Tuna Omelette (Can also be scrambled)

Options
BenniBlanc0
BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,117 Member
Hi Guys,

I'm on a high fat, high protein regime with lots of training at the moment so thought I'd share this recipe because it's one of my favourite protein/fat packed meals also quick & easy. Tweak it as required, add/remove what you want but be prepared to love it!

1 Tin Of Tuna
3 x Free Range Eggs
Onion
Pepper (green, red or yellow)
Cracked black pepper
Cheddar Cheese
Chives.

Approx 350 calories & 35g of protein.

Try it before you form an opinion!

Replies

• sweetandsassyred
    sweetandsassyred Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Well thanks I might just do that. I always try things before giving it an opinion I may think it could be gross but I don't have an actual opinion on it just yet. I know this could be real good. Thanks for the recipe.
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That sounds good and so simple, I'll keep it in mind.
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    Well thanks I might just do that. I always try things before giving it an opinion I may think it could be gross but I don't have an actual opinion on it just yet. I know this could be real good. Thanks for the recipe.

Try it, nothing to lose but it's surprisingly tasty. Everyone I mention it too thinks it sounds horrible but it really isn't! (Maybe my taste buds are off) .... Everyone I have made it for seems to like it... Unless they are just being polite
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    icck wrote: »
    That sounds good and so simple, I'll keep it in mind.

It is simple, can bang it together in minutes & scoff it down rapid
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time without the cheese. I saute the veggies (whatever I have in the fridge) and tuna before adding the egg. Very yummy. Add hot sauce if desired :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Tuna omlettes are the bomb. Salmon ones too!
  • Tracey_w
    Tracey_w Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having this for dinner tonight
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yum. Pour it into muffin tins and bake it instead of cooking it omelette style, and all of a sudden it's portable and easy to make in advance for a grab 'n' go :D
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    GalaxyDuck wrote: »
    I make this all the time without the cheese. I saute the veggies (whatever I have in the fridge) and tuna before adding the egg. Very yummy. Add hot sauce if desired :)

Yes, jalepino give it a kick! - such a versatile dish lol
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Tuna omlettes are the bomb. Salmon ones too!

I know right! - I get such confused facial expressions off people when I mention it here in UK!
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    Tracey_w wrote: »
    I'm having this for dinner tonight

Let me know how it goes
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    Yum. Pour it into muffin tins and bake it instead of cooking it omelette style, and all of a sudden it's portable and easy to make in advance for a grab 'n' go :D

Yes. It's awesomely versatile... I messed it up once & scrambled it with egg instead to try & salvage something from it.... Turned out to be epic!
  • t_keesh
    t_keesh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nice recipe. Will cook it tomorrow. It's strange that I've never tried tuna with eggs before. Thanks a lot.
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    t_keesh wrote: »
    Nice recipe. Will cook it tomorrow. It's strange that I've never tried tuna with eggs before. Thanks a lot.

Let me know if it's a win or fail for you!
  • lally851
    lally851 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Interesting recipe, I'll try it!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I like salmon, and asparagus omelettes... With avo on the side.
  • BenniBlanc0
    Options
    So.... How'd it go?
  • Judy533
    Judy533 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've never done tuna with eggs, but do salmon all the time. I'll have to try it with canned and if that's not so great I'll give tuna steaks a try before saying nay.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome idea, I’ll have to try it soon! Thanks for sharing. Except I’m not sure about your calorie and protein count: for the kind I buy, a can of tuna alone has 32g of protein (Cloverleaf skipjack tuna in water) and 120cals. So, it will be even more protein. Which is awesome :smiley: