Scary Gym Moments!

Options
JONZ64
JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
What was your scariest gym moment? I had mine this morning. I went to the gym, opened my bag and they were GONE my headphones were gone! I took drastic measures, went to areas of the gym that have minimal people, kept the mantra in my head "No eye contact, No eye contact" luckily there were some Yoga pants to focus on, Whew! I made it through my workout uninterrupted and conversation free :)

Replies

• CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I would agree, leaving something important at home is terrifying. I have left my headphones numerous times, miserable! The worst was when I left my regular bra at home and had to go to work after the gym so I had to wear my sweaty sports bra under my work clothes. I also left my work shoes once and had to wear my sneakers to work, but I think the bra incident was the worst. I need to keep back-ups in my car of such things.

Oh and once I went to a river boot camp class (water aerobics in an indoor river) and forgot my towel. Ugh, horrible.
  • dylan_a_fit
    dylan_a_fit Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    second time Squatting just over 500lbs and stopping mid squat, first time I ever dumped the bar
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used to workout on my lunch break and shower quickly before going back to the office. I forgot a towel and had to use paper towels to dry off...absolutely miserable....
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I really would not call this my 'scariest' gym moment - probably the 'funniest' (with an audience). Was teaching my boss how to play racquetball and told him that he needed to wear safety glasses - mainly because he'd turn around to see me hit the ball. He said he did not need to wear those 'sissy glasses'. He finally got some and then he finally stopped turning around. One time I hit the ball off the back wall and he was bent over ready for his turn; and the ball hit him in the crack of his butt - we all laughed about it making him 'get his panties in a wad'. The audience (overhead) gave he a lot of ribbing for quite a long time. I really wasn't a very good player; but, teaching him was fun. Then he started playing with the men after that.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    mkwrose wrote: »
    I would agree, leaving something important at home is terrifying. I have left my headphones numerous times, miserable! The worst was when I left my regular bra at home and had to go to work after the gym so I had to wear my sweaty sports bra under my work clothes. I also left my work shoes once and had to wear my sneakers to work, but I think the bra incident was the worst. I need to keep back-ups in my car of such things.

Oh and once I went to a river boot camp class (water aerobics in an indoor river) and forgot my towel. Ugh, horrible.

I keep a "Backup Kit" in my car: towel, shorts, underwear (I had to go commando too many times), socks and shoes, I will add headphones lol

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Forgetting your bra is definitely the worst. Going to work in a sweaty, strap-them-in-good bra sucks.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Nothing worse to me than forgetting my headphones. I won't be able to focus anything worth a damn without music
  • vadersaysno
    vadersaysno Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Mine was when this guy started disrespecting my wife because she was using a machine that he had decided he had to have dibs on because he was doing a "power set". He had nothing over near the machine or anything and started being rude to her. I stepped around and told him he needed to tone it down. He backed up and looked at me and said "this isn't your business. You need to go back over there" (and pointed to the machine I had been using). I replied "no, what you need to do is stop disrespecting my wife". A crowd started to gather around and he took off his glasses and rolled up his fists and started walking towards me. Keep in mind, I'm not built very big- he was about 2 inches shorter but much more muscular. I just stood there staring him down....waiting...as he kept stepping closer. Seeing that I wasn't going to budge, he stopped and says "next time just ask and it will be fine". I looked dead in his eyes and said "yeah, thought so"...as he started walking away to the other side of the gym (back to where he had been), my wife just yells "p*ssy!!". I wouldn't say "scariest" but that's probably my most prominent gym moment.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    JONZ64 wrote: »
    ... luckily there were some Yoga pants to focus on, Whew!

Item #4 on the list of reasons many women are too afraid/intimidated to go to the gym...

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    My scariest moment was hearing my pectoral tear with a pop sound like a 45 pound plate falling from a little distance to the ground.
  • vadersaysno
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    My scariest moment was hearing my pectoral tear with a pop sound like a 45 pound plate falling from a little distance to the ground.

I think you win.
  • kjauthier
    kjauthier Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Mine was when this guy started disrespecting my wife because she was using a machine that he had decided he had to have dibs on because he was doing a "power set". He had nothing over near the machine or anything and started being rude to her. I stepped around and told him he needed to tone it down. He backed up and looked at me and said "this isn't your business. You need to go back over there" (and pointed to the machine I had been using). I replied "no, what you need to do is stop disrespecting my wife". A crowd started to gather around and he took off his glasses and rolled up his fists and started walking towards me. Keep in mind, I'm not built very big- he was about 2 inches shorter but much more muscular. I just stood there staring him down....waiting...as he kept stepping closer. Seeing that I wasn't going to budge, he stopped and says "next time just ask and it will be fine". I looked dead in his eyes and said "yeah, thought so"...as he started walking away to the other side of the gym (back to where he had been), my wife just yells "p*ssy!!". I wouldn't say "scariest" but that's probably my most prominent gym moment.

Good for you, nothing worse than some roided up idiot posturing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    When I watched a power lifter have 500+ pound bench press slip from his hands and crush his chest. I ran over immediately to assist, but he passed out from the incident. Ambulance was called and he went to the ER. When I saw him the next time, he had broken his sternum, 4 ribs and a lacerated lung. And he was just 5'4" when he attempted that bench. With resistance bands.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vadersaysno
    Options
    kjauthier wrote: »

Good for you, nothing worse than some roided up idiot posturing.

I also grew up in the 'hood, so I don't get intimidated easily. My wife laughs because she says I have an "incredible hulk" thing going on. When I start getting really angry and the adrenaline starts flowing, my body starts shaking. She says that's when she knows it's time to worry that something is actually about to happen. Fortunately nothing has gone down.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I fell off the treadmill once .. It was actually pretty funny for everyone else :(

I've done that. I have a scar on my knee from it
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    1295000950_corgis-on-a-treadmill.gif
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Love that you stood up for your wife, and love that you didn't back down!
  • vadersaysno
    Options
    TiaBia9 wrote: »

Love that you stood up for your wife, and love that you didn't back down!

Thanks...she said she can take care of herself and doesn't understand why guys feel the need to go into "protection mode". That's just how I was brought up- not gonna let some d-bag talk to her like that.