EASY cottage cheese crepes! High protein/low cal!

Options
ande1560
ande1560 Posts: 12
I don't normally post on the forums, but I tried a recipe I found off of pinterest today and loved it! Just three main ingredients for these high protein crepes (I made them pancakes by adding some baking powder so they were fluffier).

2 Eggs
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 flour

And I also added just a tiny bit of vanilla extract and cinnamon for taste. When I added it in to MFP, the entire batch (8 pancakes) was only 360 calories, 25g carbs, 29g protein, and 15g fat.

I put just a tiny bit of syrup on mine, but I'm sure they would taste great with fruit or jelly, too! :) It was really easy with the magic bullet, I just put it all in and let it stir it up for me.

Enjoy!

Replies

• spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    although im sure i could eat 8 pancakes by myself i think i might 1/2 the recipe and try this tomorrow. thanks B-)
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I will be having this in the morning. Thanks for sharing:wink:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Tag :D
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I might have to try these. I don't like cottage cheese but it is because of the texture...if that can be fixed (which it seems it can) then we should be good.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Bump for the morning
  • cspinelli712
    cspinelli712 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This odes sound yummy, but I have to ask what kind of cottage cheese did you use? Low fat, fat free or regular cottage cheese.
    Thanks again,
  • ande1560
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was so pleased to find that you really can't taste the cottage cheese in it. I used 4% large curd cottage cheese. (I bought a huge container to make cauliflower pizza bites (also REALLY good) and I was googling good ways to use up the rest!)
  • ande1560
    Options
    Edited: I forgot I already posted nutritional info :)
  • lqmustang
    lqmustang Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    gotta give this one a try
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This looks good. I reckon these rolled up and wrapped in foil will make good mountain bike trail food. Carbs and protein is the holy grail. :)

EDIT: Might try to add something though to bump the calories a touch for each one though, or maybe just make 4 from that recipe. Maybe dried fruit or chocolate chips in the roll.
  • sunshineanstars
    Options
    Bump
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    1/4 of what cup tsp etc?
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it would be a cup.
  • ande1560
    Options
    Yes! It should be cup :)
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I made these for lunch today but added 1 tbsp of almond milk because the cottage cheese I used (1% no salt added) is pretty thick. Also added baking powder (1/4 tsp) and cooked strawberry and banana slices in them. So much better than normal pancakes. The inside was so fluffy :) I will definitely make these again.