What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 scoop protein powder and coconut oil=bulletproof coffee :)
  • go4me1
    go4me1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I do coffee mate.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon organic half and half, 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk, and 1/2 packet of Truvia. It comes out to 30 calories. Very creamy and delicious!
  • Nakeshia88
    Nakeshia88 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Double shot espresso with a couple of tablespoons of cold milk, or for a treat I make a Vietnamese style coffee: double (or triple) shot espresso mixed with condensed milk and poured over ice :)
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    <3 my coffee & very picky about it - ideally a good quality medium-dark roast, served as either a long black or flat white (soy or trim milk) - but never any sugar or cream :)
  • melissalatzel25
    melissalatzel25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a MFP lurker. Love reading all the posts and I finally decided to ask a question of my own. I'm down 10 pounds in about 6 weeks (still have about 25 more to go) I've really started paying attention to what I'm eating and trading in the cookies and candy for yogurt and nuts. I haven't had liquid calories, (except for the weekend wine glass or two) and COFFEE. Coffee is my addiction. But I can't drink it black. I have an average of 2-3 cups every morning. I used to be a "little coffee with my cream and sugar" type girl, but I have been able to cut back a lot. However I know it's not enough. I probably have 1-2 tsp of half and half and sugar in every cup. I like it more sweet than not. I've thought about trying the SILK brand creamers, but then I've read that they aren't that much better for you? I've tried straight almond milk and I didn't like it.
    So what do you guys put in your coffee? Any tricks to help wean me from adding so much extra to it? I need my coffee in the morning. I know I could cut back the amount that I drink. I just want ideas of what else I could maybe put in it to make it sweet, but without the excess calories and sugar?

Thanks!!!

go plant based and you will never calorie restrict again! I've gone from 1200 calories to 2200 and I've lost weight even and maintained 47 kilo for a year and a half now. now i add 2 tsp coconut sugar and 50ml coconut milk to my coffee.. YUM !! its 75 calories and i have like 3 a day :)
  • robertarandich
    robertarandich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've never liked my coffee black. I learned to drink it with Almond Milk and a sugar-in-the-raw.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    @Brittany I used to drink 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day with 1/2 n 1/2 and sugar - Too many calories. Now I drink my morning coffee black with water and only treat myself with my afternoon coffee. 50 extra calories a day I can handle. I also think I am less hungry when I don't start my day with sugar. PS I always add cinammon.
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a MFP lurker. Love reading all the posts and I finally decided to ask a question of my own. I'm down 10 pounds in about 6 weeks (still have about 25 more to go) I've really started paying attention to what I'm eating and trading in the cookies and candy for yogurt and nuts. I haven't had liquid calories, (except for the weekend wine glass or two) and COFFEE. Coffee is my addiction. But I can't drink it black. I have an average of 2-3 cups every morning. I used to be a "little coffee with my cream and sugar" type girl, but I have been able to cut back a lot. However I know it's not enough. I probably have 1-2 tsp of half and half and sugar in every cup. I like it more sweet than not. I've thought about trying the SILK brand creamers, but then I've read that they aren't that much better for you? I've tried straight almond milk and I didn't like it.
    So what do you guys put in your coffee? Any tricks to help wean me from adding so much extra to it? I need my coffee in the morning. I know I could cut back the amount that I drink. I just want ideas of what else I could maybe put in it to make it sweet, but without the excess calories and sugar?

Thanks!!!

I don't particularly like American style black coffee because it's not strong enough for my taste, yet when cream and milk is added it is too thin and bland for my liking to be worth the calories.

For strong coffees, I go for a long black coffee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_black) with one packet of equal sweetener. Sometimes I will ask for it to be stained with skinny milk (aka long macchiato). (0-5 cal)

For coffee with a kick, a strong skinny caffe latte (double shot) with one packet of equal sweetener. (65-70 cal)

For normal coffee, the same as the above but without the double shot. (65-70 cal).

Its usually too rich for me and I usually end up managing just around half a cup before I am comfortably full or satisfied, so I save the rest in a glass canister for ice coffee or coffee cubes.
  • blossomtime
    blossomtime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't they say it takes about 3 weeks for a new habit to form? Is it worth persevering with black coffee? And maybe have a little sweet healthy nibble with it (not in it!) eg. a couple of almonds, or a date? Then stop the nibble... When I first met my husband he used to take sugar in his coffee/tea - but I never had any in my flat, so he started drinking it without, and now he can't understand how he ever liked it sweetened.
  • Nakeshia88
    Nakeshia88 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you really want to make the switch to black coffee I'd suggest giving Teechino a try, some of there chocolate infused mixes are great with coffee :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Thanks!!!

go plant based and you will never calorie restrict again! I've gone from 1200 calories to 2200 and I've lost weight even and maintained 47 kilo for a year and a half now. now i add 2 tsp coconut sugar and 50ml coconut milk to my coffee.. YUM !! its 75 calories and i have like 3 a day :)

That was not because you were "plant based".

Calories still matter. Your metabolism likely was fine eating at that level both before and after your transition to eating a plant based diet.

I was going to let this go, but information is power on a dieting web site.

• willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A tbsp of real cream and a few drops of sweet leaf stevia drops- my favorite is the cinnamon. Sometimes I'll add some nutmeg or cinnamon. Coffee any other way is blech :) ( I use a nespresso machine or a French press- i prefer very strong coffee)
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee. I usually drink two cups of dark roast coffee black daily. I just got myself accustomed to drinking coffee black without any sweeteners. I also love getting a plain Caffè Americano from Starbucks. Occasionally, I may splurge and get a sugar-free, caramel frozen latte from Sheetz or mocha light frapp from Starbucks.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Usually 1 tbsp creamer (fat / sugar free), a little bit of almond or cashew milk, and about 3-4 packets of Splenda. Or I just use vanilla whey.
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You have to ween yourself off it sort of how we ween ourselves on beer.

I drink flavored black coffee, sometimes with a little stevia. Target's Archer Farms brand makes some really awesome flavored coffee, I'm drinking a pot of their Dark Chocolate Truffle as I type this, though Cinnamon Vanilla Nut is my favorite.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    coffee.
    with coffee.

And more coffee
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sweet n Low. Milk if I have the calories to spare. If it's sweet enough, I can do without milk.
    If I'm making it at home I'll add a bit of cinnamon and vanilla.
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
  • SWISHanes
    SWISHanes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it black for years. Now i'll sprinkle a pinch of turmeric in the first cup.