Replies

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    lol spam post is spam
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    MFP should get commission for how many times this dumb movie gets promoted here.

Maybe they already do and that's why we see a new thread every day. **Gets tin foil hat**

Dude! You just sold them out! You know they'll be coming for you now! Do you even know what they do to people like you?! Horrible things, man! Now we gotta make you disappear, and fast! :lol:

Ah crap I knew I messed up. I hear knocking at my door :o It's been real guys :D
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    MFP should get commission for how many times this dumb movie gets promoted here.

Maybe they already do and that's why we see a new thread every day. **Gets tin foil hat**

Dude! You just sold them out! You know they'll be coming for you now! Do you even know what they do to people like you?! Horrible things, man! Now we gotta make you disappear, and fast! :lol:

Ah crap I knew I messed up. I hear knocking at my door :o It's been real guys :D

Noooo! Why'd ya do it, man?!?! :cry: :laugh:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Why does it matter what the threads state. I find it hilarious to downright on-the-floor laughable that people think there are enough experts on the forums to make them more legitimate than a documentary. I have my own issues with the documentary - but on the base level - it's obvious that refined carbs are having a real impact on the general population. Those who avoid them (like me) find that it's easy to maintain weight - and eat more food in volume and have the energy to operate throughout the day in any capacity.

Who says it's not MFP staff/moderators just conjuring up something here to create activity on the forum. Why would it have to be anyone individual on the outside - if anything, there's more incentive for MFP staff/mods to pose fake accounts and create posts like this to enflame the masses and keep the forums active.

Whatever the case - all I know is I am a lot healthier avoiding refined carbs and sticking to a whole foods diet. More probably than not is what I like to say - better off to be on this side of it than the other side.

You're reasonableness and insight and intelligence stick out like a sore thumb on this thread. Good on you. Thank god the other posts are just that. Posts. Harmless :)

It's amazing how the same group of people agree with the same other people no matter how ridiculous the statements they make are. It's sad.

It also suggests that one group is dead wrong.

Yeah, usually the one you just sided with. Oh, look, the MFP moderators are after us all and making fake threads......what a ridiculous theory.

Ridiculous yet highly entertaining :wink:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to think the MFP moderators would be a bit more original with their spamming the forums, if that were the case.

Unless, of course, the Premium MFP lets users ignore certain types of threads and/or keywords. In that case, you might be on to something.

disregard the edit - it didn't work.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I always new ninerbuff was a closet Fed-Up fan.
  • Hornsby
    edited June 2015
    Why does it matter what the threads state. I find it hilarious to downright on-the-floor laughable that people think there are enough experts on the forums to make them more legitimate than a documentary. I have my own issues with the documentary - but on the base level - it's obvious that refined carbs are having a real impact on the general population. Those who avoid them (like me) find that it's easy to maintain weight - and eat more food in volume and have the energy to operate throughout the day in any capacity.

Who says it's not MFP staff/moderators just conjuring up something here to create activity on the forum. Why would it have to be anyone individual on the outside - if anything, there's more incentive for MFP staff/mods to pose fake accounts and create posts like this to enflame the masses and keep the forums active.

Whatever the case - all I know is I am a lot healthier avoiding refined carbs and sticking to a whole foods diet. More probably than not is what I like to say - better off to be on this side of it than the other side.

You're reasonableness and insight and intelligence stick out like a sore thumb on this thread. Good on you. Thank god the other posts are just that. Posts. Harmless :)

It's amazing how the same group of people agree with the same other people no matter how ridiculous the statements they make are. It's sad.

I forgot to mention, I have the same perspective from the other side of the fence. I actually have wondered how all you guys found each other. You can thank the internet.

That's what's funny. 90% of people come here thinking you have to eat clean and all that jazz (I was one). Then I read science, studied articles, read what successful people wrote....That's how I found these people. By getting schooled, but being willing to learn as opposed to being schooled and pretending I already knew it all. ;)
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »

I forgot to mention, I have the same perspective from the other side of the fence. I actually have wondered how all you guys found each other. You can thank the internet.

That's what's funny. 90% of people come here thinking you have to eat clean and all that jazz (I was one). Then I read science, studied articles, read what successful people wrote....That's how I found these people. By getting schooled, but being willing to learn as opposed to being schooled and pretending I already knew it all. ;)

^^^ Ditto. As I read this eating Cheetos.
  • Hornsby

It also suggests that one group is dead wrong.

Yeah, usually the one you just sided with. Oh, look, the MFP moderators are after us all and making fake threads......what a ridiculous theory.

It was the other information in his post that I side with. I certainly don't exclude conspiracy theories, but I really don't care about them one way or another. If they exist, what they are doing isn't working on me, so why care. Sorry conspiracies, you are kinda pathetic.

That was a predictably boring rebuttal.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Didn't read all the comment, but I try to focus on added sugars mainly with an overall focus on carbohydrates as well. I believe the recommended added sugar targets for woman at about 24g ans men somewhere in the mid 30's, which like you can see, isn't much. Natural sugars are carbs which fuel your body, but added are the kind we all should try and minimize. I haven't seen this documentary bc I heard it wasn't great, but hopefully if didn't upset you too badly. As a woman, I typically limit my added sugar to about 20g per day, just to be on the safe side.