$100 for a pair of jeans..would you do it?

Options

Replies

• mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you can't afford them don't buy them. On the other hand I pay that much for jeans almost everytime I buy a pair. I am six feet tall and need extra long jeans and boy are they hard to find (36 inseam for a girl). They are great quality and last years though. If they make my *kitten* look good and are long enough...I say hell yeah!
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    There is place called forever21 where I can get 5 pairs with that money lol. So for me no but am a guy what do i know.

^^^ Agreed! I guess I think like a guy, lol.

Jeans no, maybe $60-70 tops. Now if we're talking shoes.....
  • MerBear1985
    MerBear1985 Posts: 131
    Options
    If it's something you really want I say why not? As long as you have the money for it and are not going to put yourself in the poor house. I have a really hard time finding jeans that fit me due to my shape (not necessarily my size, just my shape) and so when I do find them I feel like I would pay a mint for them!!!

But in the end you have to do what you want and what makes you comfortable. :)
  • chayden78
    chayden78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do it! How many pairs of cheap jeans do you own that you don't like? For me, a couple of higher end jeans that fit me perfectly are better than 10 pairs of cheap jeans that fit me so so.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would never spend $100 on a pair of jeans. LOL No way no how!! But then I am someone who never would buy jeans with a name on them when I was younger. I used to say WTH why would I want their name on my rear...LOL
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    No way I will ever pay $100.00 for a pair of jeans I could buy 3 or 4 pairs with that much money. But that is me :noway:
  • GoClaireGo
    GoClaireGo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would not spend that. I get too much smug satisfaction out of looking good in clothes that are cheap cheap cheap. I would especially not spend that if I had other jeans that are already getting the job done. I have friends that own 20 pairs of jeans that fit them. DUMB.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i am pretty surprised at the responses. GOOD jeans make your body look incredible.

definitely check out consignment stores that only carry high end brands.

there is a place here called poor little rich girl and i can get 7s, joe's, and just about every other brand
    you can think of for like 60 bucks. but i have also spent 150 on jeans.

i live in scrubs or workout clothes though, so i don't mind spending the extra money.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I would buy them!
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    i am pretty surprised at the responses. GOOD jeans make your body look incredible.

definitely check out consignment stores that only carry high end brands.

there is a place here called poor little rich girl and i can get 7s, joe's, and just about every other brand
    you can think of for like 60 bucks. but i have also spent 150 on jeans.

i live in scrubs or workout clothes though, so i don't mind spending the extra money.

nothing beats great fitting clothes :)

I also feel the same about shoes, it is worth paying extra - especially if you are going to be on your feet a lot.

if they are a better quality you end up saving money longterm by spending more many times :) when I worked in retail I kept buying these 15-20$ dress pants but they were falling apart in 2 months - I would have been better off long term by buying a couple of higher end pants that lasted a couple of years :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'd go buy more workout clothes. Or a 49er jersey.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    go for it....I have spent more than that for Gucci sunglasses which I bought in 1995..Its worth it to buy quality it last forever!!!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    There is place called forever21 where I can get 5 pairs with that money lol. So for me no but am a guy what do i know.

^^^ Agreed! I guess I think like a guy, lol.

Jeans no, maybe $60-70 tops. Now if we're talking shoes.....

Forever 21 is low quality crap that never lasts. Hence why it's cheap.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I would do it. I HAVE done it. $120 at Buckle for the most amazing, flattering perfect jeans I've ever owned. And I'll do it again, just as soon as I'm sure I'm not going to drop another size.
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    Only if someone else paid for them. I'm alot like you in that sense. Labels do no not make the wearer more beautiful. Its all about the girl who can rock a pair of Levis for half the price.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. When I get my tax return, the first thing I do is buy a $200 pair of jeans (Paige brand...they're amazing) and they're worth every penny. If you're like me and wear jeans nearly every day during the fall/winter/spring....$100 is not a big deal to spend on them. And they'll probably last forever.

Paige are AMAZING! However, I get them at Nordstrom's Rack for like $70-$100. Problem is, as others pointed out, they are running big, I thought I was done losing weight. I was right about the weight part not the shape part.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Practical? We are talking about looking great in a pair of jeans! Come on that is MAGICAL! Forget practical!

Why do I say that?
    Because you will wear those jeans and look amazing. You will feel amazing. You will be excited and exercise harder and stay within your calorie goals because of those jeans. You will even get to goal weight sooner.

Don't wait for goal weight girlfriend, make goal weight come to you!

Time to go shopping.

Pretty much this. As I'm either getting a pair of rag+bone jeans or Citizens of Humanity haha
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Only if they were kevlar lined, like motorcycle riding jeans are typically made.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If I had more money, I'd do it. But since I don't, there's no way in hell is spend that much money on Jeans.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    lol!!! NOPE! I buy most of my clothes at Ross' or on sale. jeans for me have to be under $25 - $30. I won't buy a dress over $100 either! :D Oh, I am pure chinese, so that may have somethin to do with it.