How are you determining how much to lose?

Options
13»

Replies

• cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love this site !! thanks for the info ~~ I said my goal weight is 125 and now I really think it is according to the pics!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get back into the jeans I wore when I was a full time yoga teacher 13 years ago. That was a good weight for me.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Goal 1: Get into a certain cycling jacket which had "shrunk" so that I couldn't zip it up anymore. Check.
    Goal 2: Drop into the "normal" BMI weight range. Check.
    Goal 3: Drop 2 kg lower than the upper end of the "normal" BMI weight range. Check.
    Goal 4: Drop as low as I could go on a net 1250 calorie diet by mid-June. That'll be whatever I get to in about 10 days.
    Goal 5: Drop to the middle of the "normal" BMI weight range. Still working on it.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Over the last 20 years or so, I have pictures of myself at a variety of weights over about an 80 lb spread. (Current picture is about 10 years old, but the weight I'm at now, or possibly a bit more.) I picked the pictures I generally liked the most (145-140ish) and am shooting for that weight. I'm sure the number will tweak itself a bit as I start lifting more seriously again.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I set a first goal of 160 lbs (the cusp of overweight/healthy for my height). Then I just keep dropping by 5 lbs until I'm happy with what I see in the mirror.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If I go by BMI alone I should be around 60-65kgs. I can't imagine being that weight, I cant even remember being that weight and I was weighing myself during my early teens. Earliest I can remember is about 70-75kgs. I am currently aiming for 75kgs though for my height that tells me that I am still considered "overweight" (but not by much). \Ideally\ I would like to fit comfortably into a size 10 clothes at Target in the adult female section (not the teeny bopper section across the aisle). However, I have quite a ways to go. I was only just celebrating dropping from a 22 jeans to an 18 in the plus section and having a >>woohoo<< moment about fitting into a size 20 in the regular section for a few tops ;)
    I think that I do better when I have clear goals to work towards and they don't even have to be BIG goals. I imagine I will still need the same going into maintenance however the focus will be shifted to body recomp and fitness rather than losing weight.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I picked high end of healthy bmi

But also have a goal with body fat percentage. Might be a bit ambitious but 17% but that's based on my scale which might not be entirely accurate but it seems pretty close.
  • amnesia503
    amnesia503 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What I did is found a healthy BMI that I know would be a good goal. For me, at 6 foot 2 it's 190 lbs. You can find BMI charts all over the web, and even calculators if you don't want to use a graph. But if you're muscular and putting on muscle but still haven't hit your goal, consider making your goal a certain body fat %