Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    do you mean thigh????? you can spot reduce.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Thighs?
  • salmaelbardissy
    salmaelbardissy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Thighs?

Yes
  • salmaelbardissy
    Options
    What?

Thighs
  • yesimpson
    Options
    You can't decide where weight comes off, and even if you could, 3 weeks would almost certainly not be enough time to achieve that. Why in such a rush?
  • salmaelbardissy
    Options
    Because i will attend a wedding party after 3 weeks :(
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Just eat at a sustainable deficit; the fat will come off from wherever it wants to. You will not lose 3 inches in 3 weeks (sounds like a marketing gimmick when put like that lol) but you will see positive changes. Keep it up and the inches will come off in a few months.
  • SezxyStef
    Options

sorry can't spot reduce...doesn't work that way.

If you want the appearance of thin thighs wear compression hose or spanks...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Your choice is limited to invasive cosmetic surgery.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nobody at this wedding party is going to measure your thighs, I can 99.999% guarantee.

Focus on long term health and fitness, not trying to slim your thighs as quickly as possible.
  • salmaelbardissy
    Options
    Could it be 1.5
  • hrhboo
    hrhboo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Spanx.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lol.

Instead of trying to estimate possible inches lost, go figure out your caloric needs (fill out your mfp profile), and make a meal plan for the week, and decide what, if any, exercise you'd like to do. Your time will be better spent that way.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, and 3 inches in 3 weeks is pretty unrealistic anyway!

Find an outfit that flatters your figure, and makes your legs appear leaner if that's what you desire, which will help in the short term.

Maintain a calorie deficit and the fat will come off gradually, where it decides to come off. Keep up a healthy lifestyle/attitude towards food, and find some exercise that you enjoy and it's more likely to become a long-term thing.

End result: You may not have your ideal thighs for this wedding party, but you have a much better chance for all the weddings and other events in the future, instead of continuing the cycle of crash dieting/quick fixes when you realise last minute that you're not where you want to be.

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You're not going to get a meaningful amount off your thighs in three weeks. Not 3 inches. Not 1.5 inches.

Wear something that compresses them, something that hides them, or just accept that your body is what it is right now and go have some fun instead of trying to reach some unobtainable goal.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    to give you perspective

When I first started MFP I was out of shape...and fat.

I joined to join a group doing 30 day shred....it's hard when you are out of shape.

In 30 days I lost 1/2 inch off each of my thighs...that is with hard exercise and a calorie deficit.

You can't spot reduce...and if you aren't exercising now and you start you will get puff from water retention...
  • yesimpson
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Nobody at this wedding party is going to measure your thighs, I can 99.999% guarantee.

And if they do, and they declare that your thighs are 3 inches too big for their liking, they have MUCH bigger problems than you do.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    So your dress is going to be short enough to see your thighs?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png