How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
13»

Replies

• Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    max, once a month. Since I tend to do 3 month programs, I usually way myself once every 3 months. (before and after) Though I will say, weight doesn't say much. take pictures and measurements instead they tell a much better story!
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Everyday, sometimes twice a day... especially after a good long run/workout I like to see that number drop!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Measure weekly. Weigh every month to two months.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Tab122377 wrote: »
    we do a weekly weigh in at work... keep our self accountable wens. at 8am we all go in a group.

Ya, I lost 30 pounds through at work competitions. We weighed once per week and kicked in $5, and the person who had lost the biggest percentage of weight at the end of an arbitrary period (may have been two months) won the kitty. I came in second and third, but that's fine.

Knowing other people would see my number helped motivate me.

• sdmccoy93
    sdmccoy93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Twice per day: once in the morning before I get dressed and once before I go to bed. I have 150 lbs to lose and like to see how my behavior (diet and exercise) impacts my weight. I don't recommend that everyone does this but it motivates me.

My official weigh in is weekly, on Tuesdays.
  • blazngfyre78
    blazngfyre78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week usually on Mondays just after my shower and before getting dressed.
  • Kman4evah
    Kman4evah Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks, with measurements done once a month.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Since I'm actively working to lose weight, I weigh daily in the morning after my morning business and before eating. I keep a clipboard on the wall near the scale and I note the number. I like data and I'm not bothered by fluctuations, since I'm more interested in the trendline. More data points give a better trendline to analyze.

I'm also doing an experiment by recording my evening weight before bed. I'm trying to see if there is any correlation to be made between the overnight change and diet. I figure I'll keep this up for two months total for enough data to work with, then go back to keeping only my morning weight.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Once a day, first thing in the morning after my morning wee.
    But I do have another weight app which estimates my timeframe based on trends and I log that every Monday Morning at the same time as I log onto the Drop 20 by July 4th Group
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    daily normally - sometimes I forget for a few days

I track on trendweight (like happyscale)
  • sahm2mandm
    sahm2mandm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm back to only weighing in once a month. From May '14 to Jan'15 I did once a month at my drs office. From Jan-May I bought a scale and weighed in whenever I felt like it. It messed with my head. So I'm going back to once a month.