Dinner Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Sometimes breakfast. Decent lunch. Big dinner. Same same... But different :p

^ That's what I do. I would advise against hoarding calories for the end of the day because I feel it's more sustainable to feel comfortably full after lunch, but it's a habit that a lot of people have. Dinner is still my biggest meal.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the lone dissenting voice here BUT, I recently read the results of a published study comparing two groups, the first ate at will the second ate the majority of calories before 3 PM. All other variables being controlled the second group lost more weight than the first. Like other things in our bodies, metabolism has a baseline but is not linear. There are times it is more active. So what you eat and when you eat it does matter. By way of example, if you're going to do vigorous exercise you take your carbs at least 60 minutes before and have protein WITH carbs within 30 minutes following.

Were all of the participant eating the same calorie deficit based on their individual starting weight and activity level? Were all of the participants weighing and logging all of their food? Did all of the participants start out needing to loose the same amount of weight? How many participants were there in the study?

Was the researcher who did this study able to duplicate his results under the exact same circumstances using a different set of subjects?