$100 for a pair of jeans..would you do it?

Options

Replies

• alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have spent that and way more on jeans. There is such a huge difference in quality and fit and feel with designer jeans compared to cheap ones. If they make you feel great then why not?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't for jeans, but i have for a dress, or gaming equipment.

if it makes you happy, and you can afford it, do it!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I spend what I need to to get jeans that look good. If I can get a $50 pair at an A&F sale, great, but if I can only find what I want in a designer pair, then I buy that. I am guilty of buying $300 jeans and even higher...but I wear them all the time so they're a good wardrobe investment. Certainly better than my gorgeous but impractical Louboutins that only see daylight a couple times a year.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Buy them if you really like them. A good pair of jeans can last a loooong time. What kind are you looking at?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If I had a six-figure income, maybe...
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I would definitely buy them. Good jeans are an excellent investment for any wardrobe. I wish I could find cheap jeans that fit me and kept their shape, but Silvers are pretty much all I buy these days. Maybe after I lose some weight.

Find a cute pair that fits perfectly. I can almost promise that you won't regret it. You'll feel great every time you put them on and likely receive compliments all the time :)

For whoever mentioned Nordstrom Rack- love, love, LOVE that store!!
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am loving the feedback. So, many diverse opinions (reminds me of my brain on it :laugh: )

And yes, the bills & life responsibilities would all be met (and met again) before spending on clothes. There is a roof over my head, food on the table, and the bills are paid. I definitely used a loose translation of the word 'poor'. It is more like I would definitely need to save up and plan for it. However, just because you could does not mean you should, sort of thing.

I am definitely going to check into the quality, this is the perfect deal breaker! I really hope people are like "These things are terrible!" lol
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I always said I'd never spend that much on jeans but alas, I recently broke down and was talked into buying a pair of Miss Me's. I very rarely wear jeans but when I do, I am very picky about how they fit and am shaped weird (thick calves, big wide booty, low narrow waist). I've searched everywhere for jeans that would fit right, I'd be comfortable in and not look like an old lady from behind (you ladies know what I'm talking about)! Problem solved & I love them!!

Given that I will probably wear these things for the next 10 years, I'd say that $10 per year is pretty cheap!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy them but then again, I haven't worn jeans in years.

I prefer thick jeggings or jodpurs. :D
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    you do not typically spend a lot of money on clothes... either do i. generally i only buy what i need, and try to get them at bargain prices. but if i find something that is very flattering, as long as it's something i will wear a lot i will buy them in a heartbeat even if they are more than i would normally spend. i wear my lululemon yoga pants all the time and those cheaper ones just sit in the drawer. so those cheaper ones... were a waste of money! since you're not buying $100 jeans every month, you should definitely get them as a reward for all your hard work.
  • Fit_Kenzie
    Fit_Kenzie Posts: 124
    Options
    buy them!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    There is place called forever21 where I can get 5 pairs with that money lol. So for me no but am a guy what do i know.

and a place here called Ross where I bought what are now my FAVORITE pair of jeans in the world for like $13.

This. I don't think it's worth it. I too, am a poor cat and would rather save that money for bills, groceries, or maybe a dinner or two out with my boyfriend.

I too get all my jeans at Ross and am extremely happy with them. Sometimes Target has good deals too. Sorry, I just can't justify spending, but since you are thinking you can justify it maybe you can make it work for you.
  • Leverty35
    Leverty35 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do it - Once you hit your goal! You will have worked hard for them and you deserve them. Don't look at it as spending $100. Look at it as a huge accomplishment. They will be a reminder of how hard you worked and how good you now feel. Every time you put them on they will be an instant confidence booster. Don't deny yourself this simple pleasure.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    If the fit, cut and denim is good...absolutely.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Sure. Hell, I've already done it on a couple of pairs. My rationale is that I practically live in jeans. I keep them practically forever. Seriously - I just got rid of a pair I've been wearing for 18 yrs, and only because the fabric's gotten so thin in the butt, inner thighs, and knees that they are literally see-through.

I'm willing to spend an extra $100 to feel great in clothes that I'm spending that much time in.

ETA: I'm at a stage in life where I have extra money for this kind of thing. If you're concerned about bills, etc, then no. Not worth it.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The only item of clothing I'm willing to pay $100+ for is shoes. You can't replace your feet so treat them right!
    Yeah! Leg and butt replacement is easy!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Yep - treat yourself! :)
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Buy them if you really like them. A good pair of jeans can last a loooong time. What kind are you looking at?

Miss Me Jeans =)
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would. I wear my jeans A LOT so it's worth it IMO. :)