How often do you drink alcohol?

Options
13»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Don't try to keep up with your friends binge drinking if you don't want to. You are young and it's better for your brain, health and maintaining your youthfulness not to. When I was in high school, I had trouble keeping up with the amount and frequency with which my friends were drinking. I am and always have been very small (98 pounds at most), so a small amount for other people is a lot for me. So, I stopped drinking in my last year or two of high school. In college I maybe drank on just a few occasions the whole 4 years. Then after college I did not drink at all for at least 10 years. My husband is also a non-drinker. And I didn't drink when I was pregnant and breastfeeding. Then for a few years in my thirties I started to drink some wine occasionally. But, I don't love it. For the past few months I've had a glass of wine around once a month. I may just not drink at all. We'll see.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    A few beers or glasses of wine on the weekends. Once in a while a drink or two during the week if I'm out or if I just feel like it. I used to drink more; usually wine or beer most nights with dinner and then many beers or margaritas on the weekend. When I counted how many calories I was actually consuming, I decided I'd rather eat more food than drink. :bigsmile:
  • messpark36
    messpark36 Posts: 33
    Options
    I dont think it affects weight loss that much if i stick to low cal beer or a glass of wine. I stay away from sugary drinks and margaritas because of the calories. I drink a glass or two of wine at least one night a week to help me unwind, but that is it. I never go out to drink at restaurants and such. I have kids to safely drive home! :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I generally drink after every race plus if my plan for the day will accomodate it, I'll have an adult beverage (beer or wine depending on the food) with dinner. Here's the thing though maybe 5% of the time when I drink I'll have a second drink and rarer still a third.

Having lost nearly 100 pounds, I can't really hold my booze, makes me a cheap drunk.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it, and can fit it into my calories for the day, basically. It's rarely more than 2 - 3, and as often as not, it's a beer with or after dinner.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I usually drink heavily once a week, if that. I used to drink more frequently, but had to cut back due to migraines. I basically cut out the nights I'd have a glass or two or three of wine, and only drink when I'm really out to get drunk.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've cut down on my drinking somewhat, but as someone said earlier if it fits in my macros, then I'll imbibe. I'm drinking 0-1 glasses of wine after work & about a total of 4 on the weekend. I don't have much taste for other types of alcohol.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I absolutely love beer and wine- but my love of beer especially lead to a lot of weight gain. I don't think I will ever be able to (or want to) stop drinking entirely, i had to cut down significantly, and now limit my intake to 2 or maybe 3 days a week, and no more than 3 beers or glasses of wine.