• HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    yeah, I have no problem with that.
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I agree confidence but not cocky

Totally agree with this. Confidence is very attractive. That said, you can be attractive as hell, but if you're an arrogant prick, then it totally negates your hotness.
  • kenneth_charles
    kenneth_charles Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    :p
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been told that I get flirted with without even knowing it. I guess I am the opposite of the guy that thinks, "Oh, she's talking to me! She must like me!"
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    joesgal22 wrote: »
    Why is it men say that they are usually not sure that they are being flirted with? Just curious.

I'm a chick and most of the time, I have no clue if someone is flirting with me. People are complicated!

Ditto! I have no clue unless it is shameless, over the top flirting with the cheesy lines
  • jezzyrae
    jezzyrae Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Flirting is a yes.
  • belleamore1234
    belleamore1234 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves a flirt
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves a flirt

exactly
  • TigerLilly98a
    TigerLilly98a Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person and the intension
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    Yes! What I don't understand - why do men flirt and then not follow through with asking for a date. A gentleman, friend flirted hot & heavy for an extended period of time then didn't ask me out. We are both single, age compatible and have similar interests. When he didn't ask, I shifted gears and decided not to waste my time. He is still a good friend, but he will stay in the friend zone. My position, step up or step off. >:)

Not to pick on you, but this is something that drives me a little nutty. Why the heck didn't YOU just ask him out if you were interested? He likely could have felt the same... Just sayin'.

Different generation. I believe in some old fashioned dating customs.... If a man wants a date, he calls in advance, plans the evening, opens doors etc. I value my time and energy. If he wants me to pay attention then he will make the effort.

Would you rather date a man or treats you like one of the guys (always available, no planning, doesn't open the car door) or a man who treats you like a lady? Respect and integrity are always appropriate.
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Used to
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    No, we just hang out on the forums so we can laugh at everyone else.

Rate the person above you?
    Favorite feature of the person above you?
    Would you ____________the person above you?

LOL, you get the picture!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I have no idea of the flirting rules and cant be arsed to google them. ;)
  • TigerLilly98a
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »

I'm sure you can figure them out
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

Are you flirting with me? ;)
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I don't know what this "flirting" thing means, and would like to try it out.... can someone (female) send me a PM to show me how its done please..... *snigger*
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yes! What I don't understand - why do men flirt and then not follow through with asking for a date. A gentleman, friend flirted hot & heavy for an extended period of time then didn't ask me out. We are both single, age compatible and have similar interests. When he didn't ask, I shifted gears and decided not to waste my time. He is still a good friend, but he will stay in the friend zone. My position, step up or step off. >:)

Not to pick on you, but this is something that drives me a little nutty. Why the heck didn't YOU just ask him out if you were interested? He likely could have felt the same... Just sayin'.

Different generation. I believe in some old fashioned dating customs.... If a man wants a date, he calls in advance, plans the evening, opens doors etc. I value my time and energy. If he wants me to pay attention then he will make the effort.

Would you rather date a man or treats you like one of the guys (always available, no planning, doesn't open the car door) or a man who treats you like a lady? Respect and integrity are always appropriate.

I think where we disagree is that I think you can have all those things out of a relationship: mutual respect, etc. I don't think that you expressing interest and physically saying the words "would you like to go on a date?" undermine the level of respect you'd receive.

Just because I made the first move, doesn't mean a man going to treat me "like one of the guys". It does mean that I value my own time and energy; if I've put in weeks flirting with someone (which I wouldn't do without a date anyway) I'd rather follow through than go "eh, time to move on. He's not following the schedule I've set in my head and haven't bothered to discuss with him".

We just have different dating philosophies. I hope that you can find a good, straight forward gent like you're looking for :)
  • TigerLilly98a
    Options

Are you flirting with me? ;)

Depends, would you like me to be? LOL
  • EricNewark
    EricNewark Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Flirting is fun but can be mistaken too. When I was single I look back and realize several times I was flirted with and didn't know it since I was oblivious. Now I'm married so not allowed. :)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Hell no! Flirting is disgusting and is the devil!! >:)