter is that you find something that you enjoy and that works for your schedule and life.
  • onedayTHISYEAR
    onedayTHISYEAR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No nor me, would never have the time to find and take child to child care, time to go to the gym, time to change, time to do whatever, time to change back, time to travel to collect child and child to return home .... and then the cost... of gym and childcare and travel costs...
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    switched from a gym to the gym in my living room lol
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am not a member of a gym. I train for a full marathon, I hike, I roller blade, I scuba dive, I walk my dogs for an hour every day, I play badminton with my son and I do body exercises in my home. I got myself some Dumbbells and some elastic bands and I don't see the need to join a gym. I live in a wonderful city, Vancouver, Canada with fresh air, where people do a lot of outdoor sports. I used to be a member of a gym, but frankly don't miss it. Nothing beats for me to be outside.
    Stef.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    i work and have a one year old so my free time is spent with him, I get my exercise from walking, carrying my son around and playing with him, bike rides, etc. I don't think I'd even know how to use most of the gym equipment lol :/ I feel out of place on Mfp at times because I don't know all the lingo!

No gym here. I use workout videos off of you tube, dvd's or walking.
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    I walk and go to dance classes, who needs a gym :)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nope. I work out at home to Youtube videos.