Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    The OP is just fishing for friends!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It is on you, you make the choices for yourself. Why do you need a cheerleader?

Wow..I feel bad for you.

That was the bi**hyness I was speaking off. I just enjoy chatting and motivating others (and vice versa)...like Facebook or Twitter, only with a purpose! Lol

Sorry you think I'm a b*tch .

It must be nice to never struggle or stumble on your weight loss journey.
    You are so funny!
    Not being funny, just using some logic. From your statements it is obvious that you do not need/want any support. People who do need/want support are those who have difficulties (mainly mental/emotional) with their weight loss. Since you do not need/want support, it is clear you do not have any difficulties. And, that must be nice.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    The OP is just fishing for friends!

And? Plenty of people here are more than happy to offer friendship and support. There are tons of "Hey, I need friends!" threads every day. Do you get all huffy about those too?
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't need a cheerleader as I am not a FOOTBALL TEAM!

:laugh: This is my favourite post EVER.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    I've not met a mean person yet, I'm only a newbie to the site- But I didn't join to brag or have a cheersquad. I came on here for support in this as I'm hoping the majority of people did.... and I'm finding it :)
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I don't... You missed the point of the thread. I enjoy FRIENDLY people! I don't need a cheerleader as I am not a FOOTBALL TEAM!

(see what I mean...)

Feel free to add me and we can create our own football team and double as the cheer leading squad!!! LOL... Some people have that "I did it on my own and so can you attitude." We all need reassuring sometimes and humans are a social creature.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    I really like MFP...It is exactly that my pal and I have met a lot of pals on here to. Of course, I have to do the work and keep myself accountable but it's nice to know that I am not the only one that struggles. I think the best part of using this site is the people I have met and I find that I keep myself more accountable and I have consistently lost weight and am feeling better all the time. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend if you want and we can encourage and motivate each other. Thanks for the post and you're right some people are mean.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    As I look in the android market I see quite a few calorie counting apps that don't offer friends or pals but I thought the purpose of mfp was so you could link up with people that are going through the same thing as well as try to reach your goal . If you don't want support or want to give support thats fine but some of us actually like cheerleaders. Feel free to add
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options

I don't see why that means people can't add each other as friends, though. Motivation is key, but just to say "don't add me because do it yourself" is kind of rude.
  • mnlght535
    Options

This is absolutely not true. Numerous studies suggest if not prove that weight loss occurs more often when people are surrounded by others seeking the same goal. That aside, I have lost the majority of my weight and more importantly transformed my fitness because I work with fit people. There is no negative peer pressure only positive support and that has made all the difference. Feel free to add me for support.
    [/quote

Congratulations on your weight loss. Fabulous :)]
  • MrsCCWoods
    MrsCCWoods Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean cause i use to have a account on here that i had since 2010 but once i had started adding people this year i got tired of the nasty comments and deleted my profile but since i have been back my attitude is like( I dont care what people may have to say i am here for me, i have lost the weight by myself and will keep doing it) I like having people to talk to about workouts and eating right and stuff on here. But now that i have a new profile on here im just dont dealing with NO BS i will delete you/block you or whatever and keep going on with my day
    25438163.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am saddened by the whole, "motivate yourself, don't add me as a friend because it's on you" attitude around here. The friends I have are AWESOME! I love the few MFPs I do have. I'm afraid to add ppl so if you're friendly and need a little extra motivation or someone to share your accomplishments with, that's me. Feel free to add me.

:)

Venting Over...

I haven't experienced this attitude yet, thankfully, but hey if people want to be like that then you don't need them anyway. Look for people in the forums who often post inspiring and uplifting things rather than put people down, then send them a friend request. also, I always add a little note as to why I'd like to have them on board. For example quoting something I liked that they posted in a forum or something we share in common I see from thier profile (if it's public). Good luck, you will succeed either way!!
  • backonbandwagon
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I just saw the word hangry - that was so me the other day to my poor husband! What a perfect word. On the topic of this thread, supportive like-minded people are awesome. Sometimes I need to get my *kitten* kicked with as much omph as my 'hangry' moment is equally dishing out, so maybe a "meanie" would come in handy :tongue:
    Otherwise, I'm always up for making new friends and supporting them. Add me :happy:
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I second Elfo's reply. The MFP crowd is just a sample of people in regular life. Hunt around for people that have the same ideas on how to support each other and make a circle of like minded MFP friends.
  • nursedianne
    nursedianne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    In response to one post I read......I wouldn't call it needing a "cheerleader", I call it support. That's the whole idea here isnt it? Yes, we are each responsible for our own choices, but it makes it easy to have folks to talk to.
    As far as folks being mean, I have found that some, no all, people that have lost a large amount of weight, are sometimes very judgemental of those of us that have daily struggles.
    So, anyone need some encouraging words....please add me. I love talking to folks from all over the world.

Life is just to dang short to be mean
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love ya...but you have over 100 "friends" HOW much is enough?!!! Anyway, I'm a Lesbian and went to a HBCU. Hit Me on Email because I don't take Friend Requests.
    Be Well
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    Why wouldn't someone want a cheerleader? Perhaps they have people dragging them down elsewhere, and they need the positive reinforcement.
  • VogtAndrea
    VogtAndrea Posts: 236
    Options
    Don't let the views of the negative crowd get you down. Motivation has to come from outside when you hit shaky ground sometimes. I know that I appreciate others who are ready, willing and able to help motivate me so HEY..... there are people everywhere who just aren't going to be in anyone's cheering section but that isn't everyone.
    Keep your eyes on the prize!!!
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    never met that mean people and always enjoy the very nice support of MFP friends.
    Feel free to add me !!