Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Can you keep it going asking ONLY QUESTIONS?

Options
1514251435144514551465148»

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,570 Member
    edited July 3
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Do you doubt our inquisitiveness? 😉

Does this mean I can count on you for another 5,147 pages, @Cat0703a ? 🤩

Wouldn’t people get tired of me questioning everything??? 😅
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    As an amateur novelist, is it wrong of me to draw inspiration for storylines from that thread/post?

Is now when I should be finding a lawyer to set up a royalties in perpetuity agreement, @nossmf ? 🧐
  • srazamora
    Options
    Do you doubt our inquisitiveness? 😉

Does this mean I can count on you for another 5,147 pages, @Cat0703a ? 🤩

Wouldn’t people get tired of me questioning everything??? 😅

Do you honestly think we could ever tire of you, @Cat0703a ? 😨
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,880 Member
    Options
    Is now when I should be finding a lawyer to set up a royalties in perpetuity agreement, @nossmf ? 🧐

Can't I guarantee you would spend more money on the lawyer than you would earn in royalties off my sorry writing "career"? Do you know how much profit I have made through the sale of 225 copies of my first novel? If you said more than $100, mind if I start laughing? Any guesses how long it'll be before I quit my day job and devote myself to writing full time? Mind keeping those guesses to yourself, so I don't break down in tears?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Why does this remind me so much of my career in art?
  • srazamora
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »

Can't I guarantee you would spend more money on the lawyer than you would earn in royalties off my sorry writing "career"? Do you know how much profit I have made through the sale of 225 copies of my first novel? If you said more than $100, mind if I start laughing? Any guesses how long it'll be before I quit my day job and devote myself to writing full time? Mind keeping those guesses to yourself, so I don't break down in tears?

Are you telling me you earned less than $1 per copy you sold, @nossmf ? How is that not considered outright robbery?!
  • srazamora
    Options
    Why does this remind me so much of my career in art?

Why does this comment make me so sad? 😢 Was is hard to continue to find passion in making art when you counted on it to make a living, @AdahPotatah2024 ?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,880 Member
    Options
    Are you telling me you earned less than $1 per copy you sold, @nossmf ? How is that not considered outright robbery?!

While I likely would have made more through a traditional publisher, isn't it far harder to turn a profit when self-publishing and accepting all the costs of production which come with? Isn't this why I'm hoping to get my second book published traditionally (and possibly get a re-release of my first book through the same medium)?
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Was is hard to continue to find passion in making art when you counted on it to make a living?

Could I answer with a yes and a no since I was completely burnt out by portrait photography, while I continue to love painting? Do you think the Habitat for Humanity will ever start refusing my boxes of donated paintings!?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,490 Member
    Options
    Haiku Hijinks, anyone?

Although I'm thinking
    the answer is obvious,
    what is the question?