Sick a lot more!

Options
2»

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said re: nutrition and sleep...
    Plus
    Have your son wash his hands (and face, preferably) when he gets home... Kids track in more germs than mud...
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    What everyone else said re: nutrition and sleep...
    Plus
    Have your son wash his hands (and face, preferably) when he gets home... Kids track in more germs than mud...

That's a great idea, thanks!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Just the opposite--I am sick much less.

Don't base any conclusions on this last year. It was a horrible cold and flu season, and the flu vaccine really did not provide great coverage.

Having kids is likely the problem--they are little vectors. Wash, wash, wash their hands, teach them the proper way to sneeze, etc.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that their immune system has gone to crap since restricting calories? I seem to be sick all the time now, often only having like 3 days of 'well' before I come down with another cold. Makes it really hard to work out too :( I'm losing weight, and still being active but man I wish I could just feel well doing it!

I haven't been getting sick. I feel much better than I did.
    What others said about making different food choices could be helpful.
    Are you getting enough rest?

I'm probably not getting enough rest. I work two night shifts a month, and I'm up with my kids 2-3 times a night.

I've got to say, I am very surprised about the diet comments. I feel like I eat pretty good most days and I drive my family nuts with the amount of vegetables I usually serve. I'll go back and review my diet, because I guess my perception is different than what others see!

Up until the last couple of days I would not say you were eating a balanced, nutrient dense diet. I see lots of packaged convenience foods, sweets, and very few fresh vegetables, fruits, etc. On May 31 your lunch was a small bit of sugary yogurt and 1000 calories of potato chips and your dinner was chips and salsa.
    The last few days have been GREAT. Hope you're feeling better!
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes, the crappy food days were the exception, not the norm, and I was logging them for accountability. The last few days are a better representation of how I normally eat. A lot of days I don't bother logging, because it's the same foods and I know they are within my calorie goal.