Excuse me for being blunt, but am I just a fat butt? Lol. calorie limit Q

Options
2»

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    maria76l wrote: »
    I could easily eat loads if i wasn't watching my kcal i always joke about loving food but i genuinely do im over weight through not watching what i was eating and eating the wrong foods.

This is it to me summed up for most people here, I'd assume.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well most people who 'can't' eat 1200 calories probably underestimate their food IMO.

But it's true that a lot of people go from calorie dense foods to low calorie, high volume foods, so they are full fast on much lower calories...

But personally I could eat 1200 calories of 'clean' food and still be hungry 90% of the time, apart that one freak week a month when I'm actually not very hungry.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    PatrickH59 wrote: »
    Despite being a life long runner, eating a healthy diet, and having pretty good cholesterol numbers, I somehow got a 95% blockage in my main coronary artery, and had a stent put in two weeks ago. So, in hopes of slowing my heart disease I decided to tune up my diet. (I am also now taking all my recommended meds). I am primarily trying to drastically reduce added sugar, saturated fat, and cholesterol. Given those constraints I am having a tough time hitting my calorie goals just to maintain weight (2225 before considering exercise). It's only going to get harder when I begin to get back to my previous running and lifting now that I can't top off the tank at the end of the day with cookies and coke. Beer helps.

That makes sense. I'm glad you're okay. Sick is better than dead. Now you can better your health even more. Keep working on it. :)
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »
    I wonder how those people got fat in the first place.

lol yeah they "can't hit 1600" while they log 1200 in "clean" foods and then sneak another 2k worth of ice cream off the books

Haha! Exactly what I was thinking!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a problem eating the allotted 1200 I get msgs almost daily saying im not eating enough but im not hungry but im not losing weight either
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I just hate the feeling of being stuffed, and so I stop eating as soon as I feel satisfied. Plus I rarely snack on random things throughout the day. The reason I gained a bit of weight in the first place is from binging on alcohol like 4x a week #collegelife

I've never met anyone who feels full that easy lol so that's what I mean. I just ate over 500 calories and I don't feel full at all... I just have to make it until another meal or through the day whatever lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I'm actually switching sides. My calorie intake is at 1,990, and since I eat so many fruits and veggies during my long work shift, I'm actually tired of eating. I eat something almost every hour at work to keep my energy up (construction). This week, I've been leaving some snacks in the truck because I'm just bored of eating.

But on Sundays when I go to a restaurant and have my pint of ice cream, I can still chow down 2000+.

Geeze. Well, yeah, if I was living off vegetables I would be tired of food. I don't like vegetables. Lol.. I mean, I eat them and I like them to an extent, but I'm not crazy over them. I'm obsessed with cheese.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Hahaha hey now, be nice! Some people have food issues and they're afraid to eat then tell themselves they "cant" hit their goal. I have a lot of allergies so I'm limited and i try to stay away from processed foods so somedays I dont hit my 1200 goal if I'm eating totally clean and eating whatever is available at the time at home. I wasn't fat before (to whomever asked how we got fat in the first place) but I eat a lot differently and listen to my body now. Not saying its ok to be under, it's really not, but dont bash us and assume we are hiding foods :) k thanks

I'm not bashing, for the record. I'm legitimately wondering lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    PopeyeCT wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I have seen so many posts about people who say they cannot get up to their calorie goal.

I always just ignore those people. It's like boys in the locker room bragging about their conquests.

There is absolutely no way that anyone of any size can't eat 1200 calories in one meal if they really wanted to. No meat required.

ilt4lzv3m6x7.jpg

Or just one of these:
    hfqdxgc43prn.jpeg

Mmm cheesecake....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I just hate the feeling of being stuffed, and so I stop eating as soon as I feel satisfied. Plus I rarely snack on random things throughout the day. The reason I gained a bit of weight in the first place is from binging on alcohol like 4x a week #collegelife

That's the thing though. Some days it takes way more calories to feel satisfied. Some days I can eat 4000 calories and still not feel stuffed.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't believe those people. :|

Some of them are under estimating how much their eating, especially if they don't use a food scale. Another group who says that are usually the ones who think they'll hurry their weight loss if they at that level. But I've also noticed they will post asking for help and very rarely open their food diaries.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a lot of those people don't use a food scale and don't measure/log properly.

I'm a 4 slice of pizza kind of girl, so I know what you're saying.
  • PopeyeCT
    PopeyeCT Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    PopeyeCT wrote: »

Or just one of these:
    hfqdxgc43prn.jpeg

Mmm cheesecake....

My parents sent me a cheesecake last Christmas. It was sort of a low point for me. I spent Christmas all alone and ate the entire thing. I woke up after that.