WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
    last poem - this one i wrote for kirby on our wedding written 12/19/02
    titled - kirby - my husband

What can i say to the man who has brought be back to life.
    The man who had enough love and patience -
    to ask for my hand, to want me as his wife.

You had faith in me and felt i was worth waiting for,
    You saw something in me when i felt nothing inside.
    You loved me when i had no love for myself and I wanted to hide.
    You love me with your mind body and soul -
    When I'm with you i feel safe -
    I'm not afraid, I no longer feel the hole.

With you as my husband, with you at my side,
    I can face whatever pain life may bring, I know i will survive.
    My God and Lenny brought you into my world -
    For this I am so very blessed.
    Without you, life is not worth the trouble -
    Life would be worth so much less.

You're the most loving, happy, and thoughtful man i've ever known.
    I love your dimples, your eyes, your smile and how i love your laugh -
    I love you my husband -
    For as long as my life will last.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Howdy ladies. Wow about 25 pages since I checked in. Skimmed the last 10 or so. Love the stories and pictures.
    Checking in -
    55th Birthday was Saturday, celebrated with family and went shopping. I wanted to buy a dress but did not as I could not find one I liked with short sleeves. I am too self concious about my bingo wings to show them in public. I ended out the month down a few pounds and am now no longer on the obese BMI.

Today I did a mud run with a friend. My first and I loved every minute. No doubt there will be more in my future. Doing one of these was on my bucket list and I feel really good about ticking off another line.

Hit all my goals for food and fitness this week. Not quite as good on water but hit a min of 10 glasses each day. I would like to finish the month the same way. The boot camp class is great and I really used the things I learned there today. Army crawl, crab crawl and hand over hand on the horizontal ladders.

Still getting to know you all and enjoying your stories, thank you for sharing.

This weeks goals:
    Monday - Boot camp class
    Tuesday - Trainer WO
    Wednesday - Total body fitness
    Thursday - Trainer WO
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - 20 mile bike/5K run

Additional 40 miles of biking
    Food at or under calories
    Water - min of 10 glasses each day

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Lori from Wisconsin
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I love that flamingo!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

JanetM, I got ya beat on the old lady tatas. I knew that my boobs were always the first to go when I lost weight, but just didn’t expect to end up with something that looks like a couple of deflated water balloons. smiley-sad006.gif All I can say is they aren’t surrounded by fat like they were before. About cup size, if you find a place that makes a 38 T (training bra) let me know, cause I’m getting’ close. Maybe you could lighten the load in that backpack?

Janetr, great lookin’ DD and grands.

Sylvia, ok, fer sure ya made me laugh. In fact I’m still laffin’. Too funny. I hate to hear that you seldom laugh any more. I just think it is the best medicine there is. ((((Huggs))))

Katla, so glad you enjoyed reunion. I’m glad you went. Have fun these last two days.

Joyce, are you telling us that you don’t always have your labs when you should? I’d take her message as firing you and take it that maybe it’s important that you keep up with your labs. I have mine every 3 months. I think because I’m diabetic? But with all the meds I take, I do want to keep a check on my liver. Now, you get that blood tested when you are supposed to or we may have to come to you and have a heart to heart! I’ll bring Pip and you’ll be sorry. Seriously, please take care of yourself.

Sharon, welcome. It sounds like you know what to do and how to do it. My only suggestion would be to stay on MFP, tracking your food, from now on. We have a number of ladies on here that reached their goals years ago but use MFP to maintain. This is a life journey and not a trip with a final destination. We are happy to have you join us. Come often and chat away. Great support in here. What part of the state are you in? I lived in Milwaukee for 10 years a few decades ago and we have ladies here from that area.

Peach, you are doing what you can. I know you feel guilty but you are doing what has to be done. Hang in there, and you will get it done. ((Hugs))

Heather, so glad you aren’t having any foot pain. Thank the lord for small blessings. About tomorrow and your exercising…you are right, that we are with you. If you need to, come tell us what you will do next, then go do it. After that one, report in and do it again. You know we got your back!!! showoff.gif It’s wonderful that DH is such a good help on your workouts, but try to enjoy your day on your own. Maybe do something you wouldn’t do if he were home. Or eat something you don’t fix when he is there. I want you to have a good day.

Runaroundsue, you are correct that all you have to do is bookmark us and follow the thread. Welcome. Please tell us something about yourself so we can get to know you. This is a great place for support and information. Please sign each post with the name you want us to call you and a location (general or specific) I see you have lost weight, so congrats on that. Come often and join right in. You’ll notice at the end of the month, that Barbie will start a new thread for July. She will list the link on this thread.

Barbie, you have a marvelous day. I hope Jake enjoys his alone time as much as you and I do.

Heather, great pic of DH and sis. That granddaughter is beautiful. I can see the crowds you talked about.

Eava, welcome. You will find this a very supportive group of ladies. Come often and chat when you want.

Dana, welcome to you as well. We are happy to have you join us. Just touch base every once in a while when you can so we know you are still with us.

Jpnotler, welcome to you, also. We are glad to have you new ladies join us. Don’t let the amount you want to lose get to you. Take it one day at a time and one pound at a time. It’s not a race even though we are all in a hurry. Come often and you will get there. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you all sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location (general or specific). You can do this.

Nancy, I hope you feel better soon. It is no fun being sick. Wow, it sounds like you have really put in the work on your meal planning. Good for you. What books are you using with the meals? I agree that is one of the hardest things, trying to plan healthy meals in the calorie/macro limits.

Allison, I’m sorry that your DH said such a hurtful thing to you. Sometimes something like that can stay with me for a while, but I hope you can shake it off and go on with life. (((Hugs)))

Terri, glad to hear you had a wonderful time. It sounds like a busy week ahead so you enjoy it too.

Renny, not gaining when on vacation is like losing! A BIG Congrats! That is weight you don’t have to re-lose.

CKC, welcome. Please tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you. Also we ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called. This is a supportive group of ladies, so come often and join right in.

Katla, yeppers, that’s hot. I think I’ll stay on this side of the country. Lol

Kari, welcome. You did all you need to do to join. We are happy to have you with us. Wow, you lost 20 lbs since April 15? That’s wonderful. This really does work if we just do what we know we need to do including moving more than normal. My normal was very little movement. Come often and post when you want. There isn’t much else to it so enjoy..

Yannie, you know you wouldn’t hurt “him” bad enough to end up in jail. Lol I told My DH just yesterday, that if he has to keep pie in the house, he could at least buy one that I don’t like; like coconut or something. At least mine isn’t diabetic. How dare you be typing to us when Gemma is ready for her play time. Great going by your DD on being the one to get the horse in first gear.

Heather, I know you will be good, so I’m not worried about you. insomnia.gif But I am watching, just in case.

Lillian, I think you are the one that turned me on to Leslie Sansone and I wanted to say Thank You. thanks.gif

Meg, feel better soon and stay cool.

MNMargaret, I love the pictures. The pelican is cute and I really like the blue heron. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a monarch caterpillar. It is beautiful.

Lori, Woo Hoo for you, getting out of obese. Did you ever think you’d be so happy to be overweight? I’m looking forward to the day I get there. Way to go. And belated Happy Birthday.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Ladies, as always you inspire me. Just knowing you makes me a better person. I thank you, each and every one. I hope you all have a marvelous week ahead.

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Allison I was married to a man who was hypercritical and I was miserable for 15 years. When I finally left him, since he started abusing my sons, I found a self help book that was really helpful. It was called "Verbal Abuse Survivors Speak Out". There is a second one but I don't remember the title. Anyway, it helped me recognize all the ways that he was putting me down, and why I hurt all the time. I highly recommend it. Also, most people who act like this have learned the behavior as children and really never change. I am glad I left him even though it was really tough raising three sons on my own (he never paid child support, only visited his kids three times in over a dozen years). I was so traumatized from his abuse that I didn't even date for years, and have never found a man that was good enough for me since, but I am so much happier without the constant put-downs. My two oldest sons won't have anything to do with him, and the youngest has described him as an a**hole. Life is too short to be miserable in a relationship. I was never as lonely as when I was married to him. Hugs to you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,580 Member
    Options
  • mialto2722
    mialto2722 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love that book. My mom bought it for me and it made me so angry at the time. Such an eye opener
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Guess what I have been making it with a OLD flip phone with an old cell plan that nickled and dimed me to death, so I just ordered an iphone - it will be here next week or early the following week... OH my !! my first smart phone, I hope it isn't smarter than me. LOL

Katla – safe travels headed home

Kari in California – welcome -- I am in CA too, the N. part ---Oakland is my closest major airport

Nancy – whichever way you choose is ok, I am just getting my calories lower at this point with a bit of attention to protein (I need more) sugar (I need less)… I am at 1300 or so calories and cannot imagine getting as low as 1000; however we are all unique, volume is an issue if you go from calorie dense (candy) to nutrition dense (veggies) the pile of veggies it takes to be 200+ calories of a candy bar is impressive. MFP doesn’t like you to be under 1200 calories, and for me it is easy to stay above.

Alison – your DH better watch out, Pip is in the front, with Beth and I flanking her!!! He is doomed. LOL

Michele – I live in CA and last week it was over 100 one day here and next week we are supposed to have a couple of over 100 degree days, I don’t have AC either, and I do melt!!! But to get it would be a huge expense as I don’t have central heat either so I would need an electrical upgrade, duct work and both a heater and AC unit.

Paying off the mortgage – Lions and red doors… I had not heard of either of those ideas! It’ll be a few years before I need to buy a Lion or red paint!!

June goals:
    Walk every day 180 miles for the month (in May I did 175… thought maybe a higher goal would be good)
    NEW – 1 plank every day – and log them here – 19
    Log everyday
    Eat slower
    do 2 fun things every week -
    week 1 – no traditional fun – but working hard to get all embroidery jobs done, clean up clutter inside and out, so that my doggy sitter will not have that to deal with, and the house will look nice when I get home.
    Week 2 – Seattle seeing my Godson graduate from college
    Week 3 – taught Intermediate baking camp every morning, and beginning baking every afternoon.

Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Too tired een totry to catch up. got in an abbreviated walk/run w 6 min running before working from home. got a big gray cat emitting sleepons at my side. stayed in budgt on calories and most macros. Hi, y'all!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Katla- I'm glad you had a good time!

MNMargaret- my DSIL has 2 lions at her entrance. I'm sure she doesn't know what that means. I'll have to tell her.

Pip- that poem was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Lori - Happy Birthday! You are also doing extremely well with your goals!

I see the Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Almost done. DH has a load ready for the recycling station. All loaded for a trip as well with our open trailer. The garage is full so we will cover the trailer with tarps.

Have a great night everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @MNMargaret - loved the pics. And thanks for the kind words.

@Pip - you are very talented in your poetry and obviously bare your heart and soul. Thanks for sharing them with us.

@ DJ and all the others who commented on the pic of my DD and DGD's, thanks for the cudos.

In the middle of birthday dinner a news reporter from ABC (our channel 5) showed up at the door. Asked me if I had seen the accident involving the police car, where it actually happened, all that jazz. So I'm talking 90 knots an hour (as usual) and she asked if she could interview me on camera for the 10:00 PM news. Oh no way!! I said oh, we are in the middle of a birthday dinner for my husband, sorry. That's just too intimidating for me. lol

Last night I carefully planned my calories and food to include a 2"x2" inch piece of birthday cake and 1/2 cup of ice cream. I ate it and enjoyed it and got so nauseated almost immediately that I won't be doing that again any time soon. I also made the mistake of eating a Lay's potato chip. What was I thinking? I had eaten way too many before it hit me, what are you doing? So I tried to figure as close as I could how many I ate added it in and needless to say went well over my calories for the day. Ugh. Well off to water aerobics all week and sticking to eating right.

Nite all. See less of you tomorrow :)
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Husbands who criticize the way you cook, clean, shop, etc. should have to do that chore at least the next time, if not for the next month. It would probably shut them up!

Too bad, many of us were raised to put up with unacceptable (or worse) behavior--myself included.

I realize my experience is extreme and am not commenting on anyone else's situation by sharing the following. After 11 very painful and extremely lonely years of marriage, I finally had to file a restraining order, go to a domestic violence shelter and divorce my very abusive husband (now long-time ex). He constantly assaulted me with terrible verbal, mental and emotional abuse--and some physical violence. He had a violent blow-up temper like Mel Gibson, plus he was a perpetual cheater like Tiger Woods.

The emotional last straw was his affair with another local woman. They continually pretended she was his current wife whenever they snuck out of town, taking trips together in our small airplane. This included them constantly lying in person to his entire National Guard wing and to his Commanding Officer's face. Found out later, he was bringing her there every time he was on duty. They carried on the charade of her being his 'wife' for many months. He killed any tiny shred of love that remained when I discovered this on Easter weekend when our daughter was only 6 years old. It took me several years to get over feeling sick and hurt every Easter.

The abusive last straw was after his repeated threats to kill me and physically abusing me. One night he was choking me. He eyes were crazy and he threatened to 'snap my neck'. Said he 'knew exactly how to do it from his military training.' I was absolutely terrified and prayed hard. Suddenly, he released me and walked away. Miracle! It was then that I realized something was badly wrong with him. Really think he had some kind of chemical imbalance or prior traumatic brain injury from athletics (this has made recent news and there was a PBS special on this about NFL players).

Right after I left him, I felt and looked like I had just gotten out of a concentration camp according to many people who knew me at the time. I'm 5'4 and was always slender (105-110 lbs.). But lost so much weight from the abuse and stress that size zero was falling off me (95 lbs). My sister said his violent temper and crazy thinking was exactly like the horrible abusive husband in the movie 'Sleeping with the Enemy'. Julia Roberts plays the abused wife who finally fakes her own death to escape from him. The professional counselors that I saw diagnosed him as a narcissistic sociopath and pathological liar. That is an extremely DANGEROUS combination!

He aggressively pursued me in and out of court for 3 years. He violated the restraining order multiple times. He even stormed into a protected daycare and kidnapped our daughter for an entire day. Shockingly, no charges were ever filed on him. So he just kept doing whatever he wanted, ignoring the law and never having to face any consequences.

He also moved into the neighborhood where I had moved with our young daughter to get away from him. He got her to start running away to his house. Then he called the Police plus CPS, hurling all kinds of wild and false accusations. He alleged that I was an alcoholic Lesbian. That's ridiculous. I was a strong Baptist at the time and rarely ever even had one glass of wine. CPS quickly figured him out and said the accusations were totally unfounded and merely his attempts to usurp my parental authority and rights. Also, I have worked for many Top Fortune corporations and have held a Federal government Security Clearance by passing an extensive background check.

Unfortunately, he convinced our 8 year old daughter at the time that I was totally evil. He told her not to eat or drink anything when she visited me because I was 'poisoning' her. This was so painful because he was totally abusive her by doing that. Of course, she didn't want to visit and the only way to stop his abuse was by my not seeing her. Heartbreaking!

I'm the parent who was with her nearly 100% of the time for the first 8 years of life, while he was constantly working, traveling out of town and having numerous illicit affairs (that's a nice way to put it). I took her to church every week on Weds. night, Sunday morning, and often on Sunday evenings. His payback for that was to stand up in front of the church and have her baptized without my prior knowledge and involvement. He completely shut me out from this very important event as a punishment. It was extremely hurtful and I cried the entire day.

Anyway, his constant and very serious allegations did not go over well in the 1990's in KY with a Southern, Misogynist Judge who later was voted one of the Top 10 Worst Judges in America by a leading Women's magazine. I got royally screwed in the divorce. Even though he made 4 times my salary, he convinced the judge who hated women to buy his lies and totally side with him. I made a minimal salary in a professional job at a University and was forced to pay double the amount of required child support, even though it was supposed to be 'joint custody'. Once he got a hold of our child, he kept her. He made sure my life was 'living hell'--just like he had continually threatened and promised. Plus, he never allowed me to see her as the final and deepest punishment. All of this hell for being a loving, supportive wife and devoted mother.

Discovered a few years ago, this is very common behavior with this type of abusive personality. I discovered a website where there are many women (and a few men) who are going through the same horrible thing.

DD is now grown, but has not ever even acknowledged me or responded to my many attempts to connect or reconnect. She's my prodigal (and only) child. I had to completely turn her over to God's loving care.

Thank God I got away from that horrible, violent monster. Many people have told me I could definitely write a Lifetime movie! My life is so much more peaceful not having to deal with any of this. My heart goes out to all who are dealing with difficult and hurtful family situations.

- Nancy in FW, TX
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    For the fourth of July we will be heading out to Walla Walla, WA to my DIL's for the Holiday weekend. The family is all about good food. My DH and I discussed that I will bring my scale and weigh what I eat so I can track it. My DH is a chef, his brother trained as a chef and his mom works very hard to cook great food.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    runaroundsue, I think you were asking how to bookmark this page. I was waiting for someone else to do it because they do a much better job. At the top of this page you will see a grey star. It's right above all the page numbers. Click on that star and it will become gold, or yellow. Then the next time you come to MFP to chat, go to 'Community' which is in the blue line right below My Fitness Pal. After you click community you will see a line of symbols. One of them is a star, click on that and you will see any forum you have 'bookmarked'. There you will find us. hopefully the first post you see is the one right after you last posted. barbie creates a new page every month so on the last page of the month she puts a link to the new month. Make sure and bookmark that page. And if you want to unbookmark June, just click on the yellow star and it will go grey. My husband does a lot, and i mean a lot of karaoke. He is part of a group of old geezers called 'The over the hill gang' and they do individaul and group songs. Run around Sue is one of their group songs. My husband is the soloist in Run around Sue and the two other guys provide all the doo-waps. It's a very lively song and they always get a good response, well because they are good! Welcome!!!

Dana, glad to see another Hoosier. I am from the extreme southwestern are, right next to Illinois and Kentucky. It looks like you already know your way around, you're doing good!!

Alllison, I really think you need to go on strike! It would really bother you not to feed your FIL daily but you need to let other people see just how much you do for others. I know you have explained before how much you enjoy doing for others, but you need to feel appreciated also. You need a good shoulder to lean on. I know you have us but you can't physically lean on us.

Mia, I was looking on line for musical decorations to buy for my DGDs 14th birthday and I saw that exact same clock you have in your profile picture.

Lillian, I can just imagine how much help your DGD of 23 months is going to give you on that trampoline. Have fun with her. She can help you weed also!!!

DJ, yes Maam! Actually the lab work I get done every 6 months is to check how my liver is reacting to the medicine I stopped last October so theoretically I don't need the lab work. I go ahead and do it anyway just to keep track of my blood sugar, sodium and my Hgb as I ten to be a tad anemic, and run a low blood sodium level.

Nancy, what a heart breaking story. It is amazing that you have come out of it with the strength and tenacity you have. I am so sorry that he brainwashed your daughter against you. He will be judged one day, by the Guy above.

I didn't sleep well at all last night and didn't go to church this morning. Charlie has AM doctor appointments twice this week and then the kids come in Friday evening. So Saturday and Sunday I will have a very active 8 year old in the house. Luckily Grandpa likes to get up with them and fix them breakfast. Then he falls asleep and the girls watch TV shows their parents don't like them to see. I am trying to find a maxi dress that is modest for my almost 14 year old. I think all of them that I have found have spaghetti straps. I just don't know what kid of a bra you wear under spaghetti straps. She is in a size 1 and is 5'5". I have found that Rue 21 has some really nice prices. I got her a pair of jeans from there at Christmas and just seeing the Rue 21 box made her so happy. She used to be that way with Justice but not any more. She got that picky in her 8th grade year and now she is a freshman. We also want to find a swimming pool for them to take home. We were hoping to keep it around $100 but are finding that impossible unless we want a baby pool. I also need to find a purple cake with a musical theme to it!!! We are going to have funny looking tongues Saturday!!

Nite, nite, Joyce, Indiana
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    DJ - here I am starting my day! I have you there right behind me! You are saying "Come on, get out of bed and get on those machines!!!!!" :laugh: :flowerforyou:

Heather UK

PS I didn't get to sleep until nearly 3 am and woke up at 6.45. :ohwell:
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Giving up just keep nodding off and
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,730 Member
    Options
    Pip beautiful poem~
    well I took a nice relaxing bath last night and then got my jammies on and was asleep by 6 pm , and got up at 2:30 am. have a load of laundry in the washer.. going to pack for N.H. and make macaroni salad to take up with me,
    tomorrow will be killer at work, as we only have a 3 day work week.. we have 3 drs there and over 20 patients, and wroking 8-6 pm, there is not enough room for all 3 drs to work at the same time, it will be chaos.
    I hope everyone everyone enjoyed there weekend
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just skimmed quickly as I am at work...

When I came in (I had taken my prescription sunglasses off and hadn't put my regular glasses on yet) I thought, haha, looks like someone put a ginormous loaf of bread here on the table! (Table in the hall next to the copy machine, where everybody has to walk past.) Had my glasses on when I went to the copy machine a few minutes later and...there's a GINORMOUS LOAF OF BREAD THERE! Turns out one of the guys here is a baker in his free time! That loaf was about 2 1/2 feet long and 10 inches wide. It had a few nuts, raisins, and poppyseeds in it. Well, I had brought my homemade muffins for my coffee breaks, but I decided this was so special I'd take half a slice and enjoy it. Counted it as two slices of regular bread. What a treat!

Thinking of everyone who needs good thoughts. Nancy, thanks for sharing your story and so glad you took care of yourself.

Hope we all have a good day.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nancy, I am so sorry that you went through all of that. It sounds a lot like what I went through- including the threats to kill me. We moved all the way across the country to escape his wrath (he didn't have the money to follow). And I have 'lost' my youngest son to him- like your situation, my former husband convinced my son, when he was 14, that I was an evil woman who broke up a happy marriage and that I was incredibly selfish. So he has broken off all contact with me and I have never met my three grandsons. It breaks my heart.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Morning all...

Pip - love the poem on your wedding to Kirby... you live your life much like me--wide open. So much easier than having to live life half-hidden, trying to remember who it is that knows what about you.

Nancy - I'm glad you escaped your abuser, and so sorry that you lost your DD in the process. It's never too late--don't give up. You may yet find the way to her heart.

JanetR - I still have the same reaction to sugar, even ten years post-GB. Have started making my own "ice cream" to help quell that craving. I'm very lactose intolerant anyway, and then with sugar making me sweaty and ill, ice cream is just a ticket to misery. Still want it, though! This helps with the protein we need and makes a great dessert as well.

Fruit & "Cream" Protein Smoothie/Ice Cream mix:
    • Four scoops of lean, low-sugar protein powder, French Vanilla flavor (got mine at Walmart). Honestly, it's horrible in water or even in soy or almond milk, or at least it is to me. I had to do something with it, so I kept throwing things in the blender! :) (280 calories, 64g protein)
    • Two cups of light vanilla soy milk (140 calories, 12g protein)
    • Four oz. of fresh or frozen strawberries, or raspberries, or whatever fruit you like, (60 calories)
    • One banana, or other fruit you like (105 calories, 1g protein)
    1. Smoothie: Blend well, then add enough ice and blend to make it up to six cups of liquid, all told, for a smoothie that's about 95 calories and 13 grams of protein per cup. Most protein bars come in at 200 calories and 13 to 20 g of protein. Two cups of this is fewer calories and more protein (190 cals and 26g).
    2. Ice Cream: If you want ice cream-type texture instead, pour one cup of the blended liquid into a ziploc bag and freeze flat in the freezer. When it's frozen, break it up, put it back in the blender and blend... use a tablespoon or so of soy milk to smooth it out. Tastes and feels like strawberry-banana ice cream to the ice cream deprived.