Any fellow C25K'ers wanna be buddies?

Options
Well, this is my second time doing C25K. I first did it over 2 years ago and I ran at least 3 times a week for the following 2 years and built up to running about 10 miles whilst I trained for a half marathon but then a nasty virus took over and a few other issues which forced me to pretty much throw it all out the window the past 6 months.

So now I'm back and fighting fit and I actually feel ready to get back to it. I tried getting back to my usual 3 mile runs 3x a week about 4-6 weeks ago and before I knew it I was run down and sick again so I have decided to go very slow and build back up. So now I'm on week 2 of couch to 5k. I did the second workout this morning followed by a yoga class and will do the final workout on Thursday morning.

Is anyone else doing C25K? If so add me please. I made some wonderful friends on here last time I did it so would be nice to have some moral support again.

Replies

• Infamous624
    Infamous624 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just started the C25K this morning. I've always had a hard time running so I am really hoping this helps build up some speed and endurance for me and even keep me motivated to start running.
    I can definately use some motivation and support too!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think it helps with endurance definitely, but I found my speed naturally increased without too much difficulty after I built up my distance beyond 5k. I forgot how tough it can be. I think my body is feeling tired today because my HR was up before I'd even done anything haha
  • macacialli1981
    macacialli1981 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So excited for you guys starting C25k again. Like "FrustratedYoyoer" (the original poster) I've used the program a handful of times to get back on track after taking a break from running. I feel for ya - it's so hard to get knocked down by an injury or illness. I'm doing a program now called 10k for Pink which runs on the same interval idea as C25k. I'd be happy to keep sharing progress with you two. You can do it! WE can do it!

Melissa
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    Thanks Melissa :)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day 2. I have never been a runner and I'm proud of myself. My son loves to get in the stroller for a little run and that's my biggest motivation
  • alantaylor1985
    alantaylor1985 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just started C25K after about 10 years of zero running or cardio. Its hard going but enjoying it.

Anyone feel free to add me if you like
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    Pretty much just started C25K after about 10 years of zero running or cardio. Its hard going but enjoying it.

Anyone feel free to add me if you like

Thanks for the add :) i'm glad you are enjoying it. I am too. It's hard but I'm looking forward to getting to the stage where you can start to run a bit longer
  • fubsyfern
    fubsyfern Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! i'm about to go into week 4, and i'm terrified!!! it'll be nice to have friends who understand the struggle. =)
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm at the end of week 5, so feel free to add me! I've tried C25K in the past and never seemed to commit beyond a certain point, but I've learned to pace myself and not give up. I'm enjoying how my body is building stamina and endurance.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    Added you both, Strong and Rags2 :)
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting tomorrow. Please add me. This will be my 3rd time to do the C25K. Didn't finish it the first time and finished the 2nd but stopped running afterward.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    So glad to have met some others who are doing it. Im resting tomorrow as I've been to the gym the last 4 days and i need a break but i'll be back to it on Thursday :)
  • melb9999
    melb9999 Posts: 19 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I too just started C25K a couple weeks ago! I am so excited to work my way and be able to run my first 5k! I would love the extra motivation! :smile:
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! I'm on week 6 and struggling. I could use some more C25K pals. :)
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    Add me if you'd like! I'm on week 6 and struggling. I could use some more C25K pals. :)
    Why are you struggling?
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm currently experiencing knee and foot pain...pain on the bottom of my feet. Plantar fasciitis? Who knows. I'd been doing so well and now it's like two steps back. Running is such a game of mind over matter, too! I have a hard time pushing myself.

Glad you asked? :D
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I finished C25K about 6 weeks ago. What an accomplishment. The program is so great. Feel free to add me if anyone likes. Currently, I listen to Zombies Run while I'm out for my runs. Zombies Run also has a 5k training program that's a bit less structured than C25K. Both are great programs.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I'm currently experiencing knee and foot pain...pain on the bottom of my feet. Plantar fasciitis? Who knows. I'd been doing so well and now it's like two steps back. Running is such a game of mind over matter, too! I have a hard time pushing myself.

Glad you asked? :D

Do u think u are running too quick? That causes problems with my calf if i do x
  • BamaRunningGirl
    BamaRunningGirl Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I think I would love running. I have said so many times I Am going to start. Then when that times comes I never do. I am going to try it one more time. Anyone is welcome to add me. Maybe that's all I need is a little support and motivation.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    Options
    daugherty3 wrote: »
    I think I would love running. I have said so many times I Am going to start. Then when that times comes I never do. I am going to try it one more time. Anyone is welcome to add me. Maybe that's all I need is a little support and motivation.

Yes, just do it. What's stopping you?