back for the fourth time.. need serious motivation.

Options
I started out at 160, lost 10, gained it back. I started again at 175, lost 12, gained it back. I started again at 190, lost 5, gained 25 pounds. This has been over the course of 4 years. I'm now starting back AGAIN at 210 lbs. I am 5'4'', 23 years old, married, struggling with overcoming depression, have a full time job, and I'm also a student. I don't know how to stay motivated. My husband always does this with me and supports me, but I'm always the one that ends up giving up and buying junk. How does everyone stay motivated? I mean, how do you ladies not stress eat and period eat? I just love food way too much, and it's always the junk that I end up back eating. How do you eat well on a broke married student's budget? Just so frustrated with always giving up and not having any motivation. Feel free to friend me.

Replies

• Alj90
    Alj90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting today and new to this. Previously tried it for a few days but this time I'm determined to do it for a minimum of 5 weeks! Always keen to give and have support! x
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi tried a few diets before and junk food/sweets have always been my biggest downfall. Using MFP I am being honest with myself and although I am not cutting out treats totally I do think no...just the 1 rather than 3 now though. Remember with starting to eat better you will naturally feel better mentally and have more energy for studying.

With regards to Junk food is there a certain type that you like that you could make? I know a homemade burger, wedges and salad tastes 100 times better than fast food bought plus its cheaper
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I started out at 160, lost 10, gained it back. I started again at 175, lost 12, gained it back. I started again at 190, lost 5, gained 25 pounds. This has been over the course of 4 years. I'm now starting back AGAIN at 210 lbs. I am 5'4'', 23 years old, married, struggling with overcoming depression, have a full time job, and I'm also a student. I don't know how to stay motivated. My husband always does this with me and supports me, but I'm always the one that ends up giving up and buying junk. How does everyone stay motivated? I mean, how do you ladies not stress eat and period eat? I just love food way too much, and it's always the junk that I end up back eating. How do you eat well on a broke married student's budget? Just so frustrated with always giving up and not having any motivation. Feel free to friend me.

After doing about the same thing except for 40 years longer than you I finally realized in my case I was a carb addict it seemed so I quit carbs and mainly the sugar added ones 8 months ago and have learned how to loose and maintain. Some MFP's that have been doing it for years can tell you more.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group