Describe your Whoosh Fairy visits

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this last night, absorbed any whoosh that would be forthcoming!
    7tx7o0qxeity.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me it's the week after the end of my period. I lost 3-5 pounds in 5 days every time... then stopped losing until the next period.

Even now that I've been maintaining for a year, I gain a couple pounds when I ovulate (I have massive ovarian cysts, that might account for it), then lose them again the week after my period. But when I skip a period, I keep the extra couple pounds.

Your cysts aren't going to be that big! You'd get torsion injuries on your ovaries if they were, like someone on too much Clomid.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that the scale is being mean to me, and I can't trust it and it will go back up tomorrow. I wonder if my 5 lb drop overnight is still there? Hmm...okay off to check...
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I held steady for two weeks then had a 3 lb drop over the next few days. I almost gave up and I am so glad I didnt!
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I get the whoosh every 2-3 weeks, ranging from 1-5 lbs, typically 3-4 lbs. The drop happens over the course of several days. It's been this way for about a year. The longer the plateau (so-to-speak), the bigger the whoosh.

And agreeing with @Francl27 , suddenly having to pee A LOT and a lot more often is a good sign a whoosh is right around the corner.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    K, I'm back up to 188.2 so whoosh fairy disappeared...still don't trust my scale.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Does it count if I whoosh up?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I get this. Usually my fat gets melty looking, then I'll drop to a strange low number, then back up a pound and even out. It can take me weeks and weeks to lose anything on the scale.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a big drop in the next week or so.

But absolutely do not google whoosh fairy, especially image search. Cannot be unseen.

Sheer curiosity makes me want to google that instantly, however I'm scared
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    A double dose of prescription movicol aids any stalls for me!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for 80 days and fluctuating between the same five pounds. I've been doing resistance training and told myself that the scale was not going to be my friend but I was still concerned. Whoosh, those five pounds were gone in two days this week and they've stayed off. I'm still going up slightly after a workout, but I'm staying around that lower mark. I fit into size smaller jeans and shirts this week. My belt is almost three inches smaller too. At 6 lbs total lost, I'm right at the average of .5/week I should be for the amount I need to lose. It just waited to go all at once.

Great news! Weight training requires a whole new kind of patience with the scale. But from what I see in people's pictures, it is the best way toward body transformation!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me it's the week after the end of my period. I lost 3-5 pounds in 5 days every time... then stopped losing until the next period.

Even now that I've been maintaining for a year, I gain a couple pounds when I ovulate (I have massive ovarian cysts, that might account for it), then lose them again the week after my period. But when I skip a period, I keep the extra couple pounds.

I ALWAYS gained 2Lbs when I ovulated. I assumed it was just hormones, like before ToM.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »

But absolutely do not google whoosh fairy, especially image search. Cannot be unseen.

e1q9rnpcehw9.jpg

He's sparkly!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I love that you all understand patiently awaiting the "drop." Now I have a new mental image for it: "patiently awaiting the whoosh fairy." LOVE IT! (Alas, I am also waiting right now...when will she arrive?)
  • Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Waiting here too - since before Memorial Day. Hopefully she gets to me soon!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I guess mine came over the weekend, about 2 lbs off since Saturday. I set up a hidden camera and caught a picture of mine. Somehow not so sparkly. :-/

2n2mz6gf5n4s.jpg
  • 3JinItaly
    3JinItaly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It literally just happened today. Once the period is over, off it all comes!! The stinky part is the rest of the month it doesn't move!!!
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    cazbit wrote: »

e1q9rnpcehw9.jpg

He's sparkly!

Oh now if that's the whoosh fairy he is more than welcome to stalk my scale!!!

Muchas Gracias for the mid afternoon hot man pick me up xx