Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Day #3. I'm about 100 cals off, but like I said, I knew I wouldn't technically make it, and yesterday, I was at 1400 over or so, so I'm claiming it!
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day #3. I'm about 100 cals off, but like I said, I knew I wouldn't technically make it, and yesterday, I was at 1400 over or so, so I'm claiming it!

Good for you!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Day #4!!!!

My rest day wasn't even close. LOL.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 6 Completed
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 7 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Day #5! I walked it!

My shoulders are trashed (don't ask) so no circuit training of any sort. Tomorrow I should be back on the wagon. I walked 25,000 steps today to get the deficit up. :P
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    #6! Got it with walking (20,000 steps), but I'm Shredding in a few minutes, which will cover my evening snack!

I think MFP may be undercounting my calories burned. If so, awesomesauce. Cuz I lost 6lbs in 8 days.... I'm hoping not TOO much of that was just water. We'll see if I can squeeze 2lbs a week out of my weight loss in another week or two, when it will get tough.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 8 Completed
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day #5! I walked it!

My shoulders are trashed (don't ask) so no circuit training of any sort. Tomorrow I should be back on the wagon. I walked 25,000 steps today to get the deficit up. :P

Hope you feel better. 25,000 steps is amazing!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer but if you only have 20 lbs to lose you really should be aiming for about 0.5 lb/week loss and a deficit of 250 cals, to help preserve lean muscle and ease your transition into maintenance. 2 lbs per week is usually only feasible for those with a lot more weight to lose.

At this point maybe focusing on strength training with a slim deficit would help you reach your goals?

• palwithme
    Options
    I am finding with this challenge I can't do repetitive 1,000 calories a day deficits. I can do a few days, or only one day, then I have to up the calories to a 500 calorie deficit or eat at maintenance for a few days. I am combining two 500 calorie a day deficits into one day. Whatever, I will get there. :0)
  • palwithme
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Not to be a Debbie Downer but if you only have 20 lbs to lose you really should be aiming for about 0.5 lb/week loss and a deficit of 250 cals, to help preserve lean muscle and ease your transition into maintenance. 2 lbs per week is usually only feasible for those with a lot more weight to lose.

At this point maybe focusing on strength training with a slim deficit would help you reach your goals?

Thanks, I just posted my "reality" of this challenge at the same time you posted :) . Getting to a 1,000 calorie a day deficit was pretty easy when I was heavier. Now? Not so much. I am going to combine days until they total a 1,000
    calorie deficit and call it a day.
  • lisahaith42
    lisahaith42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think I'll give it a try...Does eating less calories cause your metabolism to slow down and conserve was been taken in???
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think I'll give it a try...Does eating less calories cause your metabolism to slow down and conserve was been taken in???

No. Starvation mode as you are describing is a myth.
  • palwithme
    Options
    Day 9 Completed
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I'm 16lbs to a recomp weight.

My true goal weight is somewhere between there and 9 pounds less, depending on what my body does with recomp these days.

I'm not actually doing these days continuously back to back. Like PalWithMe, I do 2 days or so and then I have to have a day around 500 deficit to 200 deficit. This is actually because I can't handle that much exercise because I'm terribly out of shape. (I only get the deficit through a LOT of activity because my exercise counts for so little.)

I'm also doing circuit training to build enough strength and stability in my bad joints to be able to lift again. I love lifting, but I can't do meaningful lifting right now. It's very frustrating, but it's the reality of life with my condition(s). I will also never run two miles again. I might (quite literally) die. So I do other things that my body tolerates.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

No, but you should average above 1200 calories.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Day #5! I walked it!

Hope you feel better. 25,000 steps is amazing!

I do! All my joints hate me. LOL. But they're better. Gotta take it slow!

#7 completed!

And 6lbs down...
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Day #8! I'm hungry, so I'm going past 25,000 steps to try to see how many more calories I can squeeze out of this sucker by midnight.