3 day military diet lose 10lbs in 3 days??

Options
13»

Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    wanarun wrote: »
    I actually know a woman who used this diet for 7 months. I saw her at a church meeting only every other Saturday and watched her getting smaller and smaller. I asked her how she was doing it and two weeks later she gave me a printed copy of the diet. It DID work for her and she has kept the weight off for three years now. I wasn't able to stick to it. It's a balanced diet of food. When I put the foods into FP. I don't think there is any harm in trying anything that gets you excited to get going. FP
    I just this article for a three day military diet and its where they lay out a strict diet plan with a list of foods u eat for 3 days and supposedly you lose 10lbs in 3 days I just want to know if anyone has tried it

wait so you mean people can lose weight by starving themselves? crazy
  • Jonestiarra2013
    Jonestiarra2013 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Didn't you say in another thread that you are losing a pound a day on average? Why are you looking for a silly fad diet when what you are doing seems to be working and already giving you a higher-than-recommended weight loss?
    I'm just seeing if anyone has tried it and if it worked because I see so much talk about it...I wouldn't do it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    I did something like this to pass weight in the military. Except it was all salad, tuna, and water, for 7 days, not 3. I lost about 10 pounds over the course of the 7 days, but I also had to couple that with 5 mile runs daily, and 45 minutes of calisthenics daily.

It is not highly recommended, but passing weight is a really big deal in the military (You get chaptered out for failing weight and tape). It is most certainly not recommended for anything past a couple of days, let alone 7 days.

The preferred option is to actually MEET military body fat standards at all times while in service.

True, it's the preferred option, but sometimes a whole lotta weekends at the bars pre-deployment, or being on convalescence for 3 months makes that option go right out the window.

No it doesn't. Discipline is expected of members of the military.