To all of my gym rats!!

Options

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP, just discuss your concerns with your SO. Otherwise, you're going to end up staying in a very broken relationship being unhappy.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    jtraska594 wrote: »
    I don't think you've been educated enough about steroids. Steroids may be cheating IN A WAY. BUT that doesn't mean people on steroids sit on their butts and just let the steroids do all the magic. You could take as many steroids as you want and not workout at all, I promise you will hardly gain anything. Those huge body builders are all on steroids and you can try to take twice the amount of the steroids they take and I will also promise you, you will never get that big or strong especially if you do not put the work in AND do not have the genes. I know many people who are on steroids (because of my boyfriend) who have been working out on steroids for almost 4 years and are still not close to being as big as my boyfriend or the rock or any body builder. Watch bigger faster stronger documentary. You'll learn a lot more than you May think you know now.

yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Lol steroids def have a little to do with it but he doesn't take as much as your thinking. Just once a week and no more. Ppl who shoot 7 days a week are abusing it even 5 days a week is too much. Some people shoot 7 days a week and cannot get as big as the rock. Genetics have a lot to do with it too and so does how hard you work. But yeah they are pretty amazing lol

You bf takes steroids. LOL is this a joke thread now. Now you definitely already have the answer even before starting the thread.

to comment on yes I have a friend who is a natural lifter that most people think he takes steroids because he is stronger than a lot of folks and looks that way. It took him over a decade of natural lifting to get to where he is now.

Steroids is cheating. Please don't comment about your bf putting in work and juicing while he does.

I know you're talking to someone else, but I have seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Remember the director's brother, Mike Bell, who is featured prominently in the film? The guy who has kids and his wife is like, "He's using less!" blah blah? He died a few months after the film was released. He was 37 years old. It does not take 4 hours in the gym to get that kind of physique, especially if he's using steroids to cheat on the recovery time.

A relationship is already over if you don't trust him. He can talk about marriage and kids all day long, but if you don't trust him, how could you do either with him? You have a few options:

1. Stay with him, accept his word as truth. Doesn't sound like you can do this.
    2. Stay with him, convinced he is cheating, but accepting the cheating. Sounds crappy.
    3. Be a Sneak. This already means you don't trust him and are trying to catch him in the act to feel better about yourself. Spoiler alert- best case scenario he's cheating and you find proof and you get out of the relationship. If you don't find proof you'll always wonder if he was too sneaky for you. You could call the gym and have them page him to the desk to ask him a question. Say your phone battery is dead. Ask him what he wants to do for dinner. If he's not at the gym, he's lying to you. If he is at the gym, well, he might still not be there all 4 hours. You can put an iphone tracker on his phone and check in on it remotely. That's not crazy. That's LOVE.
    4. Just leave. Find someone who doesn't make you feel like this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I don't think you've been educated enough about steroids. Steroids may be cheating IN A WAY. BUT that doesn't mean people on steroids sit on their butts and just let the steroids do all the magic. You could take as many steroids as you want and not workout at all, I promise you will hardly gain anything. Those huge body builders are all on steroids and you can try to take twice the amount of the steroids they take and I will also promise you, you will never get that big or strong especially if you do not put the work in AND do not have the genes. I know many people who are on steroids (because of my boyfriend) who have been working out on steroids for almost 4 years and are still not close to being as big as my boyfriend or the rock or any body builder. Watch bigger faster stronger documentary. You'll learn a lot more than you May think you know now.

Lol steroids def have a little to do with it but he doesn't take as much as your thinking. Just once a week and no more. Ppl who shoot 7 days a week are abusing it even 5 days a week is too much. Some people shoot 7 days a week and cannot get as big as the rock. Genetics have a lot to do with it too and so does how hard you work. But yeah they are pretty amazing lol

You bf takes steroids. LOL is this a joke thread now. Now you definitely already have the answer even before starting the thread.

to comment on yes I have a friend who is a natural lifter that most people think he takes steroids because he is stronger than a lot of folks and looks that way. It took him over a decade of natural lifting to get to where he is now.

Steroids is cheating. Please don't comment about your bf putting in work and juicing while he does.

I pretty sure my steroid education is more than you think that why I can judge them because I know whats happens. I will continue to judge them poorly too because I know how much less work it takes than a natural lifter.

That where you are wrong by you thinking that I think you can gain muscle mass sitting on the couch taking steroids. That not the kind of work I am talking about. There is diet work which is way more than you think for a natural lifter to get a body builder type of body along with maximum time under tension. I have been weight training for close to a decade. You really think you know more about lifting than what I might have already experience?

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

What part are you questioning?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I pretty sure my steroid education is more than you think that why I can judge them because I know whats happens. I will continue to judge them poorly too because I know how much less work it takes than a natural lifter.

That where you are wrong by you thinking that I think you can gain muscle mass sitting on the couch taking steroids. That not the kind of work I am talking about. There is diet work which is way more than you think for a natural lifter to get a body builder type of body along with maximum time under tension. I have been weight training for close to a decade. You really think you know more about lifting than what I might have already experience?

It's pretty obvious he doesn't understand what steroids actually do.
  • jtraska594
    jtraska594 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    He's not. Idk what it is with him and other guys. I mean I guess I could somewhat understand because it would somewhat bother me too if it was the other way around. But he gets mad if my number is given out to certain guys, for example like from my class (I usually get their number for school reasons nothing bad) and he always says why don't you talk to girls in your class why is it always a guy who gets your number. Or if a random guy comes up to me and tries to have a conversation and he sees if he's picking me up from school or something he gets really upset about it, which I could somewhat understand because i wouldn't want him standing next to some girl holding a conversation, knowing there could be attraction involved and maybe lead to more because you never know who has enough will power to not cheat on their significant other. I don't really ever tell him this just saying how I would feel about the situation lol

PeachyPlum wrote: »
    He would not want me to join, he already once mentioned that he wants to get me a membership at an ALL woman's gym. Which can sometimes be understandable. Don't know if it is because he that one of the only time away from me or if he is out doing something else or if he doesn't want to be constantly worrying about me and making sure other guys are not hitting on me.

I know you are looking for a man's advice, but why not tour the gym and see what the atmosphere is like? Some gyms are equipment only where I would think 4 hours is extreme. But some gyms have pools, fitness classes, a juice bar where people sit and talk, etc. He may workout for two hours and shoot the you know what for two more. If you are suspecting foul behavior tell him you'd like to join with him and check out his reaction.

Why does this dude get to tell you what gym to sign up for? He sounds like a controlling *kitten*.

• LolBroScience
    edited June 2015
    Options

Most everything you are saying, but more so the parts that aren't complete thoughts or sentences.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Look, if you think something is wrong to the point where you're asking a bunch of internet strangers whether something seems wrong, there's probably something wrong.

Either way, it's obvious that you don't trust him, either because he is not worthy of your trust or because you're not in a space mentally where you're able to trust people.

Why would you want to be with someone you don't trust?

701993_mx4f1i.jpg
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    He would not want me to join, he already once mentioned that he wants to get me a membership at an ALL woman's gym. Which can sometimes be understandable. Don't know if it is because he that one of the only time away from me or if he is out doing something else or if he doesn't want to be constantly worrying about me and making sure other guys are not hitting on me.

I know you are looking for a man's advice, but why not tour the gym and see what the atmosphere is like? Some gyms are equipment only where I would think 4 hours is extreme. But some gyms have pools, fitness classes, a juice bar where people sit and talk, etc. He may workout for two hours and shoot the you know what for two more. If you are suspecting foul behavior tell him you'd like to join with him and check out his reaction.

I doubt he'd want you posting this stuff on here either, which can sometimes be understandable. Wanting to isolate you from guys because someone might look at you is not sometimes understandable.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    Yeah, this guy cheats in the gym so who knows where his relationship morals are! I'm just messing about, he probably just has all the energy in the world, recovers quick and can afford to bang out rep after rep so four hours is what it takes. As somebody said, he might be in "the Juice bar" afterwards. ;) . I say level with him and ask him straight out. Then you will know "What the Rocks Cooking"!!! etc.

You ain't know. Steroids is not cheating but why have so many federation banned it from a lot of things seeing how its not cheating.

Mate, I have no idea what that means. it looks like an anagram of what might have been a coherent sentence.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Most everything you are saying, but more so the parts that aren't complete thoughts or sentences.

Let me ask you something. To get a body builder physique which would accomplish it quicker?

Person A does a structure program and eat in surplus.
    Person B does exactly the same as person a and takes steroids.

Lets assume the other factors are the same and steroid use is the only difference.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    Well i know plenty of married people at my gym that are hitting a back room between sets. Or those early morning runs just to meet someone around the block and hop in their car for a 'drive'. anything is possible. Good luck with that. Put a GPS tracker in his car and stalk him.

Plenty of people? Dang. That's sad.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    i dont buy it. i have been in the gym for many many years if this were my boyfriend i would laugh and show him the door and that i the htg truth.
  • LolBroScience
    edited June 2015
    Options

Let me ask you something. To get a body builder physique which would accomplish it quicker?

Lets assume the other factors are the same and steroid use is the only difference.

Person B, obviously. Doesn't mean it is cheating in any way if you are using it for recreational purposes. You still have to put in the effort.
  • jtraska594
    jtraska594 Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    But was it because of the steroids because there never really has been a death related incident involving steroids. There have always been other things that lead to it. And I mean also if you are over using you are harming your body so it also has a lot to do with moderation as with anything else. I mean think about it. Look at all of the chemicals we put in our body food wise and also even with the pollution of the air which is cancerous. I know what you mean and I feel the same way too but have also been thinking since he's been working out for such a long time maybe could be possible but at this point do not really believe it takes 4 hours at the gym especially because this is a brand new routine. Do you know people that are on steroids who may spend around that much time in the gym?

leggup wrote: »

I know you're talking to someone else, but I have seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Remember the director's brother, Mike Bell, who is featured prominently in the film? The guy who has kids and his wife is like, "He's using less!" blah blah? He died a few months after the film was released. He was 37 years old. It does not take 4 hours in the gym to get that kind of physique, especially if he's using steroids to cheat on the recovery time.

A relationship is already over if you don't trust him. He can talk about marriage and kids all day long, but if you don't trust him, how could you do either with him? You have a few options:

1. Stay with him, accept his word as truth. Doesn't sound like you can do this.
    2. Stay with him, convinced he is cheating, but accepting the cheating. Sounds crappy.
    3. Be a Sneak. This already means you don't trust him and are trying to catch him in the act to feel better about yourself. Spoiler alert- best case scenario he's cheating and you find proof and you get out of the relationship. If you don't find proof you'll always wonder if he was too sneaky for you. You could call the gym and have them page him to the desk to ask him a question. Say your phone battery is dead. Ask him what he wants to do for dinner. If he's not at the gym, he's lying to you. If he is at the gym, well, he might still not be there all 4 hours. You can put an iphone tracker on his phone and check in on it remotely. That's not crazy. That's LOVE.
    4. Just leave. Find someone who doesn't make you feel like this.

• yopeeps025
    Options

Person B, obviously. Doesn't mean it is cheating in any way if you are using it for recreational purposes. You still have to put in the effort.

That effort is less than a natural lifter right? Or is it more effort?
  • LolBroScience
    Options

I think you make a poor argument. Look at any top lifter. or athlete for that matter and tell me that they are only better than you because of their gear use and not their effort.

Do you train harder than then someone whose job is to perform?
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "He's not. Idk what it is with him and other guys. I mean I guess I could somewhat understand because it would somewhat bother me too if it was the other way around. But he gets mad if my number is given out to certain guys, for example like from my class (I usually get their number for school reasons nothing bad) and he always says why don't you talk to girls in your class why is it always a guy who gets your number. Or if a random guy comes up to me and tries to have a conversation and he sees if he's picking me up from school or something he gets really upset about it, which I could somewhat understand because i wouldn't want him standing next to some girl holding a conversation, knowing there could be attraction involved and maybe lead to more because you never know who has enough will power to not cheat on their significant other. I don't really ever tell him this just saying how I would feel about the situation lol"

OH MY GOD. This sounds like two junior high schoolers. Do you want to be in a relationship like this where your "man" (loosely) gets upset when you're talking to another male, i.e. about half of the world's population? This is so unhealthy, and you're rationalizing so much of the immature behavior, including yours. Really, if you're going to feel the least bit concerned when you see your man talking to another woman who might be pretty, the trust is gone. Move on.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

If both are competitive bodybuilders or powerlifters the one on gear would be putting in more effort because steroids reduce recovery time. Lifters on gear put in more days or significantly more hours than natural lifters because they can. Natural lifters have to take recovery time seriously.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    "He's not. Idk what it is with him and other guys. I mean I guess I could somewhat understand because it would somewhat bother me too if it was the other way around. But he gets mad if my number is given out to certain guys, for example like from my class (I usually get their number for school reasons nothing bad) and he always says why don't you talk to girls in your class why is it always a guy who gets your number. Or if a random guy comes up to me and tries to have a conversation and he sees if he's picking me up from school or something he gets really upset about it, which I could somewhat understand because i wouldn't want him standing next to some girl holding a conversation, knowing there could be attraction involved and maybe lead to more because you never know who has enough will power to not cheat on their significant other. I don't really ever tell him this just saying how I would feel about the situation lol"

OH MY GOD. This sounds like two junior high schoolers. Do you want to be in a relationship like this where your "man" (loosely) gets upset when you're talking to another male, i.e. about half of the world's population? This is so unhealthy, and you're rationalizing so much of the immature behavior, including yours. Really, if you're going to feel the least bit concerned when you see your man talking to another woman who might be pretty, the trust is gone. Move on.

To be fair, this guy sound Alpha as Fu@k. He's obviously doing something right is the OP is happy to accept it. What a guy. :D
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Okay so, we have a man who goes to the gym for 4 hours and OP thinks he may be involved in "extra curricular activities" OP doesn't trust him but wants someone to tell her that it's okay and that he is just working out for 4 hours, now OP says that said boyfriend basically is a controlling jerk that tells her what to do and where to work out. If this is not a troll, then this person is not mentally mature enough to be in a relationship. Good Lord!