Describe your Whoosh Fairy visits

Options
vinerie
vinerie Posts: 234 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I have temporarily stalled. I'm frustrated and annoyed as I've spent a ton of mental and physical energy on losing weight.

Anyhow, I know I am doing this right. But I've stalled nonetheless.

Then I remembered the magical whoosh fairy. Weight loss is not linear. I took a look back at my weight loss chart and noticed I once lost 4.4 pounds in four days about a month ago. If that's not a whoosh, I don't know what is.

I thought it might help me and others in my situation to hear about various "whooshes." So take a look at your weight log (those that weigh in regularly) and describe your whooshes as I patiently wait for my next one!!

Replies

• stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Held at 158lbs for 2+ weeks, this morning down to 155lbs. That's a woosh from yesterday. I weigh almost daily.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I seesawed up and down with the same pound of water weight for 6 weeks. Then I lost two pounds from Friday to Sunday this past weekend.

I swear there's no logic, only magic. :)
  • courtniekrebs
    courtniekrebs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't have but I weighed my self right after having surgery and saw a number that made me cry... then this morning it was down. 4 lbs. Made me realize there will be fluctuations and to breathe and not stress out
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    A week after my period starts - whoosh!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I was down 3 pounds overnight when I weighed this morning, which took me lower than I was for all of May. Make sure your logging is as accurate as possible in the meantime while you wait.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    lol I whoosh about every third or fourth week... before then I'm usually less than a pound a week (despite staying near or slightly under calories) then WHOOSH! 3 or 4 pounds gone in a week. I wish that fairy would make more frequent visits.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I was 190 yesterday and today I am 185.4. Thinking scale might be going crazy. I guess I will weigh tomorrow and see if it's still around the same?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I held around 202-203 for about a month before I saw that fabled 199 and below. I don't get a lot of wooshes, but that was the most memorable because I have been over 200lbs for almost 8 years.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Whoosh doesn't even look like a word anymore. Hehe. Whooooooossshhh.
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    This past week, I lost 4.4 pounds in 2 days. It's rare I lose more than 1.5 in an entire week. :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for a big drop in the next week or so.

But absolutely do not google whoosh fairy, especially image search. Cannot be unseen.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    I think I had a visit from the dark whoosh fairy not too long ago. Ate terrible hotel food during a short business visit. Short after the second hotel dinner I saw on the hotel room scale that my weight went up, and stayed there for neary 2 weeks, until the dark fairy was finally chased away by the light one. Normally, water weight gain from traveling only lasts for 1-2 days after the return flight, thus this was new for me.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I found I had lost 4 and a half pounds on this morning's weekly weigh in. I have been averaging 2. I don't know how it happened, but I will take what the gods send and be grateful☺
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for 80 days and fluctuating between the same five pounds. I've been doing resistance training and told myself that the scale was not going to be my friend but I was still concerned. Whoosh, those five pounds were gone in two days this week and they've stayed off. I'm still going up slightly after a workout, but I'm staying around that lower mark. I fit into size smaller jeans and shirts this week. My belt is almost three inches smaller too. At 6 lbs total lost, I'm right at the average of .5/week I should be for the amount I need to lose. It just waited to go all at once.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Every woman will gain some bloat before her period and lose it during. I'm down 4.6lbs this week. Most of that, sadly, is water.

My goal for PMS times is generally just not to gain. If I manage not to gain, I'll drop a ton during and right after my period. :) It evens out.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For me it's the week after the end of my period. I lost 3-5 pounds in 5 days every time... then stopped losing until the next period.

Even now that I've been maintaining for a year, I gain a couple pounds when I ovulate (I have massive ovarian cysts, that might account for it), then lose them again the week after my period. But when I skip a period, I keep the extra couple pounds.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have a mental image of op waking up like its Christmas morning and creeping to the scale to see if the swoosh fairy has been!
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I went from 135 yesterday to 133.7 today. Doesn't seem like a lot, but that's a big whoosh for me since I have just a little to lose. And since I ate 2500 calories yesterday. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have a mental image of op waking up like its Christmas morning and creeping to the scale to see if the swoosh fairy has been!

I can always tell, because I spend a day having to pee every 10 minutes. It totally sucks. I went to Six Flags with another family once that day and had to stop at every single restroom. So annoying. But yeah, always nice to weigh myself the next morning.
  • Melvicmurphy
    Melvicmurphy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Like others it's tom for me, Just towards the end 3 or 4 pounds whooosh away then it's back to 1 pound or nothing for the rest of the month!