Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,129 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lifting weights? Is it not heaven's gift to mankind?
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Nice gains bro, are they ill-gotten?
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,132 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Have you tried lifting weights? Is it not heaven's gift to mankind?

Did you have that same outlook on it when you first started or only after you started seeing results, @nossmf ?
  • srazamora
    Options
    dblbbl88 wrote: »

@dblbbl88, would you believe that before I looked up that phrase, I was thinking you were asking if he got muscles as a result of being sick?

• nossmf
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Did you have that same outlook on it when you first started or only after you started seeing results, @nossmf ?

Do you believe in love at first sight? Though technically, is it not more appropriate to call it love at first workout? Considering the low place I was in at that time in life (unemployed, overweight, worried how I was going to feed my kids), wasn't the ability to throw around heavy pieces of iron very therapeutic? When the gains started to manifest, wasn't that simply icing on the cake?

I can't decide whether to laugh at the absurdity, or be flattered that somebody may actually believe I'm bigger than I perceive myself to be...which response do you think I should adopt?
  • dblbbl88
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Would you believe I snickered as I wrote it because I think I'm clever? Also, how can anyone see your beautiful bicep as anything but nice gains?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does anybody else want a Snickers bar now, or is it just me?
  • dblbbl88
    Options
    Why do you throw me temptations like that?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Am I supposed to suffer temptation alone?
  • SundryCoder
    SundryCoder Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Are you suggesting we are not tempted or are you worried you are the only one who will cave?

• srazamora
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    srazamora wrote: »

Do you believe in love at first sight? Though technically, is it not more appropriate to call it love at first workout? Considering the low place I was in at that time in life (unemployed, overweight, worried how I was going to feed my kids), wasn't the ability to throw around heavy pieces of iron very therapeutic? When the gains started to manifest, wasn't that simply icing on the cake?

I can't decide whether to laugh at the absurdity, or be flattered that somebody may actually believe I'm bigger than I perceive myself to be...which response do you think I should adopt?

@nossmf — can I steal the phrase “ throw around heavy pieces of iron” from you?

• nossmf
    Options
    Will you also borrow the phrase, "better to toss iron than to toss the person who's annoying me?"
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,237 Member
    Options
    Speaking of iron, does your age matter in whether the phrase "iron horse" brings to mind a motorcycle, a kid's dime store rocking horse, or a steam locomotive?
  • nossmf
    Options
    For that matter, does "Iron Maiden" call to your mind Joan of Arc, ancient medieval torture device, or a rock band?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,999 Member
    Options
    Does tablet bring to mind an electronic device or a medicinal pill?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Shall I ponder these questions while I eat the blueberry Dutch Baby pancake I just made?
    Aren't I delighted that the Dutch baby wasn't difficult to make (even for a guy like me) and is quite tasty?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Isn't French toast with scrambled eggs (tonight's menu) even easier to make, and equally tasty?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    While I would agree that French toast can be equally tasty, wouldn't I have to disagree that it's easier to make? I love French toast, but don't you need the right kind of bread? What if you don't have bread? And doesn't soaking the bread in the batter, one or two slices at a time, create a timing issue in cooking them to perfection? And isn't there always some leftover batter? With the Dutch baby, isn't the batter nearly as easy to make, consisting basically of egg, milk and flour (no bread needed)? And what's easier than pouring the batter in a pan and popping it in the oven for 15-20 minutes (unattended)?
    (wait, is preheating the oven (and pan) a stumbling block for you?) 🤔😄
  • nossmf
    Options
    Does your precious Dutch baby taste as good slathered in powdered sugar as my French toast?
  • frankwbrown
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Do you realize you're reminding me of my youth when I used to cover my French toast with powdered sugar and lots of butter? Since I opted to settle for the embedded blueberries with blackberry jam on top, won't I have to answer that question another time? But although I didn't use any, didn't I buy a box of powdered sugar specifically for the Dutch baby?