Ceyanne Pepper and Tumeric

Annr
Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
edited May 2015 in Recipes
I have discovered a new yummy thing.
Wild rice browned in a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle some ceyanne pepper, tumeric, and ground pepper. Sometimes I put a tblsp of real bacon bits in the olive oil. Pour in 2 cups water (slowly) and add 1 tsp of Better Than Bouillon chicken paste. Cover, stir periodically, until broth is about gone. Add 1 cup more of water and pile on a huge handful of fresh spinach leaves coursely chopped. Cover for a minute and stir. Sometimes instead of the spinach I put a couple of wedges of cabbage.

The fact that the hot spices seem to make me drink more water during the day, (duh go figure) plus I think the hotness aids in my digestion, is a nice thing.
Enjoy!

Replies

• sineadt84
    sineadt84 Posts: 51 Member
    Sounds yum. I put spices in pretty much everything I eat, my fav combo is cumin, ground coriander and paprika. It just gives a little kick to otherwise plain soups, sauces or couscous.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    That is actually a very good mix as black pepper aids the absorption of the turmeric. I add the two to most of my veggies. I'll try your recipe next week some time. Thanks.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    I have discovered a new yummy thing.
    Wild rice browned in a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle some ceyanne pepper, tumeric, and ground pepper. Sometimes I put a tblsp of real bacon bits in the olive oil. Pour in 2 cups water (slowly) and add 1 tsp of Better Than Bouillon chicken paste. Cover, stir periodically, until broth is about gone. Add 1 cup more of water and pile on a huge handful of fresh spinach leaves coursely chopped. Cover for a minute and stir. Sometimes instead of the spinach I put a couple of wedges of cabbage.

The fact that the hot spices seem to make me drink more water during the day, (duh go figure) plus I think the hotness aids in my digestion, is a nice thing.
    Enjoy!

That could be the salt from the boullion thingy (whatever that is) and the bacon that you put in your risotto/paella concoction just making you thirsty. I can't say that I've ever noticed cayenne pepper making me thirsty.