Seeking: Someone who will tell it like it is

Options
124»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    GWehsling wrote: »
    I'll tell it how it is: If you need this kind of service or management you will almost certainly fail.

That Sergeant Major that you wish to micro-manage your diary and hold you accountable has to be you and you alone.

This times a million....

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I would probably delete a friend if they asked me why it was okay that I had cake for breakfast.

Also this.
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    srazamora wrote: »
    Is this your attempt at injecting humor or are you just really that impressed with yourself?

@srazamora More of the former, none of the latter. If I was really that impressed with myself, I think I would have pictures of me shirtless and flexing.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    A friend on here seemed to be getting a little off track. I inquired as to what was going on, and blah blah excuse blah was followed with, "I'll get started on Monday." My replay was WTF is so special about Monday?" (this was on a Wed-Thu). Supposedly, this person was back on track the next day. Blunt. Honest. Direct. But positive when I can!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm not that kind of "friend." I believe in benign negligence. If you ask for help I'll give it my best, but I'm never gonna ask someone why they ate cake. I'm assuming it was none of my business and maybe the cake fit their calories for that day. I had popeyes chicken for breakfast one day last week. I got a couple of comments on it but it fit my day. And cold fried chicken is delicious.
  • trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    So long as I can still eat chocolate (within my calorie goal of course).

100% agree!!
  • KenSD
    KenSD Posts: 229 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have cake/pie for breakfast, also speghetti or soup..supper sometimes oatmeal....I've lost 114 lbs on Nutrisystem over the years..and I don't play by the book either....I can't my job is driving on call 24/7....so a routine is out....only thing I track like a religion is my calories in and out...these ones who do a 9-5 job and sit and say you should do this or you should do that drive me crazy.....the science is all approximate and is VERY generalized.the numbers are generalization as well....we all metabolize at different rates and food reacts in different ways for different people....I do what works for me...I experiment....I twist the numbers to work...and 114 lbs later? yeah it works for me at 64! don't even throw them numbers at me and scientific data.....live the real world....Thanks....:)

Have a great day!

oh yeah.because of my weirdo job...I have to borrow calories from tomorrow to pay today and I pay them back the next day or so..... :) I track my calories daily but I go by WEEKLY totals instead....and it works for me...
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    So you want somebody to yell at you after the fact? Maybe you should seek someone that can help you plan low cal nutritious meals.
  • srazamora
    srazamora Posts: 4,223 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My food yesterday was 2 take-outs and alcohol so I think I'll pass lol
    :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
  • missmatalini
    missmatalini Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want this! Add me!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm a blunt person but I wouldn't want to be someone's emotional punching bag or to dish it out that way. To me- if you need someone to tell you to do something you shouldn't you aren't really ready this. If I want cake; I'll eat cake and watch the pounds fall off while I eat every bite. Good luck!