My High Impact Regimen

Options
preciousgirl012
preciousgirl012 Posts: 36 Member
edited June 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone,
So I've attempted a few parts of this regimen separately and they definitely worked for me, I SAW EXTREME RESULTS. However I think it's time to get serious with my workouts. I'm at a crucial point in my life where I feel like it's now or never with my weight loss. So... here's my version of a high impact workout regimen:

-Workout Days (5-7 days a week) def 7 for me
-2 miles a day (walking and/or running)
-Insanity
-Squat Challenge
-Daily
50 Pushups
100 Sit ups
50 Crunches
50 Cross Body sit ups
40 Lunges
50 Leg raises (both legs)
1 Minute plank
1 Minute wall sit

I'm sure for some this may seem a bit intense but I'll try it out and see. Hopefully my results will be reasoning enough for such an intense workout. (fingers crossed) :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    sounds like a recipe for burnout and injury...

why not find a routine that's sustainable and you actually enjoy?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    It is awesome to go at it with intensity

But rest is part of "it".

I would ask you to just consider a day off in the middle.

The numbers on the exercises are ok

The abs could be doubled and done three days a week. A simple 100 right left and center crunches each side done nonstop. I'm old and do that.

What is your heart rate target? Are you shooting for a segment of time in the 90% max heart rate? Interval bursts?

I don't see how your workout could not work!!

I hope you can really nail it and see the results you want!

A question though? What is your calorie target to support such a demanding workout and still drop a pound or two for leaning down?

I would have a hard time going at it as hard as you are with no rest days as that plan shows if there was much of a calorie deficit ?

Is that a two week on and a few days off program?

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a random collection of exercises not a workout plan. If you are worried about losing weight, focus on your eating habits, you will never out-exercise a bad diet. If you have fitness goals, look into either a sport that sounds interesting, or a fitness plan that matches your goals (weight loss, endurance, strenght, etc).
  • preciousgirl012
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    Sounds like a random collection of exercises not a workout plan. If you are worried about losing weight, focus on your eating habits, you will never out-exercise a bad diet. If you have fitness goals, look into either a sport that sounds interesting, or a fitness plan that matches your goals (weight loss, endurance, strenght, etc).
    A workout plan happens to be exercises you put together correct? It's a plan to work out. One is free to add or remove whatever they want from said plan. I've already focused on my diet I track my calories and stick with goals. I don't have the means to get to any sports places or centers at the moment, I'm working with what I've got. This "plan" does meet my weight loss goal, and that is my main goal cardio and simple strength training.
  • preciousgirl012
    Options
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    And when will you have rest day's? In my calender there are 7 day's a week..
    Their are rest days incorporated into insanity those days will simply be a tad bit of cardio.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    you have to have nutritionally rich, high protein, low carb/fat balanced diet to support your training otherwise you will never see the results you want

:huh:
  • LKArgh
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A workout plan happens to be exercises you put together correct? It's a plan to work out. One is free to add or remove whatever they want from said plan. I've already focused on my diet I track my calories and stick with goals. I don't have the means to get to any sports places or centers at the moment, I'm working with what I've got. This "plan" does meet my weight loss goal, and that is my main goal cardio and simple strength training.

So, if you do not want feedback, was there a reason for posting this?
    If the goal is to burn calories, anything that gets you moving would work. If the goal is to have a whole body workout, this is not it, because there is no upper to lower body balance.
    If the goal is to strenght train, this is not it, because there are much more efficient ways to get there.
    If the goal is something sustainable, this is not it, because no one can do this same intense cardio thing over and over again without (1) finally getting injured and (2) finally getting bored. Although injury will probably come first.
    This is not how you lose weight and make a lifestyle change, this plan is like crying "I am fat and want to lose weight NOW, summer is here and I need to look good in a bikini" while stomping your feet. Your heart is at the right place, but this is not how you will reach your goals.
  • preciousgirl012
    Options

If the goal is to burn calories, anything that gets you moving would work. If the goal is to have a whole body workout, this is not it, because there is no upper to lower body balance.
    If the goal is to strenght train, this is not it, because there are much more efficient ways to get there.
    If the goal is something sustainable, this is not it, because no one can do this same intense cardio thing over and over again without (1) finally getting injured and (2) finally getting bored. Although injury will probably come first.
    This is not how you lose weight and make a lifestyle change, this plan is like crying "I am fat and want to lose weight NOW, summer is here and I need to look good in a bikini" while stomping your feet. Your heart is at the right place, but this is not how you will reach your goals.

Who said I didn't want feedback? My goal mostly is to burn said calories. Insanity is definitely a sustainable workout as well as running regularly, this will not be a yearly plan just one to work with during the summer. Injury is a possibility in all that you do. So of course I will be careful and rest as I said above. Boredom isn't that big a factor I'm regularly bored as is. However I do plan on incorporating dance as well as basketball into this regimen. Definitely has helped me to lose weight as I've also said above I've previously used parts of this plan and have lost over 40+ doing so. The lifestyle change definitely comes more so within and through the diet which I've already begun to change. And this plan doesn't cry anything besides "I need to lose weight. Period." The thought of a bikini hasn't crossed my mind. Simply not being revolted by my weight before getting in the shower will suffice for now. My heart is in the right place I'm well aware. But sitting around or the slow and steady approach won't get me their either.
  • preciousgirl012
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    thats a very intense workout regimen.
    Obviously whatever works for you is good but id suggest being smarter with your workout, you actually don't need to do that level of exercise every day.

Work out your MHR and train within a 65-80% zone of this, this will encourage optimal fat burning, anything lower won't get the burn you need and anything higher is more aimed towards endurance training, i.e. marathon runners etc.

and obviously, diet is key, diet is 90% of fitness and weight loss, you have to have nutritionally rich, high protein, low carb/fat balanced diet to support your training otherwise you will never see the results you want

good luck.

If anything I may cut out the the small excercises. I think insanity and at least a mile a day wouldn't be bad. And I'm working on a pretty raw and lean diet as we speak so that's not too much of a problem. Thanks for the advice!
  • LKArgh
    edited June 2015
    Options

Who said I didn't want feedback? My goal mostly is to burn said calories. Insanity is definitely a sustainable workout as well as running regularly, this will not be a yearly plan just one to work with during the summer. Injury is a possibility in all that you do. So of course I will be careful and rest as I said above. Boredom isn't that big a factor I'm regularly bored as is. However I do plan on incorporating dance as well as basketball into this regimen. Definitely has helped me to lose weight as I've also said above I've previously used parts of this plan and have lost over 40+ doing so. The lifestyle change definitely comes more so within and through the diet which I've already begun to change. And this plan doesn't cry anything besides "I need to lose weight. Period." The thought of a bikini hasn't crossed my mind. Simply not being revolted by my weight before getting in the shower will suffice for now. My heart is in the right place I'm well aware. But sitting around or the slow and steady approach won't get me their either.

Just saw you are 19. Being revolted by your body at this age is usually more psychological than actually means your body is anywhere close as bad as you think. So, perhaps working on your self esteem with a therapist will help more than any exercise or training program on how you feel (no, I am not saying it is all in your head and to not lose weight, I am saying you need to learn to love yourself). As for the rest, thousands of people felt the same way as you do at your age "slow and steady is not for me". It is usually the beginning of yoyo weight fluctuations.
    What is your height and current weight? What is goal weight, goal weight loss rate and how much are you eating on average to fuel this type of workout?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Who said I didn't want feedback?

Your reaction says you don't really want feedback, you seem to be after validation.

To me, your plan lacks structure, progression or any clear objective. It appears to be a random collection of things, rather than a balanced programme of cardiovascular improvement and strength training that'll complement diet. Your other comments about diet suggest that you're not all that structured there either.

I'd also agree that your phrasing suggests an unhealthy outlook to how this might contribute to improving your situation.

What I'd suggest is defining your objectives, then plan from there. Do you want to run a distance? In which case work up a plan to do that. Do you want to lift a particular weight, or do a particular exercise? In that case train towards that.

Notwithstanding anything else, insanity, running, dance etc are all cardiovascular biased. You probably need to plan in some structured, progressive, strength training as well.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I smell a snark here.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I admire your enthusiasm, but the people advising you here are a lot more experienced and knowledgable than you; you should heed their advice.

Instead of taking the critique to heart, think of what your motivation and a properly designed diet and exercise plan could accomplish! This is a huge opportunity for you to reach your goals faster and more easily than you could on your own.
  • preciousgirl012
    Options

Your reaction says you don't really want feedback, you seem to be after validation.

To me, your plan lacks structure, progression or any clear objective. It appears to be a random collection of things, rather than a balanced programme of cardiovascular improvement and strength training that'll complement diet. Your other comments about diet suggest that you're not all that structured there either.

I'd also agree that your phrasing suggests an unhealthy outlook to how this might contribute to improving your situation.

What I'd suggest is defining your objectives, then plan from there. Do you want to run a distance? In which case work up a plan to do that. Do you want to lift a particular weight, or do a particular exercise? In that case train towards that.

Notwithstanding anything else, insanity, running, dance etc are all cardiovascular biased. You probably need to plan in some structured, progressive, strength training as well.

Feedback is more than welcome. However, general grouping of young teenage women into this "I need to fit into a bikini and booty shorts" type attitude is definitely not welcome. Simple critiques and advice are a blessing. Assumptions and belittling are not. Any thoughts on how I should incorporate said structured progressive strength training? lol
  • preciousgirl012
    Options
    I admire your enthusiasm, but the people advising you here are a lot more experienced and knowledgable than you; you should heed their advice.

Instead of taking the critique to heart, think of what your motivation and a properly designed diet and exercise plan could accomplish! This is a huge opportunity for you to reach your goals faster and more easily than you could on your own.

I actually am looking into some of the advice I've been given, but critiques laced with sexist inuoendos aren't helpful in any way. I'm hoping to get helpful pointers though!
  • preciousgirl012
    Options
    I smell a snark here.

Okay lol
  • preciousgirl012
    Options

Just saw you are 19. Being revolted by your body at this age is usually more psychological than actually means your body is anywhere close as bad as you think. So, perhaps working on your self esteem with a therapist will help more than any exercise or training program on how you feel (no, I am not saying it is all in your head and to not lose weight, I am saying you need to learn to love yourself). As for the rest, thousands of people felt the same way as you do at your age "slow and steady is not for me". It is usually the beginning of yoyo weight fluctuations.
    What is your height and current weight? What is goal weight, goal weight loss rate and how much are you eating on average to fuel this type of workout?

I do very much love myself. I'm pretty great if I do say so myself. :) But I do want to improve on some things that are as bad as I think they are. Age doesn't play a factor in that. If one feels like they can do better they should it's kind of that simple. Instead of reasoning my age or my sex for that matter to be the reason behind, in your eyes, my lack of a proper workout plan, maybe just maybe actually giving workout alternatives or ideas would be more helpful.
  • preciousgirl012
    Options

Oh and my diet is pretty great honestly, I've lost 10 pounds eating safe raw and fiber and protein rich healthy foods! I also eat pretty frequently throughout the day.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The only comment I have is that your strength routine doesn't include much in the way of progression. If all you want to do is burn calories, you can just run more. If your goal is to increase strength, then you should include progressive resistance. For example: doing decline push-ups or push ups with resistance bands.