• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If only i could stop at just 240 calories of popcorn :bawling:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    ajh2133 wrote: »
    Thanks all for your suggestions! I didn't mention I am allergic to gluten, so I can't have some of those but will look into a lot of them. @stephanieluvspb never thought of that! Great idea! And to all of you suggesting popcorn, I will have to try making my own somehow, probably get a air popper. @arditarose popcorn is definitely not high in calories for how much you can eat in a serving, store bought popcorn usually has a lot of saturated fat and other not so good things for you in it. And when you eat the whole bag in one sitting you end up eating lots of calories purely from the buttery fat.

You do not need an air popper. Just use a non-stick pan, brush with oil, add the corn, close the lid, and you have pop corn. It is one of the easiest snacks to prepare.
  • sierraleigh1
    sierraleigh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kale chips help my crunchy cravings! If you do them just right they are awesome!
    1 bunch of kale
    About a tablespoon of olive oil
    A little salt

Mix in a bowl, bake at 350 til they are crispy. About 15 minutes and make sure you do not burn them!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I make veggie chips with sweet potatoes, beets, and parsnips. I use my dehydrater. I like zucchini and eggplant chips too. I love popcorn. It's definitely my weakness. I either make it on the stove top with coconut oil or air pop it and use ghee.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your suggestions! I didn't mention I am allergic to gluten, so I can't have some of those but will look into a lot of them. @stephanieluvspb never thought of that! Great idea! And to all of you suggesting popcorn, I will have to try making my own somehow, probably get a air popper. @arditarose popcorn is definitely not high in calories for how much you can eat in a serving, store bought popcorn usually has a lot of saturated fat and other not so good things for you in it. And when you eat the whole bag in one sitting you end up eating lots of calories purely from the buttery fat.

butter fat is delicious and not bad for you.
    secondly- don't need an air popper.

I use a giant none stick teflon deep sauce pan (it's 3" tall and like 12" in diameter)- 2 tbsp of bacon renderings- popcorn- lid- go to town.
    Delicious.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of Calbee's Harvest Snaps? My local Walmart and BJ's Wholesale sells them, and I'm addicted to their Wasabi Ranch flavor (although they have a bunch of different varieties and I haven't been disappointed with any of them). They're fairly low in calories (around 110 per 28 grams), and have a very nice ratio of fats, carbs, and protein. They're also high in fiber and a source of calcium! They're literally my new favorite thing to snack on!

Another thing I'd recommend is dry roasted (and lightly salted) edamame. If you're unfamiliar with edamame, they kind of remind me of a mix between dry peas and pistachios. Very delicious and a great source of iron, protein, and fiber! Super convenient and crunchy, as well!
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I like crunchy food too, like chips, pretzels, and even the occasional granola bar.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of Calbee's Harvest Snaps? My local Walmart and BJ's Wholesale sells them, and I'm addicted to their Wasabi Ranch flavor (although they have a bunch of different varieties and I haven't been disappointed with any of them). They're fairly low in calories (around 110 per 28 grams), and have a very nice ratio of fats, carbs, and protein. They're also high in fiber and a source of calcium! They're literally my new favorite thing to snack on!

Another thing I'd recommend is dry roasted (and lightly salted) edamame. If you're unfamiliar with edamame, they kind of remind me of a mix between dry peas and pistachios. Very delicious and a great source of iron, protein, and fiber! Super convenient and crunchy, as well!
    Seconded both suggestions. Harvest Snaps are dried snap peas or dried lentils with flavouring. Even my kids love them. And the dried edamame are great too- I like them as a topping for salads
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/garbanzo-dry-roasted-chickpeas-60098299

I love these, only 88 calories and they come in different flavours.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat pretty healthy (lean meats, fruits and veggies, and complex carbs like sweet potatoes and oats) but struggle every day with one craving. I crave crunchy things. I love crunching on crackers, popcorn, chips, etc. that are always high in calories and often contain yucky fats and unwanted ingredients. I am wondering if any of you have my same craving and what healthy crunchy snacks you munch on?

Today I'm having kale chips with cheddar cheese.
    I love nearly naked popcorn (costco)
    I love beanito chips.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I like these

1FZQtn2.png

Dry cereal or rice cakes are good too

Good lord these look fabulous!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm