Squat challenge

Options
101141 Posts: 24 Member
we should all do a squat challenge for june!! Who would want to do it with me?!?

Replies

• DrLauraDVM16
    DrLauraDVM16 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in. What are the guidelines?
    Options
    I'm flipping through ones on Pinterest looking for a good one. I think we should all take before pics and post both at the end once we find one we like
  • Miss2Honest
    Miss2Honest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im in...just give me heads up on the challenge we will all be doing :-)
  • Nerdycurls
    Nerdycurls Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Since I am a little skeptic of this, due to my inverted butt (lol), I will join.

Maybe the before and after pictures will help me see a difference.
    Options
    Awesome! I'll pick one tonight then! And yeah, I have like negative butt, so hopefully this does something
  • iiasok6
    iiasok6 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. I can always use some help with my legs and butt I'm in.
  • ruthinnj
    ruthinnj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, with my butt and gut reversed. Gut sticks out, butt doesn't!!! Did you make guidelines?
  • Waywardinstinct
    Waywardinstinct Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I challenge anyone reading this to start squatting 5x5 with a barbell, 3 times a week and adding 5 pounds every workout. At the end of 1 month you will have added 60 pounds to your squats, look better and feel amazing.
  • angellll12
    angellll12 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm in. What are the guidelines
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    I challenge anyone reading this to start squatting 5x5 with a barbell, 3 times a week and adding 5 pounds every workout. At the end of 1 month you will have added 60 pounds to your squats, look better and feel amazing.

LOL That if you don't stall at all.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I've worked my way up from about 120 pounds to 225 this morning without stalling. :)
  • QueenBae97
    QueenBae97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Just let me know what we are going to do!!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did this one in April and I cannot recommend it enough. There are 5 types so it's a circuit training type thing and it's really doable and has a breakdown of each squat and how to do it.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/30-Day-Squat-Challenge-30806625
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I've worked my way up from about 120 pounds to 225 this morning without stalling. :)

@yusaku02 & @yopeeps025 People have to start somewhere...I started with the 30 day squat challenge and then moved to circuit training now lifting for 2 years...max squat is 210

To those doing the challenge take side pics...(wish I had mine on my computer) and compare that way as well.

Try doing it later in the month by breaking it up into sets of 20-25 with different types of squats like sumo squats (legs further apart and toes pointed out) etc. Helps break it up a bit.

Good luck to you all
  • yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

@yusaku02 & @yopeeps025 People have to start somewhere...I started with the 30 day squat challenge and then moved to circuit training now lifting for 2 years...max squat is 210

To those doing the challenge take side pics...(wish I had mine on my computer) and compare that way as well.

Try doing it later in the month by breaking it up into sets of 20-25 with different types of squats like sumo squats (legs further apart and toes pointed out) etc. Helps break it up a bit.

Good luck to you all

that why I laughed about that person post. Yes we all start somewhere. We all start differently though. I knew kids who started weigh training at least two years before I did in high school. It didn't take me long to become stronger than them. I knew a guy who played football and couldn't start benching the bar. Man was he made fun of in high school. He gained our respect by never stop lifting until college.

• yopeeps025
    edited June 2015
    Options

Ok key word is you. Also to compare the gains of a man to gains a woman can make. It is not the same and hopefully you know enough to know why.

• SezxyStef
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Good luck to you all

that why I laughed about that person post. Yes we all start somewhere. We all start differently though. I knew kids who started weigh training at least two years before I did in high school. It didn't take me long to become stronger than them. I knew a guy who played football and couldn't start benching the bar. Man was he made fun of in high school. He gained our respect by never stop lifting until college.

Yup...thx for the clarification.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    NOt to derail this thread...to whomever will be participating have fun.