"Fed Up" & Recommended Sugar Intake

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited June 2015
    Why does it matter what the threads state. I find it hilarious to downright on-the-floor laughable that people think there are enough experts on the forums to make them more legitimate than a documentary. I have my own issues with the documentary - but on the base level - it's obvious that refined carbs are having a real impact on the general population. Those who avoid them (like me) find that it's easy to maintain weight - and eat more food in volume and have the energy to operate throughout the day in any capacity.

Who says it's not MFP staff/moderators just conjuring up something here to create activity on the forum. Why would it have to be anyone individual on the outside - if anything, there's more incentive for MFP staff/mods to pose fake accounts and create posts like this to enflame the masses and keep the forums active.

Whatever the case - all I know is I am a lot healthier avoiding refined carbs and sticking to a whole foods diet. More probably than not is what I like to say - better off to be on this side of it than the other side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=84281&d=1345911106
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Note to self:
    Conjure up a documentary knowing that most people won't fact check or are incapable of fact checking
    cherry-pick data for or against a food boogeyman (oh noes its a big food conspiracy)
    ???????
    profit
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Note to self:
    Conjure up a documentary knowing that most people won't fact check or are incapable of fact checking
    cherry-pick data for or against a food boogeyman (oh noes its a big food conspiracy)
    ???????
    profit

You can use buzz words and artsy camera angles and everyone would think you were legit.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Note to self:
    ???????
    profit

You can use buzz words and artsy camera angles and everyone would think you were legit.

She's right, you know.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Why does it matter what the threads state. I find it hilarious to downright on-the-floor laughable that people think there are enough experts on the forums to make them more legitimate than a documentary. I have my own issues with the documentary - but on the base level - it's obvious that refined carbs are having a real impact on the general population. Those who avoid them (like me) find that it's easy to maintain weight - and eat more food in volume and have the energy to operate throughout the day in any capacity.

All that applies to me as well, but I don't cut out refined carbs. So now NDJ and I's n=2 study beats your n=1.

• raelynnsmama52512
    Hornsby wrote: »

All that applies to me as well, but I don't cut out refined carbs. So now NDJ and I's n=2 study beats your n=1.

But, but, that's not how it's supposed to work! You know, the evil carbs are the root of all the problems and why we're all fat! :naughty:
  • ndj1979
    Hornsby wrote: »

boom! science!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Any threads mentioning documentaries like this and people like doctor oz should be automatically erased for being dangerous.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I now want to watch this documentary...for the laughs.
  • ndj1979

Who says it's not MFP staff/moderators just conjuring up something here to create activity on the forum. Why would it have to be anyone individual on the outside - if anything, there's more incentive for MFP staff/mods to pose fake accounts and create posts like this to enflame the masses and keep the forums active.

Whatever the case - all I know is I am a lot healthier avoiding refined carbs and sticking to a whole foods diet. More probably than not is what I like to say - better off to be on this side of it than the other side.

You're reasonableness and insight and intelligence stick out like a sore thumb on this thread. Good on you. Thank god the other posts are just that. Posts. Harmless :)

LOL
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    ndj1979 wrote: »

You're reasonableness and insight and intelligence stick out like a sore thumb on this thread. Good on you. Thank god the other posts are just that. Posts. Harmless :)

LOL

Seconded. I'd also add, "Wow".
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    So those Documentaries on Ancient Aliens are true ? :D
  • ndj1979
    isulo_kura wrote: »

well those guys obviously know more than a bunch of MFP people, so yea....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    yes, and aliens caused the WT attacks... it's a fact.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    MFP should get commission for how many times this dumb movie gets promoted here.
  • ndj1979
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    MFP should get commission for how many times this dumb movie gets promoted here.

maybe they are....

• raelynnsmama52512

Beautiful, just beautiful! :laugh:
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member

Maybe they already do and that's why we see a new thread every day. **Gets tin foil hat**
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Troutsy wrote: »

Maybe they already do and that's why we see a new thread every day. **Gets tin foil hat**

There are actually some very fashionable ones out there, too! Maybe that's why conspiracy theories are so trendy these days.

tinfoil-hat-2.jpg

f4004b7e62b25a7bf6b5988b90332348.jpg
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Troutsy wrote: »

Dude! You just sold them out! You know they'll be coming for you now! Do you even know what they do to people like you?! Horrible things, man! Now we gotta make you disappear, and fast! :lol: