Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,090 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Hot coffee through a straw?

Isn't that a good point? Wouldn't a paper straw go soggy?
    Can you still get plastic straws where you live?
  • wam60
    wam60 Posts: 2,230 Member
    Options
    Paper straws are worse for the environment than plastic...do you think we will go back to plastic?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    Do we need straws?
  • wam60
    Options
    How many holes does a straw have?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,460 Member
    Options
    If you do need/want a straw, can't you opt for a reusable glass or metal straw?
    Don't I have four of each? (Aren't the glass ones too thick to fit thru the hole in at least one of my tumbler lids)
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,365 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Don't I have an aversion to metal straws after reading an article about a woman who died in a freak accident - stabbing herself with a metal straw affixed in the lid of a Mason jar?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,829 Member
    Options
    Are reusable straws easy to clean on the inside?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Are reusable straws easy to clean on the inside?
    Don't they come with a handy dandy cleaning brush?
    5m9tr0wag6wu.png

• paperpudding
    Options
    wam60 wrote: »
    Paper straws are worse for the environment than plastic...do you think we will go back to plastic?

What makes you think paper ones are environmentally worse than plastic ones??

Where I live plastic ones are no longer sold - so don't I think chances of going back to them are nil?
  • wam60
    edited August 2023
    Options

Where I live plastic ones are no longer sold - so don't I think chances of going back to them are nil?

Didn't you read the recent scientific study that identified more harmful "forever" chemicals in paper straws then plastic ones? And aren't paper straws usually in plastic wrappers?
  • paperpudding
    Options
    Aren't there a lot of 'may' and 'could' in those reports?

I haven't seen individually wrapped ones here, have you?
  • cmsienk
    edited August 2023
    Options

Didn't you read the recent scientific study that identified more harmful "forever" chemicals in paper straws then plastic ones? And aren't paper straws usually in plastic wrappers?
    Didn't I read that study just the other day? Isn't it a shame that most single-use straws contain PFAs... and "animal studies suggest that an accumulation of these chemicals over time could cause a range of appalling side effects, including liver damage, a weakened immune system, underweight babies and even infant death"? Haven't I gone almost completely straw-less?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,562 Member
    Options
    ff84s8cujd6p.gif

c1lpar2yh6b7.jpeg

• paperpudding
    Options
    Haven't I gone almost completely straw-less?

despite my previous facetious remark about simultaneous coffee and straws and typing - don't I not use straws at all myself?

• wam60
    Options
    Who invented the straw?
  • frankwbrown
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The strawman? Is that a strawman argument? 😂
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Can you hear my applause @frankwbrown ? 👏
  • wam60
    Options
    Applause...who decided that hitting oneself is a sign of appreciation/ approval?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Wasn't it the ancient Romans?
  • paperpudding
    Options
    But aren't there mentions of clapping in the bible, pre Roman times?