My carbs are high from eating fruits any suggestions

Options
hey everyone I don't know if you guys are having the same problem as me but if I eat 2 bananas or even 3 bananas a day n half avocado my carbs are going over... But I am alway under my calories it's just my carbs are sky high after eating some fruits.... Will fruits affect my weight loss? Do you guys add fruits to you diary or leave them out since there good? I don't know what to do I really wish MFP would just not include the good carbs (fruits) as part of the diary.... Any suggestions on how to control my carbs with fruits? Thanks

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    If you are under calories do not worry about too many carbs, especially from fruits.
  • Sher0712
    Sher0712 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    If you are under calories do not worry about too many carbs, especially from fruits.

Ok thank you cause I replace fruits instead of eating junk food when am still hungry and to stay under my calories
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Remember you only need to limit your carbs if your on a low carb diet or you have a health issue where your doctor has asked you to cut them back. If it's just about weight loss then it comes down to simply keeping under the calorie goal MFP set for you. You said you're doing that so enjoy the bananas. Just don't lose sight of hitting your other macro goals like fat and protein. The longer you're on a weight loss program the more vital it is that you are making sure you are eating a properly balanced diet.
  • ashtonsith
    ashtonsith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi carb low fat diet is the way to go! unprocessed carbs are totally good. Raw fruits and veggies are the main ingredients in losing weight.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Sher0712 wrote: »
    hey everyone I don't know if you guys are having the same problem as me but if I eat 2 bananas or even 3 bananas a day n half avocado my carbs are going over... But I am alway under my calories it's just my carbs are sky high after eating some fruits.... Will fruits affect my weight loss? Do you guys add fruits to you diary or leave them out since there good? I don't know what to do I really wish MFP would just not include the good carbs (fruits) as part of the diary.... Any suggestions on how to control my carbs with fruits? Thanks

My order of importance 1) Calories 2) Macros 3) Micros
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Oh its Mr Boiler.

This is going to get good. :)
  • Sher0712
    Sher0712 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Sher0712 wrote: »

My order of importance 1) Calories 2) Macros 3) Micros

This is how I do it too

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Any fruits (indeed any food with calories) I measure and log. Just because they're "good" calories doesn't mean they won't put you over your target if you have a fair bit of them. Bananas and avocados are particularly high calorie for fruits due to their sugar and fat contents respectively. Bananas being high sugar will also add to the carbs in your diary.

I don't worry about the carbs, but I get plenty of protein and fat from other sources so my macros balance out. If you are trying to be low carb for some particular reason, you'd probably need to cut back on the bananas in particular and balance with some protein.
  • LindseyEdmonds19
    LindseyEdmonds19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat fruit with fat or protein then they do not affect my weight loss. The protein or fat help to slow down the affects sugar on the body.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Keep eating fruit.
  • sweetd6
    sweetd6 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love fruit and eat lots but I stay away from bananas, they are especially high in carbs and calories for a fruit. All berries are lower in both and so yummy. But my favorite fruit of the moment are cherries, about 5 calories each, and 10 is a perfect serving for me, so about half the calories/carbs of a banana.