Need to buy an SUV, need opinions...

Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
Totaled my car two weeks ago...need a good size SUV (new or used) with preferable 3rd row seating. Price range of 25-35Kish...

any recommendations?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Well, not a SUV, but just as functional. VW Jetta Sportswagen TDI

You get SUV storage, and great fuel economy.

I don't think there are really that many people that actually "need" an SUV. It's an american thing.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love my Ford Edge but it doesn't have 3rd row seating. Handles like a dream in the snow, nice ride, quiet...
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Totaled my car two weeks ago...need a good size SUV (new or used) with preferable 3rd row seating. Price range of 25-35Kish...

any recommendations?

I have a durango it's ok but I'm wanting a new explorer!
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am IN LOVE with my new Nissan Pathfinder! It has the third row seating. :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Nissan Pathfinder?
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i just got the nissan pathfinder, 3rd row seating and not a gas hogger!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love my Pathfinder :)
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My Toyota RAV-4 has optional 3rd row seating. I'm kind of meeh on the car though.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Ooooo, really?! Tell me more!
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a Toyota RAV4 with the optional 3rd row seating. I absolutely LOVE it!! Have had it for 5 years, and not planning to get anything different anytime soon.
  • countryclowgirl
    countryclowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have ford 2000 expend. All bell and whistle. I got it 5 yrs ago and still runs great. She needs some cosmetic work but engine is good. Dealer is asking me "if I want to sell." I just smile and say "you not taking my truck"
    I got mine used. so befor anyone starts talk about monthly payments let me just say I own my truck out right.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I have a Chrysler Aspen 4WD 5.7 L Hemi.....
    Gets the job done!

dodgechrysleraspenhybri.jpg
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    get a truck w/ a canopy
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    dbtloi.jpg
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    What are you going for? Comfort, affordability, gas mileage, safety? Safety wise I would not go Ford (no offense to the Ford lovers, there are crash studies), Volvo has a very high safety rating, free maintenance I think, and great gas mileage. It really depends on your preference and what you're going to use it for. Test drive and find one that fits you, you have to mesh well with your car. Trust me, my last one tried to kill me multiple times.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love my Suburban. It might give 2 miles per gallon but gas is like $0.50/Gallon so its all good!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Infiniti QX56
  • blbasham
    blbasham Posts: 11
    Options
    I have an 05 Expedition with third row seating. I love it! I have never had any major problems..had to have the fan replaced in the air conditioner but it only cost about $80. Plenty of room for my 3 kids, dog, sports equipment, and 3 of their friends. The back seat lays down for more storage. I love it enough to buy another when this one is paid off. lol
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Ooooo, really?! Tell me more!

Got from Christmas. Fills up with 60- and that usually last over a week.. and its 4 wheel drive =) I fell in LOVE, lol